PDA

View Full Version : Front tire wear problems

hallett 260
10-27-2004, 09:59 AM
I have a 2001 F250 CC with a 4" Pro Comp lift. with 315/75 Goodyear mt/r. The lift uses the stock suspension, basically a shackle lift with new shocks.
My front tires wear horribly. They wear all uneven like the shocks are not even there. I rotate them every 5000 miles but I will be lucky to get 20000 miles out of them.
Any suggestions to make the fronts wear better....better shocks,tires,etc.
Thanks in advance.
zach

Lightning
10-27-2004, 01:16 PM
I have heard about bad wear problem on those and other Goodyear tires. You may also want to look at some Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo's, great tire, wears nice, will probably last about 50,000.

JetBoatRich
10-27-2004, 03:00 PM
I have 35,000 miles on my F-350 dually 4X4 just changed my stock tires out for larger tires. The old tires have plenty of tread left. I rotate every few months never a real problem, watch your air pressure you should be ok.

cc322
10-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Mudders wear really fast I have always used bfg a/t no problems. Not to sure on the pro comp lift but from what I have heard and read swap the shocks out for the Bilstiens, unless you have the mx6. If your still having tire or front end problem talk to Clarks house of suspension in Lake forest. Good luck

Squirtin Thunder
10-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Any good shock will work just fine. You don't need a expensive Bilstein shock. The FX4 uses Rancho 5000 and they are very good shocks. Goodyear sucks except in NASCAR, wait they are the only tire in NASCAR. That does not mean they are good they just paid the right amount. BF Goodrich is one of the best tires on the market today and they keep improving the tires. I will say the newer Mud Terrain tire is an excellent tire and I won't run anything else. I get well over 70,000 miles out of them and have only had one puncture. And I hit things a bit hard, hard enough to bend my rims. And those tires just keep getting it.
Jim

Ivan Dan
10-27-2004, 11:39 PM
I have a 2001 F250 CC with a 4" Pro Comp lift. with 315/75 Goodyear mt/r. The lift uses the stock suspension, basically a shackle lift with new shocks.
My front tires wear horribly. They wear all uneven like the shocks are not even there. I rotate them every 5000 miles but I will be lucky to get 20000 miles out of them.
Any suggestions to make the fronts wear better....better shocks,tires,etc.
Thanks in advance.
zach
Is it a 2wd? If so, it has I-Beams which are known to wear tires horribly.

hallett 260
10-28-2004, 10:15 AM
it's a 4wd. I check the pressures often. The tires wear unevenly on every tread. After about 3000 miles they are so loud I can't stand it. Rotation helps but for only about 1000 miles.
I will definately try new tires next time. Most likely BFG all terrains.
Thanks for the help.
Z

jackpunx
10-28-2004, 10:21 AM
it's a 4wd. I check the pressures often. The tires wear unevenly on every tread. After about 3000 miles they are so loud I can't stand it. Rotation helps but for only about 1000 miles.
I will definately try new tires next time. Most likely BFG all terrains.
Thanks for the help.
Z
I have 04 f250 with a 6" Danaho Edge lift,Bilstiens and 37"/12/17's
I have 22k on them.. just rotated them for the 2nd time.. I have about another 5k left on them.. I had the same issue with the uneven wear on the front tires..Im very happy w my tires.. Ive tried all types.. this is a brand new tire from Parnelli jones.. they are pretty expensive.. but look and act very aggressive along with long lasting..
I paid about 315each.. I looked for them this week to start thinking about replacement.. 360each..
goodluck
Mark