PDA

View Full Version : Hendrick Motorsport Plane Crash

voodooCanoe
10-24-2004, 01:32 PM
Just released on the news that a Hendrick plane crashed on landing and all seven aboard were killed. No names were released at this time. Does anyone have any info??? :confused: I hate hearing thing like this! God bless all involved.

OutCole'd
10-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Just released on the news that a Hendrick plane crashed on landing and all seven aboard were killed. No names were released at this time. Does anyone have any info??? :confused: I hate hearing thing like this! God bless all involved.
I just heard the same thing. I cant find anything about it on the net. Not good news. :confused:

voodooCanoe
10-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Not good new at all. Not that anyones life is more important than anothers, but I sure hope Gordon and Johnson were not on that plane!

Kilrtoy
10-24-2004, 01:44 PM
They were racing.
I Think it is either Johnsons parents or his girlfriend.......THIS IS ONLY SPECULATION

99 232 baja
10-24-2004, 01:45 PM
there is info on fox sport

jbtrailerjim
10-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Not good new at all. Not that anyones life is more important than anothers, but I sure hope Gordon and Johnson were not on that plane!
You don't have to worry about them. Johnson won the race and Gordon finished 9th. Sad news though. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family members of the people that where on the plane.

LiquidQtrMile
10-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Here is the latest...tragic news.
Report of plane crash near Bull Mountain
Radio traffic indicates a plane crash occurred around 11:45am this morning in the Stuart, Patrick Springs, Bull Mountain area.
Sketchy information at this hour indicates the plane was headed to the Blue Ridge Airport in Spencer and with six occupants including the pilot.
Helicopters are now flying over the area trying to find the downed aircraft. We have just learned one of the racing team helicopters has now joined in the search.
Update 1 - 2:51pm: A helicopter has located the signal of the emergency locating transmitter of the downed aircraft, but due to extreme fog, they are unable to see the plane.
Update 2 - 2:52pm: State Police have determined the coordinates and are dispatching four-wheelers to the scene.
Update 3 - 2:53pm: A break in the fog has allowed the helicopter crew to get a visual on the crash scene. They report "there does not appear to be any survivors."
Update 4 - 3:30pm: Unconfirmed... the plane is alleged to be owned by Hendrick Motorsports and was headed to Martinsville for today's race.
Update 5 - 3:40pm: Fire and rescue have been advised to seal the entire area off to all media.
Update 6 - 5:13pm: The FFA and the NTSB has confirmed the downed plane was owned by Hendrick Motorsports and took off from Concord, NC. Officials have confirmed everyone onboard was killed, but no names have been released.
Update 7 - 5:23pm: We have received a partial list of the deceased. They are: Ricky Hendrick, John Hendrick, Kimberly Hendrick, Jennifer Hendrick, Len Morrison, and Scott Latham. Again, this is a partial list and remains unconfirmed, although the source of the information comes from the Martinsville Speedway.
We'll have further updates regarding this story as it becomes available. (10/24/04)

voodooCanoe
10-24-2004, 01:52 PM
I didn't know if it was before or after the race. Thay made it sound like it was last minute news. Like I said either way, no good. :frown:

Kilrtoy
10-24-2004, 01:54 PM
That is his dad and brother, the whole damn family.
THAT SUCKS

LiquidQtrMile
10-24-2004, 01:57 PM
THAT SUCKS
I believe it is his son and brother, along with his daughter and/or daughter in law.

Rod-64
10-24-2004, 02:07 PM
MARTINSVILLE, Va. -- A plane carrying members of the Hendrick Motorsports organization crashed Sunday afternoon on its way to NASCAR's Nextel Cup race at Martinsville Speedway, NASCAR officials confirmed.
Rick Hendrick, founder and owner of Hendrick Racing, was not on the plane. NBC 6 News TV in Charlotte, N.C., reported that John Hendrick, Ricky Hendrick and engine builder Randy Dorton were on the airplane. John Hendrick is team owner Rick Hendrick's brother, while Ricky Hendrick is the owner's son. Dorton is the organization's chief engine builder.
Rick Hendrick owns the teams of Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Terry Labonte and Brian Vickers in the Nextel Cup Series.
Johnson won Sunday's Subway 500, his second straight Cup victory, but did not participate in any victory lane celebrations or interviews. His teammate Gordon did not meet with the media, either.
NASCAR has spoken with team owner Rick Hendrick, Hunter said, but he added that no other details about who was on the plane, where it disappeared or what may have preceded the loss of contact were immediately available.
"We're working very closely with members of the Hendrick organization,'' Hunter said. "We're just saying extra prayers right now.''
NASCAR learned of the plane's disappearance during the race and withheld the information from the Hendrick drivers until afterward, Hunter said. All the Hendrick drivers were summoned to the NASCAR hauler immediately after the race and Johnson was excused from victory lane.

BarryMac
10-24-2004, 02:28 PM
That sucks, hate too hear the news, our thoughts and prayers with all of the Hendrick Motorsport Team...

Daytona 25
10-24-2004, 05:44 PM
My thoughts go out to the Hendrick family.

switchin'addiction
10-24-2004, 08:44 PM
THAT SUCKS
Sad, very sad.

moneysucker
10-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Thoughts and Prayers to all involved.

Wakker
10-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Rick Hendrick lost his dad in July. The plane crash took his son, brother, two nieces, a team manager, head engine builder and a couple others including the pilots...

hugh jascock
10-24-2004, 10:18 PM
i can only pray that those involved find peace in the aftermath of this terrible tragedy. :frown: :frown: :frown:

welk2party
10-25-2004, 07:10 AM
Not good. Sad. :frown:

racecar.hotshoe
10-25-2004, 07:18 AM
Rick Hendrick lost his dad in July. The plane crash took his son, brother, two nieces, a team manager, head engine builder and a couple others including the pilots...
He also went threw a bout with cancer.And a big IRS deal,He must be a very stong person.Our hearts and prayers go out to all the familys.

scarabrick2
10-25-2004, 10:54 AM
What a tragic loss. I just had Dinner last Sunday with the Head engine builder Randy his wife and a VP with Nascar. He and his lovely wife were great. We're still thinking how it could happen to us also at any time. Randy was with hendrick for over twenty years. He was in charge of all engine related devolpment and also R/D with GM.
Besides being one of the top 5 people in the organization he was a down to earth great guy. Sat there drank wine and talked about BOATS/Motors for over a hour. He did all the boat motors for hendrick and dialed them in on his resent Skater. Man this is so wierd.
I hope his wife will be ok
GOD SPEED
Rick

scarabrick2
10-26-2004, 09:01 AM
ttt