PDA

View Full Version : Cruise to Mexico Advice needed

nodigg
10-22-2004, 03:06 PM
We are leaving tommorrow for Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San lucas. Anyone have any good inside scoop for the good stuff? (First cruise for us). We are going with 3 other couples if it makes any differnece to your reccomendations. Thanks for any help. I'll check back tonight for input.

Kilrtoy
10-22-2004, 03:11 PM
When you buy beer buy it by the pale it will come in a pack of four at a time and will save you money, they wont tell you about this unless you ask.
Also get the drink special of the day , but tell them to keep the glass, that should also save about 3 bucks a drink
Eat the early dinner
Skip the first show and be ready for the repeat of the first , that way you get good seats and you will see the third show which is actually the 2 new show of the night. and keep your good seats.
In puerta vallarta there is a food spot right at the dock along the shops.
They have the best NACHOS anywhere and dollar beers.

GlastronGuy
10-22-2004, 03:19 PM
When you buy beer buy it by the pale ...
LOL
I am sure he will be pale the next morning.

jdogginla
10-22-2004, 03:24 PM
If you need to get away from the ladies for awhile.........Cabo has the best strip club in the world with the most amazing ladies. Mermaids! Oooohhhhhhh Yeahhh! Your dollar goes aloooonnng way :smile:

nodigg
10-22-2004, 04:15 PM
Thanks Miguel, good tips!
Hope I am not pale the first morning but you never know, we're all meeting in the bar Saturday!
And about getting away from the women, I think they will want to go with us to see the Mermaids! :cool: ! :rollside:

Dribble
10-22-2004, 04:28 PM
In Puerto Vallarta we went to Paradise Village Resort. The place was great with a great pool and beach. Mazatlan wasn't that great. We also went to a beach resort there. Since you don't have alot of time in Cabo we didn't sign up for any excursions. The food at El Squid Roe in Cabo was great and the food in the dining room on the ship was fantastic. A note of warning. A friend took the same cruise and some people went on a (non cruise sponsored) glass bottom boat tour in Cabo and a woman drowned when the boat capsized in heavy surf. Stick with the known stuff.
What Cruise line are you taking???

nodigg
10-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the input. We are going on Princess cruisies on a one year old/new ship for 7 days

RiverKitty
10-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Hey biatch....Don't drink the water!!!!!!
Ummm...ya, what he said!
And bring LOTS of mosquito repellant!!!

RiverKitty
10-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Come on RK...put it in your own words and call him a BIATCH! You can do it....lol
Did you notice I "revised" your words....so in essence, I did! :cool: :p

dc96819
10-22-2004, 05:33 PM
As for food all the good stuff is on the ship.Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San lucas is small,get in a taxi to show you around.Puerto Vallarta is a nice old town

Kilrtoy
10-22-2004, 05:48 PM
PRINCESS
I thought you were going on the party cruise CARNIVAL
Not the 80 and over cruise. You didnt look AARP age to me when we meet.... :) :) :)

nodigg
10-22-2004, 10:12 PM
PRINCESS
I thought you were going on the party cruise CARNIVAL
Not the 80 and over cruise. You didnt look AARP age to me when we meet.... :) :) :)
Thanks Miguel! Ya' know that Dillgaf is AARP president!

Danhercules
10-23-2004, 12:48 AM
BYOB!!!! ( if your cheep like me)
I have done the Mexico cruise to ensanada a bunch of times.
I bring a couple of 2 liter bottels of coke and a couple bottles of rum with a nice 72oz and pack it in you suitcase. I have done it a lot, you'r not supposed to, but slip the guy at the curb a 20 spot and tell him to bring your stuff straight to your room.
Bring Bloody Mary stuff too!!!! :idea:

Kilrtoy
10-23-2004, 04:49 PM
BYOB!!!! ( if your cheep like me)
I have done the Mexico cruise to ensanada a bunch of times.
I bring a couple of 2 liter bottels of coke and a couple bottles of rum with a nice 72oz and pack it in you suitcase. I have done it a lot, you'r not supposed to, but slip the guy at the curb a 20 spot and tell him to bring your stuff straight to your room.
Bring Bloody Mary stuff too!!!! :idea:
They are supposed to be really strict now, I was talking to a guy whole lost all this stuff. They tossed it out..... he got to his room and it was empty and they explained it to him....

IN2-IN2MX
10-23-2004, 04:55 PM
I've been on a few cruises and we've always snuck booze on. It's been a few years and I also heard that are getting stricter now. If you decide to chance it please wrap the bottles or put them in plastic bags in case they break. We had a bottle break in one of our girlfriend's bags and she was screwed.
Have fun with those Mermaids. :devil:

shueman
10-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Bingo on the ship is pretty kewl.....pound you favorite bev and relax, then head to dinner....we've won $200-$500 several times.
Senior Frog's in Mazatlan is a gotta do, if nothin' more than "yep, there it is...". There's also the American Rivera hotels with nice beaches and good food. Parasail if you brave. They launch from the beach and drop you back on the same beach......!! Try THAT with your boat...!!!
Definitely hire a taxi for the day if you want to tour the city/area. We had a group of 6 and the driver as cool; had him a nice, newer Suburban (a/c). Offer to buy him lunch; he'll take you to a good local eatery.
Vallarta's our favorite. Did the Chino (yep) Canyon Tour. A beautiful canyon with waterfalls, etc. good lunch. The Princess Hotel tour was a good one as well. Great pool, beach, lunch....
The Princess does a nice cruise; never been disappointed by the service or the food. Don't forget to go to the special "Midnight Buffet" to see the food carvings/creations...

HOOTER SLED-
10-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Hey No Digg you lucky SOB. Have fun man, be safe. If the ladies over there don't speak english, tell them you are their "Poppy Chulo". THat might work. :D