PDA

View Full Version : Glamis??

SoCalHD
10-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Anyone else here thinking about hitting up some sand this weekend?? Just wondering-my neighbor and I are thinking about it since our wives have plans on Saturday. :idea:

BADBLOWN572
10-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Heading on out to Glamis on Halloween. Got plans for this weekend.

jeepinscott
10-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Not this weekend, but next I am going to desert hot springs. Jeepin and ridin my bike. Where in Yucaipa are you?

victorfb
10-20-2004, 12:53 PM
i wait a couple weeks before going out to glamis after a rain. the wet sand is the number one killer of transmissions on sand cars. though the tranny guys love it when it rains. :eat: if you plan to run a sand car in the wet sand, do yourself a favor and run ALOT of air in the paddles. this will allow the tires to spin a little better and not hook up so hard, putting the extreme loads on the tranny. be carefull. the sand may look dry on the surface, but as soon as you start digging in youll see the wet stuff. great for bikes without paddles, but way too much hookup with paddles. this goes for all tranny's aswell. not just the sand cars. we will be out there in a couple weeks. :D

Ziggy
10-20-2004, 12:57 PM
i wait a couple weeks before going out to glamis after a rain. the wet sand is the number one killer of transmissions on sand cars. though the tranny guys love it when it rains. :eat: if you plan to run a sand car in the wet sand, do yourself a favor and run ALOT of air in the paddles. this will allow the tires to spin a little better and not hook up so hard, putting the extreme loads on the tranny. be carefull. the sand may look dry on the surface, but as soon as you start digging in youll see the wet stuff. great for bikes without paddles, but way too much hookup with paddles. this goes for all tranny's aswell. not just the sand cars. we will be out there in a couple weeks. :D
I like doing wheelies all over the place :D :D stretches the shit out of my chain though.

SoCalHD
10-20-2004, 01:28 PM
Not this weekend, but next I am going to desert hot springs. Jeepin and ridin my bike. Where in Yucaipa are you?
I'm off County Line Road.

Extreme Liquid
10-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Ocotillo Wells this weekend

PEGDUB
10-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Ill be in Glamis over Halloween, hope to meet some of you nice cheerfull folks :boxed:

jeepinscott
10-20-2004, 01:34 PM
I'm between Second and California, San Carlos, one block off County line.
I love the wet dunes. My slow ass jeep hooks up! A big ol ford truck tranny is hard to break!

SoCalHD
10-20-2004, 01:40 PM
I'm on Ave H just off of 5th. I'm often out front having a cold one with my neighbor.

Mrs.Racer277
10-20-2004, 01:47 PM
I'm on Ave H just off of 5th. I'm often out front having a cold one with my neighbor.
Chris have you talked to Sean about next weekend at Glamis? I think they are down another guy. They are still planning on leaving thursday night I think.

jeepinscott
10-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Now I can stalk you. Then, when youre not looking, I can steal your beer!

Mrs.Racer277
10-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Now I can stalk you. Then, when youre not looking, I can steal your beer!
Just be careful he has a really BIG dog. :) :)

jeepinscott
10-20-2004, 01:58 PM
I like big puppies, just not big mean puppies.

Big_Gunz_
10-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Ill be in Glamis over Halloween, hope to meet some of you nice cheerfull folks :boxed:
Same here, I'll be there over the Halloween weekend.

SoCalHD
10-20-2004, 02:08 PM
I like big puppies, just not big mean puppies.
He is not mean, unless I don't like you. Then he might feel the need to regulate!! He loved Mr. and Mrs.Racer277-they fed him carne!! :D

dicudmore
10-20-2004, 02:11 PM
He is not mean, unless I don't like you. Then he might feel the need to regulate!! He loved Mr. and Mrs.Racer277-they fed him carne!! :D
guess thats why you're the K9 rep eh?
sometimes you need to draw me a picture before I get it :cry:

SoCalHD
10-20-2004, 02:19 PM
guess thats why you're the K9 rep eh?
sometimes you need to draw me a picture before I get it :cry:
Naw, you remember the little details about important stuff-like boats!! You just didn't get to meet Bozo at the AMTTDR 2 weeks ago.

dicudmore
10-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Naw, you remember the little details about important stuff-like boats!! You just didn't get to meet Bozo at the AMTTDR 2 weeks ago.
I wanted to be there for that....
I'm going back to a place with weekends off before next summer.

SoCalHD
10-20-2004, 02:47 PM
I wanted to be there for that....
I'm going back to a place with weekends off before next summer.
So we might run into each other sometime next June??? :idea:

dicudmore
10-20-2004, 03:23 PM
So we might run into each other sometime next June??? :idea:
we might possibly be at lake mohave early June.
some chance be launching out of katherines and then making a right turn... :idea:
some chance we may even see some of our other boating buddies :D

SoCalHD
10-20-2004, 03:33 PM
we might possibly be at lake mohave early June.
some chance be launching out of katherines and then making a right turn... :idea:
some chance we may even see some of our other boating buddies :D
O, I ment that I was going to be staying at the hotel at KL. I wasn't sure if anyone was going out on the water. :wink:

Magic34
10-20-2004, 03:38 PM
We normally stay at Gordon's Well, but I have always wanted to make the trip to Glamis via Sand Highway on the quad. I'll come over when I make it to the dunes.

dicudmore
10-20-2004, 04:36 PM
O, I ment that I was going to be staying at the hotel at KL. I wasn't sure if anyone was going out on the water. :wink:
I might be sleeping in my boat, or staying in laughlin....
ya never know when one might be on the water :idea:

Mrs.Racer277
10-20-2004, 05:50 PM
I was not going to give up Bozo's little secret. :D
I was trying to save your beer. :D :D