PDA

View Full Version : Tragic Family Loss

Her454
10-20-2004, 07:00 PM
I unfortunatly just found out this afternoon that my cousin lost his teenage son in a racecar accident this last weekend in NorCal. He and his wife are absolutely devastated, not to mention the rest of the family. He was a bright young kid who loved to race anything from dirt bikes to go carts to stock cars. It is a tragic and horrible loss and I would appreciate all your prayers for the family.
Traci

Mandelon
10-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news. :frown:

Jordy
10-20-2004, 07:02 PM
That sucks T. Sorry to hear it. :(

Mrs. casean
10-20-2004, 07:02 PM
You got it! I am sooo sorry to hear about this tragedy! Thoughts and prayers for your family! Take Care!

Mrs. Restless22
10-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Im sorry Traci :frown:
Prayers for the family and friends.

Mohavekid
10-20-2004, 07:05 PM
I read about this in the Sac Bee a few days ago. What a terrible shame. I cannot imagine the grief they are experiencing losing a promising 15 year old young man.
Many prayers to your cousin and the rest of the family.

switchin'addiction
10-20-2004, 07:09 PM
I am sorry to hear of your family's loss. I'm sure a lot of prayers will be coming from the HB peeps tonight!

Her454
10-20-2004, 07:13 PM
I read about this in the Sac Bee a few days ago. What a terrible shame. I cannot imagine the grief they are experiencing losing a promising 15 year old young man.
Many prayers to your cousin and the rest of the family.
Thank you everyone, and yes this is the accident. Do you happen to remember what day the article ran Mohavekid? Apparently there were several media discrepancies and I wanted to read it. I heard it on the news and didnt even realize it was a family member until today when I checked my phone messages as I've been sick and havent even had my phone turned on. :( The services are Saturday, it is so so sad.

Racer277
10-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Your family is in our prayers.
Sorry for your loss.
R277's

mike37
10-20-2004, 07:20 PM
from my family to yours
Prayers for you and your family and friends.

Boy Named Sue
10-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Her 454,
The Stockton 99 crash? I mourned and prayed once for him and I shall do so again. God bless you and his family. With a 1000 mx races that boy ran it hard and loved every minute of it.

Some Kind Of Monster
10-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Sounds like he died doing what he loved.
My thoughts and prayers go out as well.

bunny 166
10-20-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm so sorry for you and your family. I hope you find strength from your friends and family members...God Bless and take care.

Her454
10-20-2004, 07:41 PM
GOD BLESS.....................WE LOVE YOU
Racing community mourns death of popular driver's son in speedway crash
Tragic fatality only second in 58 years at Stockton track
By Bill Poindexter and Jason Williams
Record Staff Writer
Published Monday, October 18, 2004
STOCKTON -- The racing community mourned Sunday after learning about John Dexter Moore, the 15-year-old son of a popular Stockton 99 Speedway driver, who died Saturday after losing control of his 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo racer and crashing into a wall at the speedway.
The teenager was "just a superstar beyond his years," his father, Western Late Model division driver John Moore, said Sunday.
"There are thousands of people this is going to affect," Moore said in a sad, broken voice. He described his son, an honor-roll student and sophomore at Granite Bay High School, as "drug-free, bright-eyed and beautiful."
The younger Moore was a champion motocross racer who won titles throughout California and Texas, including several at Prairie City in Rancho Cordova. He was a veteran of more than 1,000 motorcycle races and picked up go-kart racing a couple of years ago.
The family rented the speedway for a testing session for Moore, who planned to compete in the Western Late Model class next year.
It was the second death in the 58-year history of Stockton 99 Speedway and the first in which a driver was behind the wheel when he was killed while on the quarter-mile track on Wilson Way.
Moore was driving a car his dad purchased from Eric Schmidt of Roseville, who dominated in the racer at Stockton 99 in 2003.
Phil Perry, a car builder and driver from Rocklin who competes occasionally at Stockton 99 and witnessed the accident, said Moore's car "got a little loose" as he drove out of turn four and into the front straightaway. Perry said the car "drifted sideways" but that Moore stayed on the throttle, "which is what you do." ::: Advertisement :::
The angle of the car then pointed toward the infield, and it appeared Moore let off the gas, "because the motor decelerated." Perry said the car "took off again, shot through the infield, straight through the grass and up the banking" into the wall between turns one and two.
He said the car went into the wall right-front-corner first but "pretty much straight in."
"It's just a bad, bad deal," said Perry, who said he wasn't doing "too good" and spoke softly when he talked about the youngster. "J.D. was a great kid."
Moore's parents and grandfather were at the speedway when the accident occurred, according to Nelida Stone, a spokeswoman for the San Joaquin County sheriff's office. The teenager's father and grandfather were burned pulling him from the wreckage, which caught on fire. The elder John Moore suffered burns on his face and arms, and the boy's grandfather was burned on his arms.
Race cars can reach up to 90 mph on the speedway's straightaway. Moore's speed could not be confirmed Sunday.
"It's the absolute worst tragedy for a father to lose his son," said Chris Hunefeld, the co-managing partner of the speedway. "We feel for his family, and it's absolutely just the worst thing that can happen for a father. ... His positive energy out at the speedway has been contagious, and for this to happen to the family is the most terrible thing that can happen."
The teenager's dad has become a fan favorite as a regular driver at Stockton 99. Moore finished third in points this season and scored his most recent main-event victory on Aug. 21. Moore also posted a career-best fifth-place finish in the NASCAR Grand National West Series race at the track on Aug. 14. Moore also has helped sponsor races at Stockton 99.
"I'm just devastated. John and I have become really good friends. I'm genuinely fond of him, so it hit twice as hard," Stockton 99 co-owner Ken Clapp said of the elder Moore.
Of Moore's son, Clapp said, "I can only say when I was his age, it was my passion, and all I wanted to do was race, and I understand."
Moore was strapped in with the required five-point harness, helmet and fire suit, witnesses said.
The only other death at the track occurred in September 1993.
Rene Bourgois, 34, of Modesto was killed and 21 people were injured when a car lost control and climbed the fence by the pits, where drivers and crew members stood and watched the races. Bourgois was a driver at the track but was watching that race. The car rode along the wall and ripped the chain-link fence, sliding along until it burst through the fence in front of the grandstand, according to press reports.

Ziggy
10-20-2004, 07:42 PM
So sad to hear Traci---Condolences to the entire family :(

Mrs.HLB
10-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Our thoughts & prayers to you & your family.

BarryMac
10-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Sorry Her454, your family is in our thoughts and prayers...
gjb

FMluvswater
10-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Oh wow, Her454. I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers for the diffficult times ahead.
~FM

Mandelon
10-20-2004, 07:55 PM
If you need consoling, I can come over.......
Man---->trying to cheer you up<----delon

Infomaniac
10-20-2004, 08:01 PM
I would appreciate all your prayers for the family.
Traci
You got em.

cc322
10-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Sorry to hear that

racecar.hotshoe
10-20-2004, 08:40 PM
I never get in my racecar with out kissing my wife and kids,And telling them I love them because you just never know! My thoughts and prayers for your family!I dont know how to say this but, We do this racing stuff because we love I for one hope that when I die its doing something I love...God speed,Mark

JetBoatRich
10-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Very sad news Tracy. I feel for you and your family :mad:
Prayers to your family and his close friends, this is never a easy thing to hear or read.
He was so youg to be taken from the earth racing at 15 years old.

DaveA
10-20-2004, 08:45 PM
To lose a son, a relative, a loved one is so very hard to swallow. Hope in John 5:28,29...
DaveA

Kim Hanson
10-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news, prayers are here girl........( . )( . )...... :frown:

FunOnTheWater
10-20-2004, 08:48 PM
wow, how sad 15 years young :eek: racing and having fun in life can not ask for much more :(
The Parents have to be hurting real bad over this

HCS
10-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Very sorry to here about your loss Traci. :(
Motor sport racing can take the best of them.
In memory of John Dexter Moore. :chi:

little rowe boat
10-20-2004, 09:01 PM
We are very sorry for your loss.Our prayers will be with you and your family.

gigamurph
10-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Godspeed to young John and our prayers for strength and healing to his family.

voodoomedman
10-20-2004, 09:53 PM
He's in a better place. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Tom Brown
10-20-2004, 10:10 PM
I'm sorry, Traci. :(

topless
10-20-2004, 10:22 PM
OMG Traci! I am so so sorry to hear this news. You can count on me to keep you and yours in my prayers. Since I share all the HB news at work, You can be rest assured that you all will be in their prayers too. :frown:

Her454
10-21-2004, 07:17 AM
Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate all the kind words and I will pass them on. Traci

Keithb87
10-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Thoughts and Prayers to you and yours ... :(

hoolign
10-21-2004, 07:39 AM
Very sorry to hear! losing someone is always hard, my condolences
Jeff.

syke-o
10-21-2004, 07:41 AM
its hard to think of the right thing to say in a time like this, so i will just say my thoughts are with you and your family.....

Havasu_Dreamin
10-21-2004, 07:43 AM
Sorry to hear about this Traci.

RP1
10-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Sorry for your families loss Traci. Our prayers are with you and yours.

THOR
10-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad news.

MsDrmr
10-21-2004, 07:56 AM
I am so sorry to hear that :frown: My prayers are with the family & friends

dicudmore
10-21-2004, 08:03 AM
sorry to hear it Traci :(

rvrtoy
10-21-2004, 08:08 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. My family is praying for you and your family.
Steve

Aqua Boogie1
10-21-2004, 08:13 AM
All prayers go out to you and your family............ :frown:

Midlife Advantage
10-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate all the kind words and I will pass them on. Traci
I'm not very good at this...
but my thoughts and prayers are with you. One thing I have learned in my old age is that something beautiful always remains after a loss, and although we might never know what it is, there is a reason for it that our creator believes is best for us.
I hope your family finds the reasons and comfort therein.
Tim :frown:

Ducatista
10-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news....hang in there. :frown:

Ms. AquaBoogie1
10-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Our prayers are with you and your family during these hard times...... :frown:

10-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Traci, I just now saw this. My most sincere condolences to the family and friends. Much too young to die. Everyone, be sure to tell your loved ones that you love them, it may be the last time.