>
>This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive It came from one
>of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your
>consideration.
>
>Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to
>hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might
>go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We
>need to take some intelligent, united action.
>
>Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes
>MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain
>day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
>
>The oil companies just laughed at that because they
>knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by
>refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience
>to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever
>thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can
>really work. Please read on and join with us!
>
>By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at
>about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently
>$2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the
>oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us
>to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at
>$1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to
>teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not
>sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each
>day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we
>are going to see the price of gas come down is
>if we
>hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their
>gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
>How?
>
>Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop
>buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if
>we all act together to force a price war.
>
>Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T
>purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies
>(which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not
>selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their
>prices. If they reduce their prices, the other
>companies will have to follow suit. But to have an
>impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon
>and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now,
>don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and
>I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
>
>I am sending this note to
>30 people. If each of us
>send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and
>those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =
>3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches
>the sixth group of people, we will have reached over
>THREE MILLION consumers.
>
>If those three million get excited and pass this on to
>ten friends each, then 30 million people will have
>been contacted! If it goes one level further, you
>guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
>
>Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.
>That's all! (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million
>and all you have to do is send this to 10 people....
>Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician.
>But I am . so trust me on this one.) :-)
>
>How long would all that take? If each of us sends
>this e-mail out to ten more people within
>one day of
>receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
>contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you
>didn't think you and I had that much potential, did
>you! Acting together we can make a difference.
>
>If this makes sense to you, please pass this message
>on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL
>THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP
>THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
>
>Kerry Lyle, Director, Research Coordinator

Orange Gasm
04-14-2006, 11:04 AM
I have said this along time ago, but no one seemed to listen. I have worked in the petro industry for many years. This price increase that we have seen in the past few months has no reason for it. There is no refinery down, nothing, nothing, nothing. It is just plane fleacing of America and F-ing you out of your money.

boater012
04-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Its easy for me to do this Ilaready dont buy from them they are .10 higher than anybody elsewhere i live.

NOTALENT
04-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Im in...I never buy from them either way... :crossx:

wright27
04-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Not to be negative, but I got this e-mail about 5 months ago. I still to this day have not bought from exxon, mobile. So far no change in price for the better. It will work, but everyone needs to do it.

victorfb
04-14-2006, 11:37 AM
are Exxon/Mobil stations indipendantly owned? ive heard about and read about this tactic before and thought it was something to consider. but not before researching all the pro's and con's.

Kachina26
04-14-2006, 11:39 AM
I've done my part!
This might be worth a try and it certainly won't hurt to test out this
>theory:
>
>
>GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work
>
>This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive It came from one
>of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your
>consideration.
>
>Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to
>hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might
>go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We
>need to take some intelligent, united action.
>
>Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes
>MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain
>day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
>
>The oil companies just laughed at that because they
>knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by
>refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience
>to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever
>thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can
>really work. Please read on and join with us!
>
>By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at
>about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently
>$2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the
>oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us
>to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at
>$1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to
>teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not
>sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each
>day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we
>are going to see the price of gas come down is
>if we
>hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their
>gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
>How?
>
>Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop
>buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if
>we all act together to force a price war.
>
>Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T
>purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies
>(which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not
>selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their
>prices. If they reduce their prices, the other
>companies will have to follow suit. But to have an
>impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon
>and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now,
>don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and
>I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
>
>I am sending this note to
>30 people. If each of us
>send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and
>those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =
>3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches
>the sixth group of people, we will have reached over
>THREE MILLION consumers.
>
>If those three million get excited and pass this on to
>ten friends each, then 30 million people will have
>been contacted! If it goes one level further, you
>guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
>
>Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.
>That's all! (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million
>and all you have to do is send this to 10 people....
>Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician.
>But I am . so trust me on this one.) :-)
>
>How long would all that take? If each of us sends
>this e-mail out to ten more people within
>one day of
>receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
>contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you
>didn't think you and I had that much potential, did
>you! Acting together we can make a difference.
>
>If this makes sense to you, please pass this message
>on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL
>THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP
>THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
>
>Kerry Lyle, Director, Research Coordinator

victorfb
04-14-2006, 11:41 AM
I have said this along time ago, but no one seemed to listen. I have worked in the petro industry for many years. This price increase that we have seen in the past few months has no reason for it. There is no refinery down, nothing, nothing, nothing. It is just plane fleacing of America and F-ing you out of your money.
since you have worked in the industry, can you explain to me why diesel prices have basically doubled? isnt diesel a less refined product made from the waste of refined gasoline? when gas prices raise 10 cents the media and the people start screaming. when diesel prices raise $1.00 nobody seems to care. i never hear anything on the radio, see anything on the news, what gives? did the oil companies just find a way to increase profits and not get called on it?

91nordic29
04-14-2006, 11:55 AM
since you have worked in the industry, can you explain to me why diesel prices have basically doubled? isnt diesel a less refined product made from the waste of refined gasoline? when gas prices raise 10 cents the media and the people start screaming. when diesel prices raise $1.00 nobody seems to care. i never hear anything on the radio, see anything on the news, what gives? did the oil companies just find a way to increase profits and not get called on it?
i have been wondering the same thing!

OrangePicker
04-14-2006, 12:05 PM
What the hell its worth a try :)

Havasu Cig
04-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Most stations are owned by people other than the oil companies. I own 76 stations so I could care less if people boycott Exxon Mobil, but it won't make a difference. The oil companies that drill and refine their own product sell to more than just their branded stations. It may not have the specific additives required by their branded stations, but they are still selling gas on the market without the additional additves. Just fyi...

Jrocket
04-14-2006, 01:09 PM
What the hell its worth a try :)
Does that mean the price of orange's will be coming down as well? :p

mickeyfinn
04-14-2006, 01:10 PM
You have got to be kidding. No way this will cause the price of gas to drop a large amount. All this would do would be cause the price of gas to go further up. All of the Refineries in this country are running between 80 and 95 percent. If we all switch to non exxon gas it will cause the refineries owned by everyone else to go to 100 percent. This in itself will cause prices to go up. Now that prices are up due to demand the others will not keep up because no one is buying less, they are just not buying from exxon. So the others will just be forced to buy from exxon at the wholesale level as they will be the only ones with gas to fill the void. Even if this would work you would never get enough people to participate, for the same reason we only have small percentage turnout at the voting booth. Everyone assumes that their small contribution doesn't matter, and since I'm in a hurry and don't want to wait, I'll sneak over to the exxon and get a tank. There is only one way if you want the price of gas to drop, REDUCE overall demand. This might be from consolidating trips to the store, carpooling to work or by using an alternative fuel source. This will help to reduce the cost, but will ultimately be only slightly effective. The price of oil is up for good period. There are a lot of things fighting for oil in their production process, making gas is one of many uses. Alternative fuels such as alcohol will have the largest affect on pricing since it is a permanent reduction in demand. Anything temporary will eventually fall by the wayside as we get further conditioned about what is CHEAP.

OrangePicker
04-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Does that mean the price of orange's will be coming down as well? :p
We are already giving them away maybe we can make gas out of Oranges!!!!!!!

victorfb
04-14-2006, 01:30 PM
You have got to be kidding. No way this will cause the price of gas to drop a large amount. All this would do would be cause the price of gas to go further up. All of the Refineries in this country are running between 80 and 95 percent. If we all switch to non exxon gas it will cause the refineries owned by everyone else to go to 100 percent. This in itself will cause prices to go up. Now that prices are up due to demand the others will not keep up because no one is buying less, they are just not buying from exxon. So the others will just be forced to buy from exxon at the wholesale level as they will be the only ones with gas to fill the void. Even if this would work you would never get enough people to participate, for the same reason we only have small percentage turnout at the voting booth. Everyone assumes that their small contribution doesn't matter, and since I'm in a hurry and don't want to wait, I'll sneak over to the exxon and get a tank. There is only one way if you want the price of gas to drop, REDUCE overall demand. This might be from consolidating trips to the store, carpooling to work or by using an alternative fuel source. This will help to reduce the cost, but will ultimately be only slightly effective. The price of oil is up for good period. There are a lot of things fighting for oil in their production process, making gas is one of many uses. Alternative fuels such as alcohol will have the largest affect on pricing since it is a permanent reduction in demand. Anything temporary will eventually fall by the wayside as we get further conditioned about what is CHEAP.
i can understand all that. makes sense. still doesnt explain the high cost of diesel though. for decades diesel was almost half the price of premium gasoline. now it more than premium gasoline. no way in hell has demand increased that much. and if gasoline is being refined, wouldnt that mean diesel is being made from its by product? im just learning here so dont attack me. i just have these questions that nobody seems to have a REAL answer for. guesses, educated guesses, but no definate, able to prove answer.

BRAWNY
04-14-2006, 02:12 PM
{[i can understand all that. makes sense. still doesnt explain the high cost of diesel though. for decades diesel was almost half the price of premium gasoline. now it more than premium gasoline. no way in hell has demand increased that much. and if gasoline is being refined, wouldnt that mean diesel is being made from its by product? im just learning here so dont attack me. i just have these questions that nobody seems to have a REAL answer for. guesses, educated guesses, but no definate, able to prove answer.}
well 1 good reason is profit is alot greater.when a semi pulls in to fuel up,its 200 gal's + compared to a car thats 1/10th of that.the oil co's know that diesel will sell at any given amount cause truck co's have got to move their products.

Dribble
04-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Not this one again. IT WONT WORK!!!!
In 2004, the price of crude oil averaged $36.97 per barrel, and crude oil accounted for about 47% of the cost of a gallon of regular grade gasoline. In comparison, the average price for crude oil in 2003 was $28.50 per barrel, and it composed 44% of the cost of a gallon of regular gasoline. The share of the retail price of regular grade gasoline that crude oil costs represent varies somewhat over time and among regions.
Refining costs and profits comprise about 18% of the retail price of gasoline. This component varies from region to region due to the different formulations required in different parts of the country.

victorfb
04-14-2006, 02:39 PM
{[i can understand all that. makes sense. still doesnt explain the high cost of diesel though. for decades diesel was almost half the price of premium gasoline. now it more than premium gasoline. no way in hell has demand increased that much. and if gasoline is being refined, wouldnt that mean diesel is being made from its by product? im just learning here so dont attack me. i just have these questions that nobody seems to have a REAL answer for. guesses, educated guesses, but no definate, able to prove answer.}
well 1 good reason is profit is alot greater.when a semi pulls in to fuel up,its 200 gal's + compared to a car thats 1/10th of that.the oil co's know that diesel will sell at any given amount cause truck co's have got to move their products.
so what your saying is basically there is no real reason why diesel is so expensive except for the fact that the oil companies are just charging more knowing we will pay. why is this so differant than when gas prices increase? everyone and every network news station is all over it when its gasoline. why not diesel?

jbtrailerjim
04-14-2006, 02:57 PM
There is only one way if you want the price of gas to drop, REDUCE overall demand.
IMO, this is the only right answer I have read. It's all about supply and demand. As long as the demand is high, we will continue to pay out the ass for fuel.
I read an article the other day that gas consumption is up 9.2% compared to last year.
I know I am more conscientious about how much I drive.

soupersonic
04-14-2006, 04:15 PM
so what your saying is basically there is no real reason why diesel is so expensive except for the fact that the oil companies are just charging more knowing we will pay. why is this so differant than when gas prices increase? everyone and every network news station is all over it when its gasoline. why not diesel?
The government and the EPA get together to reduce the particulates emitted by diesel engines and they have to refine the sulpher out of it even further than before . Its happening again in 2007. Its all about emissions.Its on the grapevine that the newer diesels will have the expensive particulate trap in the exhaust system.Also ask how many traded in their gasser for an oil burned lately. Everywhere i look i see so many diesels, seems like they are becoming more popular,they are more economic and more powerful therefore more people are converting to them.You can do alot of things to save fuel, this might sound wierd but you can use your waste oil in your gas tank, strain it and put a few quarts in each fill up.Wont hurt your diesel one bit.Also slow the heck down, i know if i slow down to around 2000 - 2100 RPM i can get almost 20 MPG.Also, im a firm believer in BIO diesel.There are kits online to actually make it your self at home in your garage from waste fry oil,the farmers have been doing this for years, but check and see what the manufacturer recommends to run your truck on. Most will only recommend a 5% mix but many have had great sucess with 20% or more. I think we should all run on biodiesel and it smells like french fries :)

victorfb
04-14-2006, 05:57 PM
ok now were talkin. so the diesel needs to be refined more. that would explain a cost increase. cool to know, sucks for us diesel users. i have heard of the bio diesel made from used cooking oils and such, but why not used motor oils? seems like that would be even better. a petrolium product, somewhat refined allready. just filter it and make diesel fuel. can it be done? and can it be done at home like the bio deisel? oh and the comment of slowing down is an understatement. probably the best advise given. ive noticed a huge increase in mileage when slowing even from 65mph to 60mph. as a matter of fact i rarely look at the speedo any more as i just glance at the tach and try to keep it 2000rpm or below. (04- F550). thanks for the info.

*BN*
04-14-2006, 07:13 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1841989&page=1

uvindex
04-14-2006, 07:22 PM
SNOPES (http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp) :boxed:

soupersonic
04-14-2006, 07:58 PM
ok now were talkin. so the diesel needs to be refined more. that would explain a cost increase. cool to know, sucks for us diesel users. i have heard of the bio diesel made from used cooking oils and such, but why not used motor oils? seems like that would be even better. a petrolium product, somewhat refined allready. just filter it and make diesel fuel. can it be done? and can it be done at home like the bio deisel?
I have never heard of it being made from used motor oil. Personally i would like to see alot more diesel vehicles,convert our refineries to make the bio and then have the US farmers growing the soy or w/e to make the biofuel and keep all OUR people employed and our money in the US, not sending it Iraq or any other 3rd world country.

Backtanner
04-15-2006, 04:19 AM
I'm wondering if I can hedge my fuel purchases like Southwest Airlines does? Getting locked in at the current rate no matter how high the price goes sounds pretty good right about now!

TCHB
04-15-2006, 05:07 AM
Fuel prices are driven up by market traders. If you took the traders out I bet the fuel would drop 20% the first week.

Orange Gasm
04-15-2006, 07:59 AM
Wait till towards the first of the year. The diesel is going to be refined more to get more sulfur out of it. It will be going to 15 parts per mil. Chevron has already said there will be alot of seal/o-ring problems. And the price no telling how high it will go, but hold on to you shorts.