PDA

View Full Version : On this day

Keithb87
10-19-2004, 06:55 AM
5 years ago. October 19, 1999 I used Meth for the last time. I was using a lot, and doing some stuff that I won't go into detail about. The best thing that happened to me was getting arrested and going to jail. Had that not happened I would probably be dead by now.
Meth is a Dangerous and Highly Addictive drug. It will suck the life out of you and all that you own. Your true friends, and family will stick by you, but you will loose their trust. Those that you keep close, will steal you blind. All of your worldly possessions will be taken and traded to the nearest dope dealer for a little bit of Meth.
Just thought I'd share a milestone with the coolest on and off line family that I am proud to be a part of.
Keith (looking forward to another 5 years) B87 :)

Mrs. Restless22
10-19-2004, 06:57 AM
That is the best milestone I think anyone can accomplish. You are a strong man for staying clean and making family more important then drugs.
Congratulation Keith! Cant wait to see you celebrate your 10 years clean. :cool:
Shawna

Quality Time
10-19-2004, 06:58 AM
Congrats! Keep up the good work and look forward to the next 50+ years :)

welk2party
10-19-2004, 06:58 AM
Congrts Keith. You are an inspiration to those trying to change their lives I am sure. :cool:

redneckgirl
10-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Congrats!!! :D :D
RNG

JetBoatRich
10-19-2004, 07:03 AM
Congratulations :wink: great to read a story like yours and your will power to stay away. We read to many times, the other side of what happens.
Keep it up :cool:

MagicMtnDan
10-19-2004, 07:05 AM
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/23_28_116.gif
Congratulations Keith! I commend you for being courageous enough to face your dependency and overcome it. And you're big enough to admit your past mistakes publicly and have the strength to stay on the right path. I wish you continued success and the best of health in the future. You're a winner and I'm happy for you!
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/smiley_abtu.gif

RiverOtter
10-19-2004, 07:06 AM
Congratulations!! Many can't do what you have done. :cool:

hoolign
10-19-2004, 07:06 AM
Congrats dude!..August was ten years without any form of chemicals for me, still have a hoot now and then, Yesterday I got a call that one of my friends got charged with murdering another friend of mine over drugs,he went from an awsome dude to someone I did'nt need to be around because of his association with the wrong element.
heres the artical in this mornings paper heath was a very good friend as was brad..f uckin drugs!
Oct 18 2004
Murder suspects in court today
By SUSAN ZIELINSKI
Advocate staff
Three suspects charged in the stabbing murder of a Red Deer man are to appear in Red Deer provincial court today.
Heath York Degraff, 31, and Delmond Joseph Kroetsch, 24, both of Red Deer with no fixed address; and Cory Ross Foster, 26, of Penhold with no fixed address, were all arrested in Lethbridge by police last week. Degraff and Foster were picked up by Lethbridge police on Friday afternoon at a house. Foster was arrested on Thursday.
All three were arrested without incident and charged with second-degree murder in the death of Bradley Wade Scott.
They join two other Red Deer men charged in connection with the murder earlier last week.
Scott, 40, was found dead in a Glendale apartment suite on Sept. 27.
He was wounded in a shooting two years earlier that was connected to drugs. Court records show he was also awaiting trial on drug charges at the time of his death.
Lance Graydon Turner, 35, was charged with second-degree murder and reserved his plea in court last on Oct 12.
Jason Tyler Gowling, 32 was charged with one count of counselling manslaughter. He appears in court on Tuesday.
life is short enough with out putting the odds against you
keep it clean dude...once again congrats on the 5 year http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

racecar.hotshoe
10-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Well that explains alot..........http://www.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar7079_1.gif
Keep up the good job,Your family loves you being around......But that face is one only a mother could love...... :D

OGShocker
10-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Thank you for sharing! My "dark days" are 22 years behind me. Glad to see you winning the fight, it is a hard one!
Question? Was the picture of you in your avatar taken "back in the day"? :D

Keithb87
10-19-2004, 07:14 AM
Nope. The pic in the avatar is a "WET KITTY".
My GF / fiancee says that it fits. :2purples:

racecar.hotshoe
10-19-2004, 07:16 AM
Nope. The pic in the avatar is a "WET KITTY".
My GF / fiancee says that it fits. :2purples:ol sure it is ......... :D

91nordic29
10-19-2004, 07:41 AM
we are only too happy to have you around here :rollside: you have some very valuble insight on a variety of subjects :chi: :cool: and it wouldnt be the same without you!
cindy

LVJAKAZ
10-19-2004, 07:48 AM
Congrats!!!! :D I love your wet kitty picture, it cracks me up every time I see it :messedup:

Tow Guy
10-19-2004, 07:49 AM
That's Bitchen Glad To Hear I'm Not Alone.
Keep Up The Great Stride.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day! ;) ;)

charlyox
10-19-2004, 07:51 AM
that shit will kill you.stay strong!

Garrddogg
10-19-2004, 07:55 AM
Happy Birth day :D :chi:

Keithb87
10-19-2004, 07:58 AM
Thanks for all the positive reinforcment. I figure if one person reads this, and kicks the habbit, or steers away from it, Then some good has come from my experience. :cool:

PHX ATC
10-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Word.
To hell with only 5 more years...let's go for 50. :cool: You can do that in your sleep.
Congrats, it's better to have you as a neighbor than stuck in jail.
:)

Red Eye
10-19-2004, 08:47 AM
Congrats... now have a beer and a shot to celebrate.

Some Kind Of Monster
10-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Very cool that you have been able to overcome it and realize that there is more to life. Besides, we would NEVER get that boat done if you weren't around to make it happen :notam:
Congrats Keith. You have all the love and support in the world. It kills me to see friends go down hill from drug use. Glad to see you won't be one of them.

spectratoad
10-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Right on!!!! :) Then next fifty will be easy :sleeping: I have messed around with the stuff in the past. It can take you down quick. Good job and keep it up.

topless
10-19-2004, 09:23 AM
Congratulations Keith. Wow that is an awesome story/recovery. I knew there was a reason I liked you! Takes alot of courage to do what you have accomplished. ;)

switchin'addiction
10-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Congratualtions on the 5 years. You have my upmost respect for your admission. It take a big man to openly admit to the demons in his past. Once again congrats man!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Well Done..
Stay Strong.

Keithb87
10-19-2004, 04:24 PM
thanks again for all the comments. ;)

FMluvswater
10-19-2004, 04:34 PM
That's a wonderful milestone Keithy. :cool: Congratulations! Wishing you many more years of freedom from that poison. :) Thanks for sharing your achievement with us. :)

ratso
10-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Good going Keith... :D
I have a friend being sent up for 40 years because of that sh#t. :frown: