PDA

View Full Version : WTF are people thinking???

Keithb87
10-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Here in AZ (Tempe, Mesa area) It does not rain much.. I just had an employee come into my office and tell me that it's sprinliking and her wipers do not work well.. I said " SO" .. She then had the balls to ask me if she could go home early....
WTF....
I should not show up for like a week and use the excuse that I needed to change the air in my tires or something..
SHEESEUS :burningm:

Her454
10-21-2004, 01:07 PM
thats desperate. :idea:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-21-2004, 01:08 PM
Did you let her go home early?

Keithb87
10-21-2004, 01:10 PM
She left.. She will get a write up.. and when it comes time for review instead of a raise, I'll give her new windshield wipers. :)

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
10-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Did you let her go home early?
Ihope not........that was a weak excuse!!!!!!!!!!!

JetBoatRich
10-21-2004, 01:11 PM
She left.. She will get a write up.. and when it comes time for review instead of a raise, I'll give her new windshield wipers. :)
That's the spirit :cool:

Magic34
10-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Here in AZ (Tempe, Mesa area) It does not rain much.. I just had an employee come into my office and tell me that it's sprinliking and her wipers do not work well.. I said " SO" .. She then had the balls to ask me if she could go home early....
WTF....
I should not show up for like a week and use the excuse that I needed to change the air in my tires or something..
SHEESEUS :burningm:
Send her home for the rest of the year.... Not raining at my house in Mesa.
Actually, tell her to stay at work until it stops raining.

dicudmore
10-21-2004, 01:16 PM
that's the spirit :D
You've obviously met my boss also :D

Keithb87
10-21-2004, 01:17 PM
She is real close to being replaced.. real soon.... I think she is having issues with her hubby's extracirruical (sp) activities.. But still a lame excuse.. :rolleyes:

rvrtoy
10-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Thats how to deal with that kind shitty employee. :hammerhea <since this is no longer tollerable. :D

topless
10-21-2004, 01:26 PM
I think I'll try that one on my boss.............. :mix:

Keithb87
10-21-2004, 01:27 PM
I think I'll try that one on my boss.............. :mix:
You are a HOTTIE !! You can probally get away with it..

topless
10-21-2004, 01:28 PM
You are a HOTTIE !! You can probally get away with it..
But it's not raining here anymore. I'll see if it works. :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
10-21-2004, 01:29 PM
That's nuts!

MsDrmr
10-21-2004, 01:32 PM
WHAT,,,,,,,people are supposed to think :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-21-2004, 01:33 PM
I am lucky cuz my boss is super cool. I just say "Hey, I am going to the river and want to leave" and my boss says "ok, have fun, drive carefully". I don't have to come up with lame excuses to get out of work. Ooooh, but we get some good ones here. I am the HR Coord. and I get quite a chuckle with some of the excuses people come up with.
Not saying your not a cool boss KeithB87 and that your employees feel the need to lie to you! :p
:mix:

Keithb87
10-21-2004, 01:45 PM
I let a lot of stuff slide... But I have used every escuse in the past and even come up with a few cool ones on my own...
If they are honest with me I'm honest with them, but when they have an excuse for at least once a week I get a little irritated.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-21-2004, 01:56 PM
I let a lot of stuff slide... But I have used every escuse in the past and even come up with a few cool ones on my own...
If they are honest with me I'm honest with them, but when they have an excuse for at least once a week I get a little irritated.
I promise I was in no way implying you were not a cool boss.
When you have used every excuse in the book, isn't it entertaining to hear theirs? It cracks me up.

Keithb87
10-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Yes, it is funny...
One excuse I used for being late once was that my Explorer was starting and stopping intermittenly. My boss came to the parking lot and wanted to try it himself. Of course I anticipated this so I pulled the starter relay from the relay box under the hood. :D It would not start for him either.
Later I snuk down and replaced it before lunch. So when he offered to drive me to lunch, I told him to try it for me. It started right up. :D Ran fine
Cant get much over on me...
I figure if they don't want to be here then let them go. But I have a very good memory when it comes time for reviews.

Misogynist
10-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Years ago... I hired a woman to chase parts for me... toward the end of her employment everytime I told her to go somewhere... she would complain about it... I told her... " It's your job...just do it... ".... the last time she complained about driving to Orange county to pick up some parts... her statement was " I'll go if you drive.... you know I don't like to drive... can't I just stay here and answer the phone?" I just walked over to my computer and pulled up her time sheet... wrote her out a final paycheck... and said... " Well... I'll only ask you to drive anywhere one more time.... you can drive home."............ :mad: I'm so tired of excuses why people can't do their job.... :220v:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-21-2004, 02:16 PM
I once had my secretary, who was sitting outside my office, call me while the big boss was in my office talking to me, and pretend to be my landlord and say there was a leak upstairs and my apt. downstairs got flooded. The boss totally bought it.
Someone here at my work now had been whining all morning about not wanting to be here and rigth after lunch she came to me and said she thinks she got food poisoning and now has spastic diarhea. I love it when they try to win an Oscar with the "sick" performance. The retarded part is our boss would be fine with it if you asked to leave early. As long as your work is done, no biggie.

topless
10-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Raul here at work (you know the dude with the tattoo on his forehead) misses at least 1 day a week and is late the other 4. The funniest excuse was that the only time he can get laid is in the morning after the kids go to school. :hammerhea

Keithb87
10-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Raul here at work (you know the dude with the tattoo on his forehead) misses at least 1 day a week and is late the other 4. The funniest excuse was that the only time he can get laid is in the morning after the kids go to school. :hammerhea
Tell him to have the wife ride to work with him and they can do it on the road... Then he won't be late.. :p

Her454
10-21-2004, 02:32 PM
ROTFLMAO................ :D

PHX ATC
10-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Give her 15 minutes to go to Autozone and purchase a new set of wipers.
Have her stay those 15 minutes after her shift with no OT, just to make up that time. :idea:

topless
10-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Damn! I just tried the windshield wiper excuse and my boss started laughing! Guess I'll just stay and post. ;)

Midlife Advantage
10-21-2004, 04:37 PM
I am lucky cuz my boss is super cool. I just say "Hey, I am going to the river and want to leave" and my boss says "ok, have fun, drive carefully". I don't have to come up with lame excuses to get out of work. Ooooh, but we get some good ones here. I am the HR Coord. and I get quite a chuckle with some of the excuses people come up with.
Not saying your not a cool boss KeithB87 and that your employees feel the need to lie to you! :p
:mix:
Here I go again, from the employer perspective, but the "cool boss" doesn't exist for the slacker, only for the good employee. when you have a guy or gal that just gits er dun, all the time, then they dont need stupid excuses to come in late, go home early or take a long lunch. Its fine, because you know they do their job when they are there. The ones that will lie to you dont last.
so there. :eat:

fourspeednup
10-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Yo keith...should I save you a wristband? :D :D
Halloween Party in Snottsdale (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61305)

WUTWZAT
10-21-2004, 06:51 PM
I called in "wet" the other morning but I was already in the parking lot and was spotted before I could leave. Besides, why fake sick if I can't take the boat out.
Jason

switchin'addiction
10-23-2004, 10:53 PM
She is real close to being replaced.. real soon.... I think she is having issues with her hubby's extracirruical (sp) activities.. But still a lame excuse.. :rolleyes:
Probably work a lot better if she would just shoot straight with you instead of trying to bull shit you. I think the new windshield wipers will get her attention though.