PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in the Oxnard/Camarillo area?

Jetdriver
10-28-2004, 07:42 AM
I have an employee that is constantly telling me that he is suffering from power outages in that area and thats why he can not get to work on time. His alarm is constantly getting reset by these outages. So if you live in the area did you have an outage last night?
JD

MRS. MAINEVENT
10-28-2004, 07:46 AM
I live in Oak Park which is about 5-10 minutes from Camarillo and that area and no power outage here last night, my husband works for a water company and if the power goes out at anytime he is called out to turn a booster on to keep the water flowing while the power is out and to tell you the truth he never got called out last night. I don't want to get your employee in trouble but not last night.
We do get alot of them though and have had a few recently over the last couple weeks maybe 2 of them.

Jetdriver
10-28-2004, 07:47 AM
Thats what I needed to know! Thank you!

Misogynist
10-28-2004, 08:51 AM
I have an employee that is constantly telling me that he is suffering from power outages in that area and thats why he can not get to work on time. His alarm is constantly getting reset by these outages. So if you live in the area did you have an outage last night?
JD
I actually had the same thing happen to me ONCE.... after that... I got a battery powered alarm clock.... When I really have to be up... I'll set two alarms... even my cell phone has an alarm built in and can be programmed to ring..... :hammer2:

Moneypitt
10-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Hey, I have an internal alarm clock, AND I need a job!! Any openings lately?? I'm never late!!..........MP

Jetdriver
10-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Hey, I have an internal alarm clock, AND I need a job!! Any openings lately?? I'm never late!!..........MP
Are you an Autocad operator???

Jetdriver
10-28-2004, 09:33 AM
I actually had the same thing happen to me ONCE.... after that... I got a battery powered alarm clock.... When I really have to be up... I'll set two alarms... even my cell phone has an alarm built in and can be programmed to ring..... :hammer2:
I have dealt with this or half a dozen times now. I have even told him to get a battery alarm clock, set his cell phone alarm and so on. Hell even last night my power went out and guess what, I still made it to work on time! Im done giving chances!

Moneypitt
10-28-2004, 09:40 AM
Well, er, ah, um, oh yeah, sure, I can do that, er well, what does an autocad operator do, besides operate an autocad? I can program and operate CNC equipment, is that somewhat the same??..........MP

Kilrtoy
10-28-2004, 10:01 AM
tell him to buy a motorcycle so he can get there quicker :)

Jetdriver
10-28-2004, 10:23 AM
tell him to buy a motorcycle so he can get there quicker :)
OH NO! He already has more tickets than an officer has in his book!

Jetdriver
10-28-2004, 10:24 AM
I can program and operate CNC equipment, is that somewhat the same??..........MP
Not quite.... Thanks for the offer though!

Kilrtoy
10-28-2004, 10:36 AM
OH NO! He already has more tickets than an officer has in his book!
See that is his problem he is late for EVERYTHING, not just work

Jetdriver
10-28-2004, 10:47 AM
See that is his problem he is late for EVERYTHING, not just work
Yeah tell me about it! As much as I like him.....

jdogginla
10-28-2004, 11:24 AM
hmmm......I'm just now finishing up AutoCAD for Dummies. I still can't move the fricken wall!%$!@#$^&%

MAINEVENT
10-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Are you an Autocad operator???
I took one class in college and two years in HS for the right price I'll take some more classes :D and you'll get an employee that never late :D :coffeycup

Jetdriver
10-28-2004, 11:32 AM
I need someone that has experience in the Civil Enginering field. :hammerhea

MAINEVENT
10-28-2004, 11:33 AM
I need someone that has experience in the Civil Enginering field. :hammerhea
Damn it i knew i should've kept going to school Oh well back to working Main Leaks :) :hammerhea

JetBoatRich
10-28-2004, 12:19 PM
JD
Shawn never a good situation :argue: an employee needs to be responsible. Part of that is being ontime, one thing I never understand is how an employee tries to turn it around like it is your problem they cannot follow policy, one like being ontime for work :yuk: DUH
they make it tough on the rest of the people wondering when or if they will even show up. Knowing they will have to do their work plus pick up for the person missing.
Good Luck :wink:

Racer277
10-28-2004, 12:35 PM
hmmm......I'm just now finishing up AutoCAD for Dummies. I still can't move the fricken wall!%$!@#$^&%
It's all in the layers..... :)