PDA

View Full Version : I need Help... My contract w Cingular is up next month

JustMVG
10-27-2004, 01:08 AM
And i want to know which one of you here feels they have the best plan and why, this i s what our basic needs are, the wife needs and uses alot of minutes for her business, Real Estate (www.Margaretsoldmine.com) and we talk back and forth to each other all the time, also our oldest has a phone as does our middle child, those expire in Jan, so they are not a problem right now.
So we need lots of minutes for the Mrs. and not as many for me, mobile to mobile free, for all the phones, and great service area coverage. I would stay with Cingular, but have gotten the runaround when i wanted to upgrade to a better phone before my contract was up, that bugs the hell outta me since i have been w them for over 6 yrs now. So let the ideas or rants flow..... thanks MikeandMargaretVG.

essexjet
10-27-2004, 01:14 AM
I have nextel and like them. walkie talkie is unlimited minutes and have 1000 minutes anytime for $45. Your wife could also have two lines on her phone one for bus, and one for personal

JustMVG
10-27-2004, 01:25 AM
Hows the coverage though, i know when the race is in town they have repeaters all over the place, but after the races say go to the IRL race no repeaters and no service from the infield at Cal Speedway, my buddy works for the Gas Co. and hates his Nextel, because of the bad coverage area. Thanks though. MVG

essexjet
10-27-2004, 01:32 AM
I dont have that much of a problem with coverage. I work part time out in palm springs area and works good all the way down to the salton sea and works out at Glamis where others have problems. Cingular has been coverage in Laughlin area though

jbtrailerjim
10-27-2004, 04:44 AM
I have Nextel and the coverage is not so great. If it were not for the walkie talkie feature (need for work) I'd switch to someone else.

ahhell
10-27-2004, 05:03 AM
weve had verizon for about 8 years and never had a major concern,GREAT coverage, no walkie-talkie thing, thank God...dont need to hear others conversations, on the job i understand, in the grocery store, dont think so!!!

NOTALENT
10-27-2004, 06:08 AM
I use sprint...550 anytime minutes, nights starting at 7pm free longdistance and roaming..I have never not had reception..On att or xcingular...I would lose reception in ehrenberg and in houses with lead paint but, not with sprint. I love it..I pay 45 a month..but they have better plans..and its nationwide.. But X Cingualr just bought att..so they are going to combine cell sites so they are suppost get better..

OGShocker
10-27-2004, 06:16 AM
I have Verizon w/ walkie-talkie feature. Coverage area is great! Walkie-talkie sux! W-T feature is very slow to respond when compared to NEXTEL.
My .02
Mark

LVJAKAZ
10-27-2004, 07:19 AM
I just got on Nextel and I LOVE it, but i had AT&T before and anything would be better than that :cool: The walkie talkie feature is really nice when I try to get ahold of my 14 year old son :)

jackpunx
10-27-2004, 07:57 AM
And i want to know which one of you here feels they have the best plan and why, this i s what our basic needs are, the wife needs and uses alot of minutes for her business, Real Estate (www.Margaretsoldmine.com) and we talk back and forth to each other all the time, also our oldest has a phone as does our middle child, those expire in Jan, so they are not a problem right now.
So we need lots of minutes for the Mrs. and not as many for me, mobile to mobile free, for all the phones, and great service area coverage. I would stay with Cingular, but have gotten the runaround when i wanted to upgrade to a better phone before my contract was up, that bugs the hell outta me since i have been w them for over 6 yrs now. So let the ideas or rants flow..... thanks MikeandMargaretVG.
I have had great experiences with Cingular.. they seem to have everything you want.. Mobil to mobil .. and lots of min..
they will make you sign a new LONGER contract to get the phone.. but they just merged with AT&T.. so the reception will be much better..

Boozer
10-27-2004, 08:12 AM
I have had great experiences with Cingular.. they seem to have everything you want.. Mobil to mobil .. and lots of min..
they will make you sign a new LONGER contract to get the phone.. but they just merged with AT&T.. so the reception will be much better..
Cingular is selling off their California towers to T-Mobile when the AT&T merger is completed. They are going to be using AT&T's current GSM system which does not hold a candle to the system they currently have built. But after being offered 2 billion dollars for their current towers they couldn't refuse.
In my opinion for a consumer there is really only 2 REAL choices when shopping for wireless. Verizon and T-Mobile. I don't care what any company says about their coverage noone has the coverage that verizon does Verizon has been building towers for a long time and has a LOT of them BUT Verizons calling plans are not cheap, they are actually quite pricy if you need a lot of minutes. T-Mobile has good coverage, while not being the best coverage it is still what I would consider to be good and they give more minutes for the money then anyone else. If the wife uses a lot of minutes and you and the kids dont need ot many they have some great small business pooling plans that would work woderfully for you guys.
I have had Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Qwest wireless. I just gave up Sprint and went back to T-Mobile because Sprints coverage was sh*t and the price plans they have suck ass if you want a national calling plan. Not to mention the majority of Sprints customer service is overseas. Cingular to me is no different then T-Mobile especially right now because they are using the same towers and Cingulars price plans tend to be about $10 more per handset.
If you want to consider T-Mobile PM me and I can put you in touch with a business rep. I'll make sure she gives you better prices on the phones then advertised. Not to mention some possible additional incentives.

1Shockwaveguy
10-27-2004, 08:15 AM
Gotta say Verizon. Great coverage area, lot's of minutes, free night and weekend, free mobile to mobile, and your able to upgrade your phone every year.

RiverDave
10-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Well I don't know much about the cost of other plans, but I just upgraded my nextel contract and purchased another identical one and I'm pretty happy with it.
Unlimited minutes
Unlimited Walkie Talkie
Unlimited Internet
Unlimited Text Messaging
Unlimited GPS Navigation (talks to you while your driving and tells you where your going)
and all the other usual B.S. that the high tech phones have..
little over 200 bucks a month (ea)
RD

CJ
10-27-2004, 01:25 PM
I have Sprint, and pay $160/month for 5,000 minutes. My wife is a Realtor as well (www.soldbygilda.com (http://www.soldbygilda.com) to continue the shamless plugging). We use around 4,500 minutes a month between us. My wife does business in the hills of Orange and Anaheim and the service isn't great there for anyone. Sprint, we have found is the best.

RiverOtter
10-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Verison - But I'm sure CA is very different :cool:

CEO
10-27-2004, 02:33 PM
VERIZON. It has the best caller area period. All the plans of all the companies are very close in minutes and all the other B.S. So go with the best service area. I haven't had a drop call or any of the other crap I used to get when I had AT&T and cingular. No I don't work for Verizon, just telling you all it's the best

burtandnancy
10-27-2004, 05:11 PM
If you want to support Robbie Gordon, stay where you are...

JustMVG
10-27-2004, 11:21 PM
If you want to support Robbie Gordon, stay where you are...
Robby and all the gang send me nice notes on why they stunk up the track every Mon Tues and Weds. My Delete button is darn near worn out...

JustMVG
10-27-2004, 11:25 PM
I have Sprint, and pay $160/month for 5,000 minutes. My wife is a Realtor as well (www.soldbygilda.com (http://www.soldbygilda.com) to continue the shamless plugging). We use around 4,500 minutes a month between us. My wife does business in the hills of Orange and Anaheim and the service isn't great there for anyone. Sprint, we have found is the best.
This is Hot Boat, shameless plugging (www.Margaretsoldmine.com) is accepted and expected!!! Thanks for the ideas folks we still have a couple of weeks on our phones and until Jan. for our girls phones. So many darn providers and the BS with the plans sometimes i just get fed up with the gobbldygook i just sign and bitch later, wish me luck..... Mike VG

Kilrtoy
10-27-2004, 11:36 PM
Mike I used to travel all over L.A. county and I had three work phones at one time.
We tried every provider due to the area we covered and hands down VERIZON, never lost a signal. Drove the whole way to vegas on the phone and never lost or dropped a call. Cingular/at&t would be a FAR second.
Nextel and T-moblie SUCK......
Granted verizon cost more, but as in all things better, cost comes with it....

JustMVG
10-28-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks Miguel, i'll keep it in mind, cost is going to be the main thing, now how was it in Havasu and Mohave? MikeVG

CJ
10-28-2004, 06:34 AM
This is Hot Boat, shameless plugging (www.Margaretsoldmine.com) is accepted and expected!!! Thanks for the ideas folks we still have a couple of weeks on our phones and until Jan. for our girls phones. So many darn providers and the BS with the plans sometimes i just get fed up with the gobbldygook i just sign and bitch later, wish me luck..... Mike VG
Reeeeeeeaaaly! :D Believe me, there are plenty of spots I'd love to post my wife's name. I just chose not to litter every post with it. Mention it every once in a while, I don't mind.
Signature Lines.
Signature lines must be no more than 3 lines of text high and can contain one photo that must be less than 30k. You may have links to other websites in your signature line but you may not have promotional language. Below are two examples of what is allowed and what is not allowed. Please be mindful of others and the readably of the site.
Good
Gear Boxes
I have a really cool boat.
Bad
CLICK HERE FOR GREAT HOME LOAN RATES!!!!!!! --->> HOME LOANS
My boat is for sale as well, PM me for details!!!!

JustMVG
10-28-2004, 04:26 PM
Reeeeeeeaaaly! :D Believe me, there are plenty of spots I'd love to post my wife's name. I just chose not to litter every post with it. Mention it every once in a while, I don't mind.
But then Shameless plugging of a website(Southern California Hot Boats) is acceptable :D , alls fair i guess

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-28-2004, 04:35 PM
i have Cingular and i think the coverage blows. I cannot get service at all in Parker. i lose a call in the same spot every day on my way home. the spot is on Bake Pkwy in OC. Its not like i'm the frickin sticks. I got jacked around when i wanted to upgrade my phone so i bought a phone off ebay at half the price and just put my SIM card in it. i will be bailing over to Verizon when my plan expires. My buddy, and fellow poster, Waldo, has verizon and his cell works at his place in Parker.......
Maybe a Poll is in order????

Misogynist
10-28-2004, 05:02 PM
I have Verizon... I have the family plan and the "In call " plan... where you can talk to any verizon customer for unlimited time.... so... for the two phones... two numbers... 800 peak time minutes... unlimited off ... unlimited weekend... unlimited verizon to verizon... it's 79.95 a month... once you go to the big number plans the minutes get much cheaper. But the Verizon coverage is second to none here in LA... I've driven all the way up the I-15 corridor to SLC to go skiing and never lost a signal... Drove all the way to Seattle and never lost a signal... Plus.. with my plan... roaming is free too... :cool: