PDA

View Full Version : Ashlee Simpson on SNL vid.

HCS
10-25-2004, 08:52 AM
HERE (http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv)
It may take a second for the vid to link.
She pulled a Milli Vanilli.
One time when I saw ZZtop the lead guitar player was
holding his arms up in the air and his guitar was still playing. :messedup:

HCS
10-25-2004, 08:57 AM
Here's more links if that doesn't work.
HERE (http://video.bmj.net/busted/)

Red Eye
10-25-2004, 09:13 AM
That would be pretty damn embarrasing to have that happen. She's supposed to sing live tonight at some awards show in Vegas.

Slib77
10-25-2004, 09:15 AM
I can't stand her.

Danhercules
10-25-2004, 09:17 AM
That would be pretty damn embarrasing to have that happen. She's supposed to sing live tonight at some awards show in Vegas.
Sure she is. The tape will be live!!! LOL

Rexone
10-25-2004, 09:28 AM
I've always wondered what the reasoning is behind an artist lipsinking. Doesn't make sense to me. Seems like it would be harder making sure you match the tape than just singing the damn thing live. I just don't get it.
Unless of course you have zero talent as a singer and can't sing worth a shit without studio enhancement. :redface:

Huckleberry
10-25-2004, 09:44 AM
I saw this on the news this AM and thought it was funny as hell. She is sooo busted!

waterwitch
10-25-2004, 09:44 AM
thanks for posting that!
Did you hear her on the MTV awards?
After hearing that performance I can see
why she would want to lipsync.
At least the band knows how to play!
If you look close, you can see they are
smiling to eachother. :hammerhea

HCS
10-25-2004, 10:12 AM
I've always wondered what the reasoning is behind an artist lipsinking. Doesn't make sense to me. Seems like it would be harder making sure you match the tape than just singing the damn thing live. I just don't get it.
Unless of course you have zero talent as a singer and can't sing worth a shit without studio enhancement. :redface:
She's still denying that she lip syncs. :notam:
Besides the ZZtop ordeal, I saw Plant and Page a few years back. I thought the show was great. Led Zep reunion.
Then the next day I here on the radio that Robert Plant was unable to hit
certain notes anymore, so they had a fill in back stage to cover him.
They also said that Jimmy page was unable to play some of his older guitar
riffs so they did the samething, they had a back up guitar player back stage to cover for him.
The question the radio station asked people is, if it made any difference
now that you know that?
The show was excellant and they did a great gig. But I thought WTF.
Which songs were they really playing? Kinda felt ripped off. :crossx:

bigd1
10-25-2004, 10:54 AM
HAHAHA!!! You can see the band members laughing at each other about it. Then she comes out and denies what everybody just saw. What a stupid little bitch.

MudPumper
10-25-2004, 11:11 AM
She needs to leave the singing to her piece of ass sister. At least the band kept going, she just ran off stage like an idiot instead of trying to pick up the pieces like any real performer would have done. :squiggle: :D

JustMVG
10-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Most of the artists use the in ear headphones while they perform now, so they can perform the song "live" and so it sounds more like the album, thats bs do it the old fashion way, play the damn song "LIVE" mistakes and all, Jimmy Page was at his best live, improvising and just going off, all the new technology has made me want to go to less and less concerts. Ahhh the good ole days when Live WAS Live.... MikeVG

MAINEVENT
10-25-2004, 12:08 PM
Nice band now they need a LEAD SINGER :hammerhea :hammerhea :crossx:

eliminatedsprinter
10-25-2004, 12:20 PM
HAHAHA!!! You can see the band members laughing at each other about it. Then she comes out and denies what everybody just saw. What a stupid little bitch.
Worse than that, she came out and tried to blame it on the band. Said they played the wrong song. But who cares, she's just a silly little kiddie pop act, just like her sister, and Britney S. etc. After all, when I was a little kid we all knew that Bobby Sherman, The Partriage family, and the Defranco family, etc were lip syncing most of the time....

ratso
10-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Worse than that, she came out and tried to blame it on the band. Said they played the wrong song. But who cares, she's just a silly little kiddie pop band, just like her sister, and Britney S. etc. After all when I was a little kid we all knew that Bobby Sherman, The Partriage family, and the Defranco family etc were lip syncing most of the time....
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

HCS
10-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Most of the artists use the in ear headphones while they perform now, so they can perform the song "live" and so it sounds more like the album, thats bs do it the old fashion way, play the damn song "LIVE" mistakes and all, Jimmy Page was at his best live, improvising and just going off, all the new technology has made me want to go to less and less concerts. Ahhh the good ole days when Live WAS Live.... MikeVG
They say it's real common for Broadway shows to have someone
behind the curtain doing all the singing,
then the Broadway star pretends it's them doing the singing.
But when rock bands and so on start doing that stuff, I agree, I'll quit going.
Especially when tickets run close to $100.00.

Brewzed
10-25-2004, 01:03 PM
funniest snl I've seen since Eddie Murphy left :)

X-driver
10-25-2004, 01:26 PM
I think Ashley's sister got all the good looks in the family! I don't like her kind of music, but Jessica Simpson has one hot body!!!!!!!!

HCS
10-25-2004, 02:47 PM
They just played a clip of her singing live on the radio. :eek: :eek: :eek:
No wander she lip syncs.
I might have to watch the American music awards tonight just for the laugh.

GlastronGuy
10-25-2004, 03:37 PM
It's OK. She's going to get rid of all the videos of the slip up. :rolleyes: (http://www.ashleesimpsonmusic.com/Community/Topic.asp?assetid=942584&artistname=Ashlee%20Simpson&artistid=488&title=How+do+I+get+rid+of+all+those+videos%2E)

HCS
10-25-2004, 03:41 PM
It's OK. She's going to get rid of all the videos of the slip up. :rolleyes: (http://www.ashleesimpsonmusic.com/Community/Topic.asp?assetid=942584&artistname=Ashlee%20Simpson&artistid=488&title=How+do+I+get+rid+of+all+those+videos%2E)
Half those links didn't work this morning. :crossx:

Jordy
10-25-2004, 04:03 PM
There's some funny shit in there... :D

RiverKitty
10-25-2004, 04:27 PM
Was she doing an Irish Jig or what was that??? :confused:
And then she vacates!!!! :mad:
I think the band members took it pretty good, started laughing and continued playing.

rmylek
10-25-2004, 04:32 PM
You gotta remember a lot of these bands can not play live. I used to work in small clubs with papa roach before they were signed. There album was awsome. but listen to them live they sucked.

Slib77
10-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Those people in that forum cracked me the f up :rollside:

RiverKitty
10-25-2004, 04:57 PM
The record company just reported, "It was a computer glitch". :confused: :rolleyes:

Mandelon
10-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Just to be nice, maybe she was supposed to be hearing that track in her earpiece and someone screwed up by sending out the speakers........the band started a measure or two late and it threw everything off.
Man---->always nice to the ladies<------delon.. :wink:
I liked this post:
Leave her alone guys
10/25/2004 4:03:33 PM - by . Jessica Simpson
Hey you guys, quit being so mean to my sister. She is really trying hard to be an individual. She does her best you know? Some of you are just being so mean. Others have given links to some very disturbing images. I don't think Ashlee would appreciate that.
It was a simple accident. If she had known they turned the mic on after the mess up, she surely would have just sucked it up and sang live. But she didn't know, how could she have possibly realized she had a live mic in her hand. I mean really, how often does that happen?
Just stop being mean to her please. She is doing the best she can. Do it for me, the talented sister.
Thanks.

RiverKitty
10-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Mandy,
I'm sure that could be the case....but walking off stage??? :confused:
That was pretty lame. Stay and "Face the Music"....so to speak! ;)

Mandelon
10-25-2004, 05:10 PM
She was pretty lost, didn't start on time and didn't know how to get back into the lyrics. Hell, I don't know, I am just making excuses for her. :confused:
She obviously isn't that great of a singer nor have a bunch of experience on stage. Whatever. She sucks. :D
Man--->used to play bass in a band, but does not have a famous family member's coattails to ride<-------delon

Slib77
10-25-2004, 05:12 PM
I like how she blamed the band. Dumb bitch!!! They are the only talented ones in the group.

XtrmWakeborder
10-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Riverkitty i think shes going to quit the singing and join the river dance team lol

mbrown2
10-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Dancing an Irish jig....well, I guess coattails don't save you all the time...I luv it..

Slib77
10-25-2004, 07:06 PM
I read on mtv.com that she had acid reflux, and that is why she did not plan on singing live. Whatever. But everything is good now because she got a cortisone shot in her lower back and all of a sudden her voice is back. This is too funny.

X-driver
10-25-2004, 07:08 PM
No matter what.......her sister has a nice bod!