PDA

View Full Version : I need music suggestions.......

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-22-2004, 09:33 AM
I am so tired of the same ol' crap i've been listening to. the radio sucks, my disc collection is getting boring........
i like everything except country, hard core rap, and classical.
any suggestions?

racecar.hotshoe
10-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Anything by JOURNEY!

FMluvswater
10-22-2004, 09:42 AM
What stuff do you already have that you are sick of? No sense recommending something you're tired of. ;)

charlyox
Have you tried XM radio? There is a wide variety there.

RiverOtter
Velvet Revolver. Just bought it and love it. STP + GNR = It Rocks

bunny 166
10-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Cant get enough of Trust Company, A Perfect Circle, Story of the Year, and the new Green Day... :)

cdog
Check out slightly stoopid. Kinda like sublime but better.

jeepinscott
pro bot
another super band with a bunch of peeps from different bands.

RiverOtter
10-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Slither, just picked that one up too.

Forkin' Crazy
10-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Velvet Revolver. Just bought it and love it. STP + GNR = It Rocks
Yea, it rocks, but don't watch the video..... FREAKS!!!
How about David Allen Coe's X rated album? If you can find it. It's country, but funny as hell!!! :)

NOTALENT
10-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Check out slightly stoopid. Kinda like sublime but better.
F**K Yeah...bro..not too many people know about slightly stoopid..they freakin rock...wisemen, and sensimilla...are some songs..
Hip Hop: Murs, Cannibus, Big L, are a few of my favorites..
Bad company, Scorpions, Ac/dc, Skid Row, Ted Nugent, Def Leppord, Skynard, The Who,
Petey Pablo, LL COol J, Faboulous, Jay Z, Lloyd Banks, 50 Cent, Nina Sky, J-kwon,
good luck.

RiverOtter
10-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Yea, it rocks, but don't watch the video..... FREAKS!!!
How about David Allen Coe's X rated album? If you can find it. It's country, but funny as hell!!! :)
Videos????? :confused: I thought they quit playing those things :D

Some Kind Of Monster
10-22-2004, 10:12 AM
Metallica, Megadeth, STP, Alice in Chains, Velvet Revolver, Black Label Society, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Chimaira, Godsmack, Hendrix, Led Zep, Sevendust, and on and on and on

cdog
10-22-2004, 10:17 AM
F**K Yeah...bro..not too many people know about slightly stoopid..they freakin rock...wisemen, and sensimilla...are some songs..
Hip Hop: Murs, Cannibus, Big L, are a few of my favorites..
Bad company, Scorpions, Ac/dc, Skid Row, Ted Nugent, Def Leppord, Skynard, The Who,
Petey Pablo, LL COol J, Faboulous, Jay Z, Lloyd Banks, 50 Cent, Nina Sky, J-kwon,
good luck.
Sounds like we have simular music taste. Their's also Pepper and Too Rude.
I like some rap but won't give them any of my cash to pay for them platnuim grills. :D

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Metallica, Megadeth, STP, Alice in Chains, Velvet Revolver, Black Label Society, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Chimaira, Godsmack, Hendrix, Led Zep, Sevendust, and on and on and on
i am all over all of those......i need something new.
btw...metallica/godsmack on nov 27th!!! just got my tix!! :devil:

Slib77
10-22-2004, 10:19 AM
TOOL,DMB,APC,the new Chevelle, the new Greenday,new Social D,new Marylin Manson, Velvet Revolver, too many to list

cdog
10-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Go and buy Slightly Stoopid Album Everything you need. One of the best all time albums. Kinda like sumlime and Long beach dub but better and the whole album rocks. Look up their website I think you can sample their music. www.slightlystoopid.com

mirvin
10-22-2004, 10:38 AM
I would suggest you check out waxapples.com :D
mirvin :supp:

FMluvswater
10-22-2004, 10:44 AM
i am all over all of those......i need something new.
You might like some stuff from the following groups? :idea:
Tool, Brides Of Destruction, AFI, Bush, Isle Of Q, Finger Eleven, Chevelle, Saliva, Mudvayne, Smile Empty Soul, Trapt, Soundgarden, Three Days Grace, Collective Soul, Seether, Audioslave, Incubus, Vertical Horizon, Swollen Members ...
sometimes if you go retro it all sounds new cuz you're a different person than you were back then ... just another idea :)

cdog
10-22-2004, 10:51 AM
You might like some stuff from the following groups? :idea:
Tool, Brides Of Destruction, AFI, Bush, Isle Of Q, Finger Eleven, Chevelle, Saliva, Mudvayne, Smile Empty Soul, Trapt, Soundgarden, Three Days Grace, Collective Soul, Seether, Audioslave, Incubus, Vertical Horizon, Swollen Members ...
sometimes if you go retro it all sounds new cuz you're a different person than you were back then ... just another idea :)
The problem with all those bands is that they along with rage against the machine are on a constant play list on all of the local Ca radio stations. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

FMluvswater
10-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Do they play whole albums? Cuz sometimes the real gems are the songs that don't make it onto the radio for whatever reason. :idea:

NashvilleBound
10-22-2004, 10:56 AM
NickleBack (the one that starts with "I like it when you...")
Detroit Underground...pretty deep tho.

RiverOtter
10-22-2004, 10:58 AM
NickleBack (the one that starts with "I like it when you...")
Detroit Underground...pretty deep tho.
Hey Nashville!!! You a Conway Twitty fan yet :D :D

Tom Brown
10-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Hey RABB, time for some can-con.

Todd969
10-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Here's something a little less mainstream........ Dream Theater
It's progressive and very addictive. The song type constantly changes, like something hard to acoustic. Truely a musicians band.

NOTALENT
10-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Sounds like we have simular music taste. Their's also Pepper and Too Rude.
I like some rap but won't give them any of my cash to pay for them platnuim grills. :D
Yeah...sounds like we..do...although..this is just stuff for partying...I mainly listen to Hardcore, PUnk, Screamo..etc...like Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, The Bled, Embraced, In Flames, Anti Flag, Alexisonfire, Atreyu, Matchbook Romance, Story of the Year, Poison The Well, Zao...etc..

ChumpChange
10-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Thats why I just started listening to Talk Radio.

Waldo
10-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Lucinda Williams is great "night float/ride" music.
Or my favorite..."Dream Weaver" :D

Some Kind Of Monster
10-22-2004, 01:34 PM
It's going to be awhile before they come back to Phoenix..
This was the best show I had ever seen:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1683METALLICA.jpg