PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in the La Mirada, La Habra, Brea area???

HOOTER SLED-
10-28-2004, 11:33 AM
What's your take on the area. Neighborhood, SCHOOLS, etc... We're shopping for a home. Trying to find a decent area. We live in Torrance now, so that's what we're used to. I'm thinking La Habra cause it's O.C.. My same $$$ would get us something in the ghetto over here. I'm gonna miss being so close to the beach and the temps. :cry:

Mrs.Racer277
10-28-2004, 11:47 AM
My vote would be the Brea area. Still not that far from the beach. And you can't go wrong with a Norstroms in your back yard. :wink: From what I remember schools are good in that area.

Mrs.Racer277
10-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Very good schools and yes, the Brea Mall...lol
Besides south coast isn't brea the 2nd happiest place on earth???? ;) ;) ;)

superdave013
10-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Brea is prolly priced close to Torrance these days. Fullerton is another option. When you see how far your money goes in OC I'll help ya unpack when you end up down the street from me in Anaheim. :)
I moved here from Manhatten Beach 6 years ago. Was an adjustment but I'd have to say that I do like it.
No kids so I can't comment on schools.

HOOTER SLED-
10-28-2004, 11:58 AM
LaHabra Heights is much nicer than LaHabra.
Brea is a very good "hood"...That would be my choice out of those three. Good luck and happy house hunting Jason
Yea I know. Thanks T. La Habra will probably be more in our price range. Man I'm gonna have to get a 2nd job probably for temp. Gotta keep the wife at home you know. Wouldn't want her to have to work. AHHHHHHhhhhhh, I'm a true sugar daddy.
:D

Slider
10-28-2004, 12:39 PM
The west side of La Habra Heights has great schools in their area.Murphy Ranch school for K-6 and Hillview 7-8th and La Serna high school.And you get 1 acre of land per house.You should really check out the area

syke-o
10-28-2004, 12:54 PM
brea is the nicest unless u can afford la habra heights.... yorba linda is right there as well, and in my opinion yorba linda is awesome... i had a condo there for a couple years, and i went to high school in la habra and worked in brea so i know the area pretty well.... i sold the YL condo and bought a house in anacrime(anaheim) though because i couldnt afford a house there!!!

Lightning
10-28-2004, 12:59 PM
I think Kwicherbichen lives in La Mirada, you may want to send him a PM

Bre
10-28-2004, 01:02 PM
I work out in Brea almost every night...so I say Brea so I can come visit you guys :hammer2: :wink:

Up 4 River
10-28-2004, 01:05 PM
I grew up in Hacienda Height so I know these cities pretty well. Brea is nice, but you are going to be paying a pretty penny there. Brea Olinda high school is great and I know quite a few friends of mine that have just moved there to start and raise their families. If you move to La Habra it will be a hit and miss. If you can get above Whittier Blvd the lots are bigger and the neighborhood is nicer. You may want to also look east of Harbor Blvd, but north of Lambert in that area. That is clsoe to both the Brea and La Habra schools. La Habra heights is going to be a jump financially, but if you can do it more power to you. The high schools in the area you will be able to choose form are La Habra, La Serna, Troy, Sonora, La Mirada and Brea Olinda to name a few. Good luck and if you have any questions you can PM me.
U4R

HOOTER SLED-
10-28-2004, 01:21 PM
I work out in Brea almost every night...so I say Brea so I can come visit you guys :hammer2: :wink:
It's gonna happen pretty soon. We're already pre-approved. La Habra is just next door from Brea you know. You and the Mrs. I'm sure could get in trouble together. You guys are spunky. :D

HOOTER SLED-
10-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for all the info so far. I may be picking some of your brains as we get closer. Keep the info rollin'. :mix:

1Shockwaveguy
10-28-2004, 01:41 PM
I also live in La Habra. Some of it is nice and some if it isn't. Schools from what I hear are good. PM me if you need any questions answered

copperrat20
10-28-2004, 02:03 PM
I live in Brea. How can I be of service?

simple
10-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Stay east of the 57 freeway. Try Placentia, North Anaheim (know as Anaheim Hills) or Yorba Linda. If you work in the Inland Empire, South Corona & Norco are Excellent.
Why would you leave the beach in first place?

copperrat20
10-28-2004, 02:11 PM
The neighborhoods are super clean and super nice here in brea. Probably 80% of brea is associations. And no associations here are not that bad. The schools are great academically. I know I went there just a few years ago. Like GLD said east of the 57 is the nicest parts. West of the 57 is old brea and it is nice it's just old.

Mrs.Racer277
10-28-2004, 02:21 PM
I guess that depends if being at a mall is considered happiness :)
For me it is! :wink:

Mrs.Racer277
10-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Stay east of the 57 freeway. Try Placentia, North Anaheim (know as Anaheim Hills) or Yorba Linda. If you work in the Inland Empire, South Corona & Norco are Excellent.
Why would you leave the beach in first place?
I agree. Lived in Placentia for over 20 years, hubby in Yorba Linda. both great areas. And the schools are really good. Also Fullerton and Orange.

HOOTER SLED-
10-28-2004, 02:39 PM
General rule of thumb. If there are any Food 4 Less' in the area. I'm not interested. :)

Mrs.Racer277
10-28-2004, 02:45 PM
General rule of thumb. If there are any Food 4 Less' in the area. I'm not interested. :)
I am probably wrong on this one but I can not remember seeing a one in Placentia or Yorba Linda.

bordsmnj
10-28-2004, 02:50 PM
west garden grove isn't bad and it's only6-8 miles (as the crow flies )to the beach.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-28-2004, 02:52 PM
west garden grove isn't bad and it's only6-8 miles (as the crow flies )to the beach.
Have you been sniffing the white out again hunny?? :messedup:

Mrs.Racer277
10-28-2004, 02:56 PM
Maybe in Placentia or LaHabra :)
Where? :2purples: I have never seen one in Placentia.

simple
10-28-2004, 02:58 PM
I grew up in La Habra Heights. Nice place in the 70s. One problem with La Habra is no EZ freeway access. Rumor has it that inside the square (Beach, Whittier, Harbor & Imperial) it has not changed much in 30 years.
No Food 4 less in YL. Many Good neighbors all along North Orange County. Brea is very unique. Most people who have grown up there, stay there after they become adults. Their kids go to Brea Olinda. Kinda nice.
My .02

faster
10-28-2004, 03:01 PM
I grew up in Lahabra and pretty much lived there for 34 years. Great little town, I reccomend Lahabra over Brea and or La Mirada. Try to stay South of Imperial (anywhere) and North of Whittier and east of Idaho. I can tell you just about anything you would like to know about LH, LHH brea and or Fullerton. I moved from Lahabra to Fullerton (Sunny Hills) 2 years ago. Still almost on the border of Lahabra and Fullerton.
Let me know if I can answer any questions you may have.
BTW the schoolls on the east side of Lahabra are typically better

roostwear
10-28-2004, 03:05 PM
I used to live in Guadalahabra. I prefer other areas nowadays. OC is expensive, but one rule of real estate is buy the most you can afford. I would keep looking. If you want to stay in North County, I'd look into Brea/Placentia.

Mrs.Racer277
10-28-2004, 03:18 PM
You are probably right...maybe down off of YL Blvd towards the 57 possibly. It is the area that seperates YL and Placentia I believe.
Not there. 57 and Yorba Linda Blvd is Fullerton area. Y.L. Blvd and around Rose Dr. is approx. the seperation between Y.L. and Placentia. And no food max there either.

Slider
10-28-2004, 03:24 PM
The question is how much do you want to spend on a home.$500.000.00 is a starter home in orange county.

HOOTER SLED-
10-28-2004, 03:38 PM
The question is how much do you want to spend on a home.$500.000.00 is a starter home in orange county.
Not necessarily.

25Elmn8r
10-28-2004, 04:05 PM
I have to agree with Syke-o on Yorba Linda. We just moved here in July from Lakewood and Love it. If you can afford it go for it. The schools are awesome!
We looked at all of the surrounding areas, Brea, Placentia, Fullerton, and liked Yorba Linda the best.

HOOTER SLED-
10-28-2004, 04:14 PM
I have to agree with Syke-o on Yorba Linda. We just moved here in July from Lakewood and Love it. If you can afford it go for it. The schools are awesome!
We looked at all of the surrounding areas, Brea, Placentia, Fullerton, and liked Yorba Linda the best.
I just don't know if I wanna be out that far. I work in Bell Gardens. Back when we started considering buying, we were looking at Lakewood. Screw that now. Price wise it's good, and location. Not too far from where we are at now. But the surrounding areas, especially the West. I'll pass. Don't get me wrong the neighborhoods are cool, it's the outskirts.

Tom Garcia
10-28-2004, 04:26 PM
Live in Chino Hills, Carbon Canyon. Work in Brea, School's rock in Chino Hills, and is 8 miles from Norstroms Brea, I was advised last week K-6 highest GPA in So Cal, was informed Blue ribbin school district. I thought that was a crazy But My daughter was in private school for first K-4th and came in 5th and had a real hard time accademically. Really like the people you will associate with. Lot of Cops and Firemen. was informed Blue ribbin schools
GOOD LUCK TOMMY GEEEE!!!!!!

LLGirl
10-28-2004, 07:26 PM
How funny, we moved to YL from Lakewood too! Technically we are Anaheim Hills, but we are in the YL school district etc... (YL side of the 91!)

LLGirl
10-28-2004, 07:34 PM
I just don't know if I wanna be out that far. I work in Bell Gardens. Back when we started considering buying, we were looking at Lakewood. Screw that now. Price wise it's good, and location. Not too far from where we are at now. But the surrounding areas, especially the West. I'll pass. Don't get me wrong the neighborhoods are cool, it's the outskirts.
I live in AH/YL and work in Torrance! It's definitely a hike! I love where I live, and love where I work... problem is they're nowhere near eachother!

SHOTKALLIN
10-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Hey they have good deals at the food 4 less. My food stamps go alot further there. Why you hatin on food 4 less?

welk2party
10-28-2004, 07:45 PM
I lived in Brea for a while and lliked it a lot.Hope that helps.

Coach
10-28-2004, 07:45 PM
I grew up in Brea and went to La Habra Schools. I can tell you La Habra is not where you want to live. No close freeway access, more gangs per capita than any other city in OC, including Santa Ana. Brea is nice and the schools are good. I have lived in Yorba Linda for the last 7 years and love it here, and also teach in the school district, so I will tell you the schools are top notch. YL tends to be very expensive compared to the surrounding area. Brea has a very good bang for the buck. Check out some of the older homes in the North Hills area. Many are priced much lower than similar homes in the area.

shocker
10-28-2004, 07:46 PM
I also live in Brea on the Eastside. I like it. There is a S**t load of good places to eat and the mall makes for fast christmas shopping(: 4 hour flat to Havasu!!!

TRG
10-28-2004, 07:46 PM
to hell with orange county, i think you should move to "LOLAND HEIGHTZ" although it getting a bit "NIPPY" over the hill here i "CHINK" you might need a jacket! lol
its ok,...i can say that my wife said so! lol :yuk:
the wife and i have been searching uot where we would like to go next, and i think that we are going over the hill into the heights, we are looking to cap. on our lil shante' seeing how they are going to open the new$$$"budist temple"$$$ right at the corner of harbor (fullerton rd.) and pathfinder!
can you spell or say fung-shwei (i know i cant!)
Todd

SHOTKALLIN
10-28-2004, 07:54 PM
i would never live in roland heights. do your self a favor and go on a ride along with the walnut sheriffs. you would be surprised what crap goes on in that town. bet you put your house up for sale quick. there is an apt complex that offers free rent to cops in that hell hole. the funny thing is they cant get any cops to live there. not even for free. there are some nice houses in that city but they are a million dollars and you still have to go to the store with the trash.

HOOTER SLED-
10-28-2004, 08:13 PM
I grew up in Brea and went to La Habra Schools. I can tell you La Habra is not where you want to live. No close freeway access, more gangs per capita than any other city in OC, including Santa Ana. Brea is nice and the schools are good. I have lived in Yorba Linda for the last 7 years and love it here, and also teach in the school district, so I will tell you the schools are top notch. YL tends to be very expensive compared to the surrounding area. Brea has a very good bang for the buck. Check out some of the older homes in the North Hills area. Many are priced much lower than similar homes in the area.
Great info. Thanks Coach. Go SC. :D :D

RVRGIRL
10-28-2004, 08:18 PM
What's your take on the area. Neighborhood, SCHOOLS, etc... We're shopping for a home. Trying to find a decent area. We live in Torrance now, so that's what we're used to. I'm thinking La Habra cause it's O.C.. My same $$$ would get us something in the ghetto over here. I'm gonna miss being so close to the beach and the temps. :cry:
I grew up in Fullerton most of my life. My parents have lived in Fullerton for some 34+ years. Same house. Off Harbor and Imperial. If you have any questions for me. Email me. Thanks, Heather

bunny 166
10-28-2004, 08:23 PM
I grew up in Lahabra and pretty much lived there for 34 years. Great little town, I reccomend Lahabra over Brea and or La Mirada. Try to stay South of Imperial (anywhere) and North of Whittier and east of Idaho. I can tell you just about anything you would like to know about LH, LHH brea and or Fullerton. I moved from Lahabra to Fullerton (Sunny Hills) 2 years ago. Still almost on the border of Lahabra and Fullerton.
Let me know if I can answer any questions you may have.
BTW the schoolls on the east side of Lahabra are typically better
I grew up in La Habra, too and lived there for 20 years. I think the city has changed over the years...Brea is a good choice. If you like La Mirada, PM DECKKAT; he lives there. I think fasters reccommendations as far as location are good. TC, Bunny :mix: :mix:

Mrs CP 19
10-28-2004, 08:34 PM
My son went all thru school in Brea. Part of the reason we moved there from fullerton was the schools. My Mom was an educator for many years and recommended the schools. Since downtown has been re-done, there are really no BAD spots in Brea. Unlike La Habra and La Mirada. Just my opinion, but 17 years there with no problems, I would still be there except it grew way too much and no where left to keep my horses. Now they are in my 'backyard'. Good luck..Jill

TRG
10-28-2004, 08:51 PM
i would never live in roland heights. do your self a favor and go on a ride along with the walnut sheriffs. you would be surprised what crap goes on in that town. bet you put your house up for sale quick. there is an apt complex that offers free rent to cops in that hell hole. the funny thing is they cant get any cops to live there. not even for free. there are some nice houses in that city but they are a million dollars and you still have to go to the store with the trash.
i space myself far enough away from the "LAW ENFORCEMENT" in this town mainly because they seem to be even more crooked than the people living here! i cant even airbrush in my garage anymore because of the cops in this town! (excluding officer tesdahl) ide rather not get into this topic any further,...i will end this with, we are leaving, but not because of the trash that lives here, hell, I am that trash you are talking about! :crossx:
Todd

Waldo
10-28-2004, 09:32 PM
There are some nice places in Garden Grove that are a lot closer to the beach than Brea, La Mirada, Yorba.
Garden Grove Unified School District just won the "Eli Broad" award for the BEST urban district in the entire U.S.!!!!!!!
500K in college scholarships to our students this year. We were also runner up for the last two years (125K each year in scholarships).
Make sure you check out the "WEST SIDE" of Garden Grove. Nice houses with HUGE lots. Plenty of storage for boats and toy haulers.
BTW, Brea mall isn't 8 miles from Chino Hills. Check a map (maybe as the crow's fly?). About 20-25 minutes.

Mrs CP 19
10-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Actually, i used to live in Sleepy Hollow, which IS part of Chino hills now and it is 8.2 miles to Brea Mall. Chino Hills proper is a few miles down the road. I won't even say a word about Garden Grove, but we did have another name for it...Born and raised in OC, lived there for 30 years. By the way, what is your impression of a big lot. I,m on an acre and it could be bigger. Jill

Waldo
10-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Actually, i used to live in Sleepy Hollow, which IS part of Chino hills now and it is 8.2 miles to Brea Mall. Chino Hills proper is a few miles down the road. I won't even say a word about Garden Grove, but we did have another name for it...Born and raised in OC, lived there for 30 years. By the way, what is your impression of a big lot. I,m on an acre and it could be bigger. Jill
My aplogies! I was going off my memory, or lack there of.
I grew up in Fountain Valley and know all about Garbage Grove too. I work in GG as a teacher on the "west side", which is why I recommended the "east side". However, there are still quite a few neighborhoods that have large lots, large houses, and are still decent ones.

HYPNAUTIC
10-29-2004, 01:17 PM
didnt read if anybody touched on this. homes and some townhomes in the placentia, yorba linda, and ana hill area have large enough lots to allow boat and rv parking. ex. home less than 2 blcks from me (i live in placentia near Nixon Lib.) sold for $890K 5bd 3 1/2bth 3car rv parking on both sides and a driveway big enough to park 8 cars. i think it would be hard to find that kinda space somewhere else.

BCAdvantage
10-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Sounds like a lot of ***boaters came from La Habra/Brea area. Me too. Schooled in the Barrio (La Habra). Wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Got out as soon as I could. Lots o' gangs and crime. Would have liked to move to Yorba, however, I'm not rich. Moved 5 miles down the road to Corona (No longer the 909, now 951), in Yorba Linda style homes for half the price. Greenriver/Serfas Club Dr. Check it out, you'll like it.

CEO
10-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Yorba Linda, if you can afford it. It is the nicest area

HOOTER SLED-
10-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Thanks again to all that have posted info. I got a few PMs too. Some good info. Didn't realize La Habra was that bad. These aren't the only areas we're considering. It's where I've started. I have yet to actually hit the streets and do some hard researching in any areas.

25Elmn8r
10-29-2004, 09:53 PM
How funny, we moved to YL from Lakewood too! Technically we are Anaheim Hills, but we are in the YL school district etc... (YL side of the 91!)
Your last name wouldn't be Wright would it?
We are right by Travis Ranch School. Esperanza and Yorba Linda Blvd.
Hooter, if you have any questions about the area's PM or call me(PM'd # to you). All of the foot work we did is still fresh in my mind and would be more than happy to help you out.

Ivan Dan
10-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Sounds like a lot of ***boaters came from La Habra/Brea area. Me too. Schooled in the Barrio (La Habra). Wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Got out as soon as I could. Lots o' gangs and crime. Would have liked to move to Yorba, however, I'm not rich. Moved 5 miles down the road to Corona (No longer the 909, now 951), in Yorba Linda style homes for half the price. Greenriver/Serfas Club Dr. Check it out, you'll like it.
I just moved to the same area from Placentia. Where are you? I'm off of Paseo Grande and Ontario.
I LOVE the house I'm in now but the only reason I moved here was because I didn't want to give up my toys to afford a $700,000 to $1,000,000 home. I would much rather have a less expensive home and all the toyz I want (or just about anyways). I grew up in Placentia for 20 years and I really love the area. I know North OC extensively (being a local real estate agent) if you have any questions about areas or anything feel free to call, PM or e-mail me anytime.

LLGirl
10-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Your last name wouldn't be Wright would it?
We are right by Travis Ranch School. Esperanza and Yorba Linda Blvd.
Ok... should I be scared? :confused: Because yes - it is!! :p We are right around the corner from you!

LOWRIVER2
10-31-2004, 06:08 AM
Of the cities mentioned, Brea is most like Torrance. No riff raff on the borders.
Being the only cop on this thread, let's get it right people:
Santa Ana has most gang members, gangs, registered sex offenders in the county. Stanton close second. This does'nt mean Guadalahabra is cherry pie, just put credit where's it's due.
The freeway access means homes sell fast in Brea, have a local agent on top of listings for you.
I think the perception of La Habra being so bad is based on a large hispanic population. Nothing like non whites to scare the whitey's into thinking a city is doomed. Pretty funny. Crunch the property crime numbers with other North OC cities and the rates are pretty close per capita, actually.
The gritty facts:
La Habra is credited with the first O.C. female gang member murderer (15) shot a 14 yr. old male gangster with a 12 gauge.
Also had the one armed Egyptian guy kill a 12yr. old boy, dismember the body, then try to put the parts in cement, only to leave a blood trail back to his shack.....
Fullerton had the mother who ran over her 1 month old baby's head with her Volvo station wagon, after throwing the baby out in front of a car (the car stopped in time), with negative results. Fabulous defense attorney Milton Grimes got the woman off on "post partum stress disorder".
Brea steers clear of the violent deaths, just the typical suburb domestic homicides, traffic accidents.
Good luck with your search, I'd try for anything O.C. over La Habra heights which is LA county, it's got too much un cut vegetation and it's fire protection service is below standard (fire hydrants/lines antiquated). That city needs to buck up and pay for LA Co. Fire. for expert service and the specialized resources that it needs. Those hills are a powder keg due to poor prevention efforts , just ask any fireman familiar with the area.

anxious
10-31-2004, 08:24 PM
brea here!

Duck
10-31-2004, 09:06 PM
I'm a twenty five year Brea resident on the LH/ Brea border. Just drive on the streets to see the difference. LH does'nt have the $$ to repave, Brea will. Brea has the best blend of housing and industry. Moving to Palm Desert and my 3br, 2.5 bath townhouse is for sale!! $415K look in realtor.com on Breezewood. Duck

25Elmn8r
11-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Ok... should I be scared? :confused: Because yes - it is!! :p We are right around the corner from you!
No you shouldn't be scared. Or should you! :devil: I have known your husband since we were kids. I just put 2+2 together(Anaheim hills, Lakewood, and Lost Lake) We played baseball together, your father-in-law was our mailman, and my company is one of Lonnie's maintenance accounts.
It is a very small world!

cdog
11-01-2004, 09:35 AM
I'm a twenty five year Brea resident on the LH/ Brea border. Just drive on the streets to see the difference. LH does'nt have the $$ to repave, Brea will. Brea has the best blend of housing and industry. Moving to Palm Desert and my 3br, 2.5 bath townhouse is for sale!! $415K look in realtor.com on Breezewood. Duck
Duck,
You have'nt sold yet?

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2004, 09:41 AM
Of the cities mentioned, Brea is most like Torrance. No riff raff on the borders.
Torrance is great..........

DECKKAT
11-01-2004, 12:23 PM
La Mirada, Beach Bl. just south of Imperial Hwy isn't to bad.

HOOTER SLED-
11-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Being the only cop on this thread, let's get it right people:
Santa Ana has most gang members, gangs, registered sex offenders in the county. Stanton close second. This does'nt mean Guadalahabra is cherry pie, just put credit where's it's due.
The freeway access means homes sell fast in Brea, have a local agent on top of listings for you.
I think the perception of La Habra being so bad is based on a large hispanic population. Nothing like non whites to scare the whitey's into thinking a city is doomed. Pretty funny. Crunch the property crime numbers with other North OC cities and the rates are pretty close per capita, actually.
The gritty facts:
La Habra is credited with the first O.C. female gang member murderer (15) shot a 14 yr. old male gangster with a 12 gauge.
Also had the one armed Egyptian guy kill a 12yr. old boy, dismember the body, then try to put the parts in cement, only to leave a blood trail back to his shack.....
Fullerton had the mother who ran over her 1 month old baby's head with her Volvo station wagon, after throwing the baby out in front of a car (the car stopped in time), with negative results. Fabulous defense attorney Milton Grimes got the woman off on "post partum stress disorder".
Brea steers clear of the violent deaths, just the typical suburb domestic homicides, traffic accidents.
Good luck with your search, I'd try for anything O.C. over La Habra heights which is LA county, it's got too much un cut vegetation and it's fire protection service is below standard (fire hydrants/lines antiquated). That city needs to buck up and pay for LA Co. Fire. for expert service and the specialized resources that it needs. Those hills are a powder keg due to poor prevention efforts , just ask any fireman familiar with the area.
That's what I'm talkin bout Low. Good info from a different point of view. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
:)

HOOTER SLED-
11-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Torrance is great..........
I agree. I'm gonna miss it. Just can't afford it. :(

Racer277
11-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Grew up in Yorba Linda. It was (and still is) a great place to raise a kid. The schools are much improved over 30 years ago (my elem school was bulldozed for the library), but there are very few orange groves left to play in. My next choice would be La Habra Heights, as the old homes up there are still there, and they can't subdivide the big acre plus lots. 5 minutes up that hill and you're in another world (horse country).
Anaheim Hills or South Tustin if you have to have a condo.
I remember sleepy hollow in Carbon Canyon! That place (the old haunted house or hotel) scared the crap out of me! What was the name of the bar up there? I saw Great White play there a lifetime ago. Used to make forts and ride mt. bikes in Carbon Canyon park.

rodnjen
11-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Depends on where you work, La Habra does not have Freeway access. We live in Fullerton and really like it. Very good schools (Brea does as well), mature and well developed community, Metrolink station, many older but some newer homes (depends on what you like), great restaurants.
PM me if you look at fullerton and want to know about specific neiborhoods.

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2004, 06:07 PM
I agree. I'm gonna miss it. Just can't afford it. :(
Where in Torrance are you ?

LLGirl
11-01-2004, 06:08 PM
No you shouldn't be scared. Or should you! :devil: I have known your husband since we were kids. I just put 2+2 together(Anaheim hills, Lakewood, and Lost Lake) We played baseball together, your father-in-law was our mailman, and my company is one of Lonnie's maintenance accounts.
It is a very small world!
Small world indeed! That is too funny! I remember him telling me about running into you awhile back.
Your boat is beautiful! We are currently shopping for a new one. :rollside:

HOOTER SLED-
11-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Where in Torrance are you ?
Lived near 231st and Crenshaw for awhile. Then in North T. Then near Arlington and Torrance Blvd. Now we're up off Western near Lowe's. Torrance P.O.. Our street is decent though. We moved over here for a reason though. Stayed in Lomita for a little bit too. I can't believe how much the homes in Lomita are selling for. Some spots in Lomita are cool. I just wouldn't want my kids to end up going to Narbonne. The Mrs. grew up in North Torrance. I grew up in Carson and Torrance about half and half.

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Lived near 231st and Crenshaw for awhile. Then in North T. Then near Arlington and Torrance Blvd. Now we're up off Western near Lowe's. Torrance P.O.. Our street is decent though. We moved over here for a reason though. Stayed in Lomita for a little bit too. I can't believe how much the homes in Lomita are selling for. Some spots in Lomita are cool. I just wouldn't want my kids to end up going to Narbonne. The Mrs. grew up in North Torrance. I grew up in Carson and Torrance about half and half.
I grew up in Long Beach and my lady lived up here so I moved up and have been here since.. Love it here. I am across the street from South High.........

HOOTER SLED-
11-01-2004, 09:40 PM
I grew up in Long Beach and my lady lived up here so I moved up and have been here since.. Love it here. I am across the street from South High.........
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. NO wonder why you like Torrance. :D :D South Torrance is the place to be. My boys play ball at TABB. Right up the street near Sharynne Lane(Candy Cane Lane). That area and Hollywood Riviera are the best spots in Torrance.

Mrs. casean
11-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Grew up in Yorba Linda. It was (and still is) a great place to raise a kid. The schools are much improved over 30 years ago (my elem school was bulldozed for the library), but there are very few orange groves left to play in. My next choice would be La Habra Heights, as the old homes up there are still there, and they can't subdivide the big acre plus lots. 5 minutes up that hill and you're in another world (horse country).
Anaheim Hills or South Tustin if you have to have a condo.
I remember sleepy hollow in Carbon Canyon! That place (the old haunted house or hotel) scared the crap out of me! What was the name of the bar up there? I saw Great White play there a lifetime ago. Used to make forts and ride mt. bikes in Carbon Canyon park.
I remember Carbon Canyon... neat park! I only lived in Placentia for a year and a half till I moved back to San Clemente, but what I remember, the schools were great and my neighborhood was great... (dia and I were almost neighbors!) Yorba Linda and Brea would be my choices for the areas mentioned... good luck w/ the move!

RiverForUs
11-01-2004, 11:14 PM
I remember sleepy hollow in Carbon Canyon! That place (the old haunted house or hotel) scared the crap out of me!
I remember the haunted house in Carbon Canyon as well. Grew up in Fullerton for 25 years or so (flatlander down off Harbor and Orangethorpe and then later Euclid and Orangethorpe) After some high school parties we'd end up at the haunted house. how funny!

Parker Dreamin
11-02-2004, 07:29 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. NO wonder why you like Torrance. :D :D South Torrance is the place to be. My boys play ball at TABB. Right up the street near Sharynne Lane(Candy Cane Lane). That area and Hollywood Riviera are the best spots in Torrance.
I can not complain Hooter Sled......

Mrs.Racer277
11-02-2004, 07:38 AM
I remember the haunted house in Carbon Canyon as well. Grew up in Fullerton for 25 years or so (flatlander down off Harbor and Orangethorpe and then later Euclid and Orangethorpe) After some high school parties we'd end up at the haunted house. how funny!
That is too funny. I think we all hit the haunted house to hide out with of few cold ones. :D
There was also a haunted house in the hills of Y.L. Now houses. :mad: