PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a computer hook up?

Boozer
10-28-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm tyring to get the best deal I can on the following setup.
P-4 2.8Ghz (Not celeron)
512 MB Ram
40GB Hard Drive
1.44 Floppy
Mid tower ATX
400 watt power supply
52x CD rom (Not CDR-RW)
64MB Video card Dual VGA output
No OS needed.
So far the best deal I have been able to find is $800 with good parts and $650 with cheap taiwaneese junk. We beat the hell out of these boxes and do a lot of stuff with them so I'm thinking we need to go with the good name brand reliable parts. I need 2 systems. These are just the boxes too, i don't need monitors, mice or any of that stuff.
Also, whoever I find to give me the best deal on these boxes is going to be rewarded a LOT of bussiness. Possibly 15+ builds a week. And as long as they treat the business I send to them good I'll be happy to keep sending them business. Not to mention the builds will be easy because they are all going to be the same system I am trying to get built for the company.
PM me with info. I'll be happy to PM you my number as well and we can discuss this over the phone.

Some Kind Of Monster
10-28-2004, 04:15 PM
I sell them and I can beat that price all day long. PM coming up.

HOOTER SLED-
10-28-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm thinkin somewhere in the area of $1200 - $1400 at Costco. Not a bad price.

Mrs.Racer277
10-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Check out Dell.com

Boozer
10-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Check out Dell.com
Dell builds a great computer for someone who wants an off the shelf solution. The system I need is not off the shelf and can't come off the shelf because of the video card that I have to run.
To get the system I need from Dell I was quoted $1200.00 Partially because Dell wont build the system I need without a software suite included I don't need any software because I license everything through the software company directly eliminating the middle man. Dell can charge $1200.00 because they target two customers. The person who knows absolutely nothing about a computer and just needs a low cost system built or the big corporation who needs a nice system built but has more money then time and will just place an order to Dell and pay whatever Dell charges.
I'm neither of those :)
Obvioulsy Dell is doing good and there's a lot of people who fall into their targeted customer range. I went to UPS to pick up my blackberry at their after hours pickup and there were at least 20 people picking up Dells. The guy at UPS told me he sees a good 500+ deliviries DAILY come in from Dell. :eek: :2purples: :eek:

Mrs.Racer277
10-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Yikes. That is alot of Dells. Well that was my only suggestion. If you don't have any answers by Monday I will have Racer277 give you some suggestions. He is off to Glamis right now. Good luck. :)

baja204
10-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Call Rick Clampit at Bass Computers, Tell him David from Houston sent you
http://basscomputers.com/

Ryphraph
10-28-2004, 05:49 PM
I buy parts at Newegg.com. If you know how to slap them together you can get that box really cheap there. They have awesome service and shipping.
Ryph

100mbs
10-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Just out of curiosity what is the Dual output Video card for?

Boozer
10-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Just out of curiosity what is the Dual output Video card for?
Running a software program.

GlastronGuy
10-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Dell builds a great computer for someone who wants an off the shelf solution. The system I need is not off the shelf and can't come off the shelf because of the video card that I have to run.
To get the system I need from Dell I was quoted $1200.00 Partially because Dell wont build the system I need without a software suite included I don't need any software because I license everything through the software company directly eliminating the middle man. Dell can charge $1200.00 because they target two customers. The person who knows absolutely nothing about a computer and just needs a low cost system built or the big corporation who needs a nice system built but has more money then time and will just place an order to Dell and pay whatever Dell charges.
I'm neither of those :)
Obvioulsy Dell is doing good and there's a lot of people who fall into their targeted customer range. I went to UPS to pick up my blackberry at their after hours pickup and there were at least 20 people picking up Dells. The guy at UPS told me he sees a good 500+ deliviries DAILY come in from Dell. :eek: :2purples: :eek:
One more type...
The guy who builds computers but needs a laptop.

MagicMtnDan
10-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Dell can charge $1200.00 because they target two customers. The person who knows absolutely nothing about a computer and just needs a low cost system built or the big corporation who needs a nice system built but has more money then time and will just place an order to Dell and pay whatever Dell charges.
Boozer, not that it's important but I don't understand your comment.
Lots (LOTS) of companies buy computers from Dell. Dell has an unbeatable combination of quality, service and reliability all at a fair price. The proof is in their yearly volume of business. They ain't just selling boxes to (a) people who know "nothing about a computer" or (b) "big corporations who have more money than time."
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Dell or any of its subsidiaries or vendors.

NetFryer
11-08-2004, 12:23 AM
you've got a PM brotha. :hammer2:

JetBoatRich
11-08-2004, 05:22 AM
Boozer, I know NETFRYER good guy with what ever you need for computers :wink:

NorCal Gameshow
11-08-2004, 07:29 AM
click here for dell deal (http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/outrageous_desktops?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd)
when you order just make sure there is an available pci or agp slot for your graghics card...it has XP so you don't have to PAY for the license :wink:
or you could build one yourself for the same price with no warranty(free line to india) :D

WUTWZAT
11-08-2004, 07:50 PM
How do you feel about them being laptops. 15" screens with DVD burners. Compatible to a 3 gig AMD processor for $1,000.00 ?

NetFryer
11-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Here's what im offering:
420 Watt power supply
Pentium 4 - 2.8ghz
512mb RAM 3200 (lifetime warranty)
Black Mid ATX Case
Black face 52X cd rom
Black face floppy drive
Asus P4S800 Mothorboard
ATI Radeon 9250 - 128mb video card - dual output for extended desktop
80 gig hard drive