PDA

View Full Version : what vinyl records do you still have?

NorCal Gameshow
10-26-2004, 07:34 AM
syke-o's thread made me break open the small stash of LP's i have ...
the first few ( couple more than few :wink: ) i pulled out were:
B-52's -MESOPOTAMIA
B-52'S -PARTY MIX
RODNEY ON THE ROQ -VOLUME 2
DEEP PURPLE -MADE IN EUROPE
THE CLASH -*COMBAT ROCK*
STYX PARADISE THEATER :confused: must've been the wifes :wink:

Phat Matt
10-26-2004, 07:55 AM
I still buy new ones every month!

572Daytona
10-26-2004, 07:57 AM
I still have my collection, mostly heavy metal. I've got the Motorhead No Remorse album with the leather cover. :cool:

superdave013
10-26-2004, 08:09 AM
I have every one I ever bought!

Lightning
10-26-2004, 08:19 AM
I have some old vinyl that I break out once in a while.
RUN DMC
BEASTIE BOYS
U2 - JOSHUA TREE
LOT'S OF DOORS, BEATLES, RAY CHARLES
IRON MAIDEN
BON JOVI, CINDERELLA, ETC...

HOOTER SLED-
10-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Man I kick myself for all the ones I got rid of. :cry:

HCS
10-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Big Boys
Dead Milkman
Jeff Beck
Pet Townsen
I think that's all I have left. Tossed or sold all the rest.
Now my big brother has 100's. :jawdrop:

Rev. Williams
10-26-2004, 08:38 AM
I've kinda taken over 8 or 9 milk crates full of records!!! All early 90's DJ style stuff.
Anyone intrested in trading or buying ?????? :D :D

spectras only
10-26-2004, 08:48 AM
Have about 500 from the 40's to the 90's. The oldest record is a Caruso by RCA from the 20's. Have a limited edition "Peter Frampton live" single , any idea of value ?

STV_Keith
10-26-2004, 08:54 AM
Hell, CD's came out when I was like 11, about the time I started to collect that stuff. I've got a few, but not much.
Do have a Bruce Springsteen and the E-street band 5-record box set...never been played. :wink:

billet racing
10-26-2004, 08:59 AM
Have too many to list. Still play them. Also have an old Victrola, still play that also. some nice classics other than music. Old radio shows, Amos & Andy. I'm not that old, but still love the old rock and roll mostly.

Boatcop
10-26-2004, 11:42 AM
All of them! :D
I've got a copy of Ina-Gadda-Davida still sealed in the original cellophane.
I've got a few hundred albums, mostly 60's and '70s rock. The majority of them have only been played once. I made it a habit to record my new albums directly to cassette, and then store them away.
A few I can remember off-hand:
Sgt. Pepper
The White Album
Eat a Peach
Pet Sounds
Leo Sayer (the wife's)
Frampton Comes Alive
Everything Steely Dan ever recorded.

MagicMtnDan
10-26-2004, 11:54 AM
I've got about 300 vinyl LPs (finally a topic about music that we can correctly use the word, "record") - mostly "classic rock" like Led Zeppelin, Yes, The Who, The Stones, Slade, Thin Lizzy, Beatles, Nils Lofgren, Steve Winwood, Traffic, etc.
Problem is when I turn the music up my Klipsch LaScala speakers and Luxman amp make the music so loud that the turntable vibrates and makes the stylus skip on the record :D

LHC30Victory
10-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Pushin' about 400+/-
Cheech and Chong's Big Bamboo WITH the rolling paper still intact,
Rare Earth in concert
Peter Frampton - Frampton comes alive
ALL of Bill Cosby's early works
Kansas
Fleetwood Mac
on and on and on

HCS
10-26-2004, 12:16 PM
All of them! :D
I've got a copy of Ina-Gadda-Davida still sealed in the original cellophane.
I've got a few hundred albums, mostly 60's and '70s rock. The majority of them have only been played once. I made it a habit to record my new albums directly to cassette, and then store them away.
A few I can remember off-hand:
Sgt. Pepper
The White Album
Eat a Peach
Pet Sounds
Leo Sayer (the wife's)
Frampton Comes Alive
Everything Steely Dan ever recorded.
I did the same thing. Recorded them to cassette.
I just got tired of hanging on to them.

Ion
10-26-2004, 12:26 PM
3 crates of lp's, ranging from Beatles, Aerosmith & Nugent to Peter Gabriel-era Genesis, Yes, ELP & King Crimson & a stack of 45's from the 70's on up to when the first cd's came out. Sooo glad I never chucked 'em!

Ion
10-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Pushin' about 400+/-
Cheech and Chong's Big Bamboo WITH the rolling paper still intact...
on and on and on
Pretty funny! Somehow, mine is missing....
:D I seem to remember a college house party & alot of smoke....

Ion
10-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Problem is when I turn the music up my Klipsch LaScala speakers and Luxman amp make the music so loud that the turntable vibrates and makes the stylus skip on the record :D
My Man! Now you're talking my language! I've had my LaScala's since the late 80's and drive 'em with a Carver TFM 25. Back in the day when I used to spin vinyl, I either suspended the truntable from the ceiling, or put it ontop of cinder blocks to dampen the vibration.

JetBoatRich
10-26-2004, 12:34 PM
Crate full of late 60's and early 70's. :D rock and roll

Debbolas
10-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Beatles -very well used & played and scratched up :D
Eagles
Elton John
Yes
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Aerosmith
and..........
God Gettin Funky
lol :D

MagicMtnDan
10-26-2004, 02:17 PM
My Man! Now you're talking my language! I've had my LaScala's since the late 80's and drive 'em with a Carver TFM 25. Back in the day when I used to spin vinyl, I either suspended the truntable from the ceiling, or put it ontop of cinder blocks to dampen the vibration.
Yeah, me too (had LaScalas since the 80's). And I've moved mine across country a number of times. A bit big but they sure are AWESOME speakers! You want to shake a house with quality sound, these boxes will do it!
(I've seen a guy online who has three of them for his home theater! Using one as a center channel is a bit of a challenge (big)!
Click here: http://www.audioreview.com/PRD_119959_1594crx.aspx
http://www.klipsch-direct.de/lascala.jpghttp://www.klipsch-direct.de/lascala.jpg

Aqua Boogie1
10-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Tons of old skool funk and R&B....
ConFunksun
Blowfly
Crown Heights Affair
O Jays
Barkays
Ohio Players
Parliament-Funkadelics
Bootsey
George Duke
Rick James
Marvin Gaye
Slave
TSOP--The Sounds of Phil. You have to be from the hood for this one :)
Teddy Pendagrass
LTD w/Jeffrey Osborne
Stevie Wonder
Gap Band
EW&F
Brothers Johnson
Prince
Social TIme CLub?--Rumors
Suger Hill Gang
List goes on and on........Lots of one hit wonders also....Some are very hard to find
Got those too, well most of them.... :D

bomar76
10-26-2004, 02:28 PM
I have several hundred, a lot of which are Mobile Fidelity pressings.
Quite a few German imports, and kinda an ecclectic collection.

MagicMtnDan
10-26-2004, 02:37 PM
OH! I forgot to mention the MFSL (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) half-speed masters that I have! They're awesome!
I have one "perfect record" - it's a direct-to-disk pressing, John Klemmer (sax player) and the most clear, perfect-sounding, clean jazz sax ever! Arabesque

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-26-2004, 03:05 PM
I still have too many 45s to list, but as far as LPs, only a handful:
Olivia Newton-John
2 U2 Albums
Michael Jackson (Thriller)
Howard Johnson
Thompson Twins

Ion
10-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Yeah, me too (had LaScalas since the 80's). And I've moved mine across country a number of times.
(I've seen a guy online who has three of them for his home theater! Using one as a center channel is a bit of a challenge (big)!
I've moved mine across country as well! Bought 'em unfinished like your pic illustrated. A Klipsch tech actually told me the best way to integrate my LaScalas into a surround-sound system was to use the LaScalas as left & right and get a crossover for an 18" sub and add something else into the mix for the center & rt & lt rears. Can you imagine not using the built-in 15"-ers for primary bass!?

Ion
10-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Hey, MagicMtnDan...
Have you seen what a pair of La Scalas are going for these days? You'll freak!
http://www.sonic.net/soundscape/klipsch/klipsch1.htm

Doctor Feniks
10-26-2004, 05:08 PM
lets see.....last time i counted i had somewhere in the neighborhood of 6000+ vinyl records. and considering i still spend about 2-3 hundred per month on new music it's probably more like 7000. oh yeah...any my penis is bigger than phat matt's. :boxed:

voodoomedman
10-26-2004, 05:10 PM
This message is to everyone with Aerosmith on Vinyl.
A recent study reported that these records are worthless. PM me and I will give you an address where you can send these toxic things to be disposed of properly. All free of charge of course.

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2004, 05:43 PM
I'll bet not many have these EPs...
DJ Dick- Weekend
T99- Anasthasia
R.A.F.- We Gonna Get
Supereal- Body Medusa
Cola Boy- 7 Ways to Love
Utah Saints- What Can You Do For Me
Bigod 20- America Photographic

Craig
10-26-2004, 06:54 PM
I still have my old ones, couple of hundred maybe. I do have an oldie, a never opened copy of The Doors "Other Voices" The album the other three released after Jim took off for Africa :p

bomar76
10-27-2004, 05:25 AM
OH! I forgot to mention the MFSL (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) half-speed masters that I have! They're awesome!
I have one "perfect record" - it's a direct-to-disk pressing, John Klemmer (sax player) and the most clear, perfect-sounding, clean jazz sax ever! Arabesque
Yeah, most of my Mobile Fidelity LP's are the 1/2 speed masters.
Love that warm sound from them.
Pure Prarie League is another good MSFL pressing

franky
10-27-2004, 05:48 AM
That must mean you have some PFM in the mix

malibuken
10-27-2004, 08:13 AM
I think I still have an Olivia Newton John - Xanadu album .......... ;)
Crap, did I just say that out loud? :hammerhea:

NorCal Gameshow
10-27-2004, 08:23 AM
anyone else find album jackets with the records gone? :burningm:
looks like i'll have the cars panorama album jacket as garage wall art... :idea:

bomar76
10-27-2004, 03:33 PM
That must mean you have some PFM in the mix
Some other MFSL favorites....
Moody Blues "Days of Future Passed" a really rare LP
Steely Dan "Katy Lied"
Traffic "The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys"
Emerson, Lake & Palmer "Trilogy"
Todd Rundgren "Something / Anything"
Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee " Sonny & Brownie"
Jethro Tull "Thick as a Brick"

coolchange
10-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Pure Prarie League is another good MSFL pressing
Cool I've got that! I have about 5' of vinyl, some in triplicate, MFSL and direct 2 disc. Used to have my table in a different room soI could run my Cerwin Vegas. 15" studio monitors modified with 15T tweeters and cross overs. Still have my Onkyo TX 9500 rreceiver that weighs about 80 pounds but I only power an old pair of Mirage 2.7s Went to a speaker place and asked if they recone speakers and the guy is like WTF ya wanna do that for just buy new ones. I said they're 2.7s and he shut up real fast! My friends give me a little greif on my old stuff but when we turn it on they just cringe about their BOSE satelite systems. Have some promo albums I got from a customer that was a exec at Arista(?) Have one that starts in the center and plays out!