How do you deal with your anger.... :hammerhea
Are you OK?

rvrtoy
10-20-2004, 10:05 AM
I yell at people that I work with. :squiggle:

RiverOtter
10-20-2004, 10:06 AM
I don't. I keep it all bottled up inside ... Ya know, waiting for the right day. Then I'm going postal :devil: :devil: :devil: :notam:

Boozer
10-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Not vey well! :D
Same here. Havent smoked in a week. I'm still amazed at the fact that I spent an entire weekend with the boss in Denver and managed to NOT strangle him.
I have always had sh*tty anger management skills and a somewhat short temper. But what short was there isnt anymore I have been going off on everyone for the stupidest sh*t lately. Hell just a couple days ago I cussed out my father because he couldnt make up his mind on what he wanted for dinner.
Hopefully as the cig cravings continue to subside my patience will come back and I'll be able to manage my anger.

switchin'addiction
10-20-2004, 10:07 AM
I don't. I keep it all bottled up inside ... Ya know, waiting for the right day. Then I'm going postal :devil: :devil: :devil: :notam:
I'm right there with you Otter! :mad: :mad:

RiverOtter
10-20-2004, 10:09 AM
I'm right there with you Otter! :mad: :mad:
What?? I'm fine... I'm not mad.... :220v:

jeepinscott
10-20-2004, 10:10 AM
I kill things with large caliber weapons.
Or ride my YZ across the desert as fast as it will go. Then the pissed off me gets 'permagrin.'

Havasu_Dreamin
10-20-2004, 10:13 AM
I surf HB. :p :boxingguy :p

rvrtoy
10-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Same here. Havent smoked in a week. I'm still amazed at the fact that I spent an entire weekend with the boss in Denver and managed to NOT strangle him.
I have always had sh*tty anger management skills and a somewhat short temper. But what short was there isnt anymore I have been going off on everyone for the stupidest sh*t lately. Hell just a couple days ago I cussed out my father because he couldnt make up his mind on what he wanted for dinner.
Hopefully as the cig cravings continue to subside my patience will come back and I'll be able to manage my anger.
Dam dude. Ever heard of the patch? j/k I was able to quit smoking after 13 years. I did it cold turkey though. The doctor told me it was medically necessary due to my daughters health. It's been nearly one year. Good luck to ya.

1stepcloser
10-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Logic defeats anger, because anger, even when it's justified, can quickly become irrational. So use cold hard logic on yourself. Remind yourself that the world is "not out to get you," you're just experiencing some of the rough spots of daily life. :smile:

Boozer
10-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Dam dude. Ever heard of the patch? j/k I was able to quit smoking after 13 years. I did it cold turkey though. The doctor told me it was medically necessary due to my daughters health. It's been nearly one year. Good luck to ya.
Hardest part is over. The first few days were the most brutal for me. I figured it wouldnt be to bad and get to the point where I only want to smoke when I'm drunk. Thats true but I'm ALWAYS drunk. :supp:
Its all good though. My father and friends all know I'm an asshole because of this not smoking thing so it wont lead to any :boxingguy
What I really need to do is find a nice little 909 slut that I can take my anger out on in the bedroom. And we all know there are plenty of sluts in the 909 so it shouldnt be to difficult.

rvrtoy
10-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Hardest part is over. The first few days were the most brutal for me. I figured it wouldnt be to bad and get to the point where I only want to smoke when I'm drunk. Thats true but I'm ALWAYS drunk. :supp:
Its all good though. My father and friends all know I'm an asshole because of this not smoking thing so it wont lead to any :boxingguy
What I really need to do is find a nice little 909 slut that I can take my anger out on in the bedroom. And we all know there are plenty of sluts in the 909 so it shouldnt be to difficult.
Isn't it the 951 sluts now. LOL
Anyway...The Best of luck to ya. Every day gets easier!!

spectratoad
10-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Stress sex works for me. Or I just call my ex and start shit with her so I don't take it home to the wife and kids. :squiggle:

Boozer
10-20-2004, 10:27 AM
Stress sex works for me. Or I just call my ex and start shit with her so I don't take it home to the wife and kids. :squiggle:
I guess that's better then taking it out on the mistress?

That Guy
10-20-2004, 10:30 AM
I go and buy a pontoon boat and lauch it with ease at the Lake Havasu Marina.....oops wait, the boat is too long and it has one of those "performance" motors and I am wearing a blue bathing suit and my wife has blonde hair..and then I see the clearly legal and descriptive sign that reads:
No pontoon boats over 10' with any type of engine will be allowed to launch. Also, no one wearing a blue bathing suit or who's wife has blonde hair will be allowed to launch. By order of OSHA and Jeff

hoolign
10-20-2004, 10:30 AM
WHAT THE HELLS IT TO YA??? :o :jawdrop: :D

abraman1326
10-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Usually I just keep it bottled up inside. Sometimes though, when it's pretty bad, I take a little drive to the lake. Put the peddle to the floor, and see how much my car can slide w/o killing myself. After I scare the crap out of myself, I'm thinking about other things, and not what I was mad about...
BRA

MsDrmr
10-20-2004, 10:35 AM
WHAT THE HELLS IT TO YA??? :o :jawdrop: :D
hey be nice, I gave you greenies, I see you deal with life by banging your head into your keyboard...I'm just not into self abuse :D

NOTALENT
10-20-2004, 10:39 AM
I hit the gym with some Harcore music..and max out on everything..and if I am still mad I will call a few buddies up and spar...full contact.. :cool: I always feel great after that.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
10-20-2004, 10:40 AM
WOW!!! There is some one like me out there :2purples: LOL
If my husband would get me the kick bag I want I'd be a happy camper :wink:

Havasu_Dreamin
10-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Logic defeats anger, because anger, even when it's justified, can quickly become irrational. So use cold hard logic on yourself. Remind yourself that the world is "not out to get you," you're just experiencing some of the rough spots of daily life. :smile:
Very well said!

hoolign
10-20-2004, 10:42 AM
hey be nice, I gave you greenies, I see you deal with life by banging your head into your keyboard...I'm just not into self abuse :D
my bad!I gave some back
:hammerhea :D

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
10-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Very well said!
I agree :D

JetBoatRich
10-20-2004, 10:45 AM
Isn't that when you go home and screw the dog and beat the wife :2purples: :2purples:
J/k
You need to find a release :cool: sports, boating, walk away and take another look at the situation :hammerhea if someone made you angry, it may be better to distance yourself then come back with a clear head and then talk about it. This could help from things being said that could cause even bigger problems.

Rexone
10-20-2004, 10:48 AM
I usually just break some shit or ban a few people.

91nordic29
10-20-2004, 10:58 AM
it takes an awful lot to make me angry. havent been angry angry in a long time. lately the most ticked i have been has been while reading what some of the new morons have been posting lately. i guess i have got it pretty good :D

Keithb87
10-20-2004, 10:59 AM
I yell and scream at my employees, then I go home and feel like an ASS

Jbb
10-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Clean my guns....
Talk to the voices in my head......
......and give negative rep points..... :D

topless
10-20-2004, 12:37 PM
I usually just break some shit or ban a few people.
So THATS what happened to my trailer. :hammerhea

FMluvswater
10-20-2004, 01:35 PM
put on heavy music with lots of cussing in it turn it to volume 11 and scream/sing along with it until I'm exhausted ... or post a thread and have a public hissy fit cuz invariable someone will make me laugh at myself and then I don't feel so angry anymore. :D (By the way it is unkind and not very nice to make an angry person smile or laugh. ;) Spoils the mood you know.)

Captain Dan
10-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Alcohol, loud music, sex, dirt bikes, fast boats.....
Wait a minute - that's weekends.
What was the question?

Unforgiven
10-20-2004, 03:08 PM
I go to work and take out on my Boss.... :devil:

Tom Brown
10-20-2004, 03:11 PM
......and give negative rep points..... :D
Me too. Of course, I never sign the negative ones. I just say something like, "Beaumont sucks".

switchin'addiction
10-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Isn't that when you go home and screw the dog and beat the wife :2purples: :2purples:
Hey Rich I think that's what causes the anger when you wake up/sober up! :D

wsuwrhr
10-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Not very well
Brian

topless
10-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Not very well
Brian
Tell Mopar to stop hitting on me, he freaks me out!

Tom Brown
10-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Tell Mopar to stop hitting on me, he freaks me out!
You tell him, baby. :cool:

spectratoad
10-21-2004, 08:27 AM
I guess that's better then taking it out on the mistress?
My wife won't let me have no matter how I try to explain all of the benefits to her. :p

Keithb87
10-21-2004, 08:29 AM
I used to sharpen knives.....
There is something with the grind of metal on a Whet stone is soothing :devil:

MsDrmr
10-21-2004, 08:39 AM
well, went & took the little one to buy a costume, went to dinner, went home and fell into bed..still not feeling all that happy but it takes time :boxingguy

Mandelon
10-21-2004, 08:40 AM
I take it out on unsuspecting drivers. :220v: :skull:

BarryMac
10-21-2004, 08:44 AM
well, went & took the little one to buy a costume, went to dinner, went home and fell into bed..still not feeling all that happy but it takes time :boxingguy
Wish I could do something to help...
gjb