PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day on Havasu

Not So Fast
04-14-2006, 06:21 PM
I dont know the particulars but just got back from Windsor North and Mohave Co. Sheriffs, and EMT were bringing off a guy on a stretcher. I walked down a little further and there lays a 27 Eliminator Fundeck about 50 ft from the docks, all that was sticking up was the helm and front sponsons. I sure hope everybody is OK. The boat looked to be white/red/ and blue graphics. The wind blew fairly hard today. What a shame!!!!!!!! NSF

djunkie
04-14-2006, 06:22 PM
I dont know the particulars but just got back from Windsor North and Mohave Co. Sheriffs, and EMT were bringing off a guy on a stretcher. I walked down a little further and there lays a 27 Eliminator Fundeck about 50 ft from the docks, all that was sticking up was the helm and front sponsons. I sure hope everybody is OK. The boat looked to be white/red/ and blue graphics. The wind blew fairly hard today. What a shame!!!!!!!! NSF
Ahhh shit. Did you by any chance get a glimpse of what the guy looked like?

slink
04-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Ahhh shit. Did you by any chance get a glimpse of what the guy looked like?
Exactly.....I've got a buddy (w/family) up there this week w/ a 2005 fundeck matching colors. He stays up at park Moabi but is always down at the channel

djunkie
04-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Exactly.....I've got a buddy (w/family) up there this week w/ a 2005 fundeck matching colors. He stays up at park Moabi but is always down at the channel
Ya I've got a buddy who has a place in Parker with one too. And I know he takes it to Havasu.

Not So Fast
04-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Sorry I dont have any more info for you and I may be wrong on the colors of the boat. the sun was going down. If I werent so mentally challenged I would post pictures. The guy leaving on the stretcher appeared to be good sized, but I really dont know if he was connected to the Eliminator. As usual when the wind blows Windsor (or any ramp) becomes very hectic. I heard one guy say that a number of boats went down today and the salvage team was heading back upstream but would have to wait for better weather. Of course as i was leaving here comes a guy in a Magic (of course) and he's going to launch :rollside: Its almost dark and the wind is still blowing, I dont get it!! NSF PS, Mohave Co. Sheriffs probably have the report if that helps you find your friend. Sorry

Biglue
04-14-2006, 07:03 PM
I hope this isn't as bad as it sounds.

victorfb
04-14-2006, 07:05 PM
very sad news. hope everyone is ok. boats can be fixed or replaced. keep us posted, we all are concerned. and yes even us little jet boaters...

slink
04-14-2006, 07:06 PM
I was able to get ahold of my buddy, He didn't launch today because of the winds. Hope it's not Djunkie's buddy or anyone else friend for that matter. Hope all involved are safe.

Fast Freddy
04-14-2006, 07:58 PM
for a 27 foot boat to sink due to high winds?..........there must be some BIG waves. so how big was the wind chop on the lake today? 3 feet? 4 feet? 5 feet?

Not So Fast
04-14-2006, 08:02 PM
The story will probably be in the News Herald tomorrow. NSF

shadow
04-14-2006, 08:02 PM
for a 27 foot boat to sink due to high winds?..........there must be some BIG waves. so how big was the wind chop on the lake today? 3 feet? 4 feet? 5 feet?
I work right up the street,not sure what the wind MPH was but it was windy as hell.As bad as any monsoons.Lake was covered with white caps and
the current looked like the lake was flowing North.

Fast Freddy
04-14-2006, 08:21 PM
i was on havasu last year over memorial weekend when on sunday there were 3 foot waves. they would have to get twice that size before my nordic went down. but then loading the boat at windsor was a bitch.

Fast Freddy
04-14-2006, 08:23 PM
I work right up the street,not sure what the wind MPH was but it was windy as hell.As bad as any monsoons.Lake was covered with white caps and
it was windy as hell here in tucson today. 40 mph gusts with dust everywhere. looked like a hurricane was comin in.

djunkie
04-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Sorry I dont have any more info for you and I may be wrong on the colors of the boat. the sun was going down. If I werent so mentally challenged I would post pictures. The guy leaving on the stretcher appeared to be good sized, but I really dont know if he was connected to the Eliminator. As usual when the wind blows Windsor (or any ramp) becomes very hectic. I heard one guy say that a number of boats went down today and the salvage team was heading back upstream but would have to wait for better weather. Of course as i was leaving here comes a guy in a Magic (of course) and he's going to launch :rollside: Its almost dark and the wind is still blowing, I dont get it!! NSF PS, Mohave Co. Sheriffs probably have the report if that helps you find your friend. Sorry
This doesn't sound good. My buddy is a pretty big guy. Damm hope its not him. Wish it wasn't anyone period.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-14-2006, 09:17 PM
40+ MPH winds.....
3' white caps on the lake.....
Came in fast....
CJG
:yuk:

riverbound
04-14-2006, 09:21 PM
This doesn't sound good. My buddy is a pretty big guy. Damm hope its not him. Wish it wasn't anyone period.
I think we are thinking of the same person :( but I dont think his boat has Blue on it. And I dont think they are up there this weekend as they were there last weekend (I hope :()

djunkie
04-14-2006, 09:24 PM
I think we are thinking of the same person :( but I dont think his boat has Blue on it. And I dont think they are up there this weekend as they were there last weekend (I hope :()
Ok cool. But I hope whoever it is will be ok. I hate hearing shit like this.

Kilrtoy
04-14-2006, 09:35 PM
I watch a 28 or 30 ELIM cat almost blow over 3 times.....
coming into thompsonson bay
WATCHED OG SCHOCKER catch some serious air also coming in....
It was bad.....
50Plus around 4 PM per the local weather.....

BigDoug
04-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Very true, the winds were fierce today as Richelle and i were detailing OGshockers boat and we could'nt finish due to the winds, shit was flying every where.
Mark has balls to go out in this kind of weather !!! :cool:

riverbound
04-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Ok cool. But I hope whoever it is will be ok. I hate hearing shit like this.
Just found out he did go to the river this weekend. :(

OGShocker
04-14-2006, 10:40 PM
As we were headed out, we heard three boats went under...:(

Chase
04-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Oh OG you Pasndy..... that was nothing,,,we had some guys on from Saskatchewan and they didn't even spill a beer>> :rolleyes:

djunkie
04-15-2006, 02:04 AM
Just found out he did go to the river this weekend. :(
I guess I better call JP in the morning and see if he's there.

shueman
04-15-2006, 05:42 AM
Sad news indeed.... :frown: nothing about the incident, as yet, on the 'net / Murphy Broadcasting....The NWS had posted a high-wind advisory for the area that extended through 8pm last night...

Buster
04-15-2006, 05:48 AM
Man, I hope there alright. I saw all the emergency crews heading that way around 6'ish.
I watched some guy's in a pontoon boat going head into the wind (from the Crazyhorse CG) full throttle. 3 out of the four were standing up and one was riding the stripper poll like a 8 sec bull. We all were just waiting for that thing to break in half. Also saw a 30 foot V bottom doing maybe 50 launch it at least 5 times were we could see both drives completly out of the water by 3+ feet.
Come on people, it's better to hang on a beach somewhere or put it on the trailer then go out in wind and water like yesterday.
O'well, today is shaping up to be great. (as long as the wind doesn't get any stronger.

Not So Fast
04-15-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm headed down to the ramp to see if they are working on salvage right now. If some wants to I will email pic's and you can post them as I'm too STUPID to do it. Pm me with your email address. NSF

Not So Fast
04-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Wow, those salvage guys are fast, boat is gone already. The ranger asked me to send her pictures so they could show people that the Hawk (wind) is nothing to mess with. Also said they retrieved 7 boats yesterday!! Too bad and very sad indeed!! NSF

Mrs.Racer277
04-15-2006, 06:50 AM
I hope everyone is OK. 7 Boats OMG.
The wind is really blowing up here in the North end of town.

TCHB
04-15-2006, 08:12 AM
I have more boats get into trouble in strong winds. If the wind gets too heavy just stay on the beach!!!!!!!

Mrs. 4-B
04-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Hope everyone is OK. This is never good news. :(

Mrs. 4-B
04-15-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm headed down to the ramp to see if they are working on salvage right now. If some wants to I will email pic's and you can post them as I'm too STUPID to do it. Pm me with your email address. NSF
Not stupid, just computer challenged! :p
It's okay, we still love you!

Not So Fast
04-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks, I needed that. :cool: I still dont have any e-mail addresses PM'ed to me so that I can send the pic's to so someone with a brain who can post them. It's sort of depressing anyhow to see a nice boat sitting in about 6 or 7 ft of water, can't imagine how the owner felt as it went down. it's still a little windy here. NSF

Lightning
04-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks, I needed that. :cool: I still dont have any e-mail addresses PM'ed to me so that I can send the pic's to so someone with a brain who can post them. It's sort of depressing anyhow to see a nice boat sitting in about 6 or 7 ft of water, can't imagine how the owner felt as it went down. it's still a little windy here. NSF
Check you PM's . . .just sent you one.

Phat Matt
04-15-2006, 09:00 AM
matt@x1039.com

SnakeWrench
04-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Heard from a buddy today. He got gusts at 60 and said that the wind chop topped 5' on his way back to Thompson. He has a 26 and said the boat was airborn more than in the water. He saw Kilr and OG and said "They had their hands full" There was a 28 that went down just outside Thompson with no injuries, was that the same boat you saw Kilr? Glad you guys made it back in one piece and our thoughts are with the others.

Fast Freddy
04-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Heard from a buddy today. He got gusts at 60 and said that the wind chop topped 5' on his way back to Thompson. He has a 26 and said the boat was airborn more than in the water. He saw Kilr and OG and said "They had their hands full" There was a 28 that went down just outside Thompson with no injuries, was that the same boat you saw Kilr? Glad you guys made it back in one piece and our thoughts are with the others.
wow!!! that is crazy!! 60 mph winds and 5 foot waves! can't imagine what loading the boat onto the trailer must have been like

Mrs.Racer277
04-15-2006, 10:30 AM
The wind seems to be dieing down now.

Parker Dreamin
04-15-2006, 10:32 AM
anybody have an update ? or the photos ?

Not So Fast
04-15-2006, 10:46 AM
I just sent pictures to 2 HB'ers so they should be up soon. Sort of hard to make out a lot except that it is an Eliminator Fundeck. Dock was rocking badly. I saw one Magic that was waiting just idling enough to keep the bow up and he was being thrown around like it was a cork, pretty scary. Has any body got info on the guy on the stretcher? NSF

Her454
04-15-2006, 10:55 AM
I hope everyone is ok, very sad. I was out on water like that in Havasu, ONCE - in August 93 and it scared the holy hell out of me and I still dont know how I kept the boat afloat - it came up so quick. I'll never ever get caught in wind like that again - took too many years off my life.

LUVNLIFE
04-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Here ya go BV. Hope everyone is alright. Sad indeed.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/7327_Fundeck_sunk_006.jpg

Not So Fast
04-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks Cale, I should have known an old pipeliner could do it :D Remember last year when you were at BML, I was worried sick that you would be in that shape after that Monsoon hit during the night. I cannot imagine how this guy felt watching it go down :( Bobby

Fast Freddy
04-15-2006, 03:17 PM
that must have been after the strom passed.

Kilrtoy
04-15-2006, 03:25 PM
I dont understand why anyone even would launch a boat in that weather, Do people not check the weather prior to boating, I walked out mydoor at 9AM on friday and said NOPE, way to windy and it was only blowing at 20MPH. I then checked the weather and saw 60 MPH winds by 3PM.....

my21advantage
04-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Damn I hope everyone is ok

my21advantage
04-15-2006, 03:30 PM
I dont understand why anyone even would launch a boat in that weather, Do people not check the weather prior to boating, I walked out mydoor at 9AM on friday and said NOPE, way to windy and it was only blowing at 20MPH. I then checked the weather and saw 60 MPH winds by 3PM.....
I do...I hope other's would too.
But some people can be so stubborn and attempt to over drive their own abilities.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-15-2006, 03:35 PM
That is very sad to see. But my question is who says thats an Eliminator??? :crossx:

2LKHVSU
04-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Looks like our Eliminator deckboat...same front gates, sink area, and windshield. A Conquest is not as tall in the bow area.
Mrs 2LKHVSU

LUVNLIFE
04-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks Cale, I should have known an old pipeliner could do it :D Remember last year when you were at BML, I was worried sick that you would be in that shape after that Monsoon hit during the night. I cannot imagine how this guy felt watching it go down :( Bobby
No prob Bob. Laying pipe is my job. :D Yes last year was bad. Box anchor held perfect but I will tell you, me and Jen were up checking it through the night a little concerned. :(

LUVNLIFE
04-15-2006, 04:11 PM
BTW hope everyone is alright. I just hate to see that happen, as I know how I would feel. Then again you wouldn't catch me out on a day like that. :frown:

Nord
04-15-2006, 04:14 PM
I was thinking that the fun deck was Gordon's RB, but your right, it doesn't have any blue on it.........

Havasu_Dreamin
04-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Must have been a bad week to be in Havasu. First some lady gets shot by her boyfriend in the face with a shotgun, then boats sink off of Windsor and now this morning someone is found shot in their car in the parking lot of the Island mall. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.....

lalhc
04-15-2006, 04:19 PM
I have a Conquest and one distinct feature that's different on my Conquest is the triangle shape sink area across from the drivers area. Eliminator has that shape and they add a refrigerator below.

riverbound
04-15-2006, 05:03 PM
I was thinking that the fun deck was Gordon's RB, but your right, it doesn't have any blue on it.........
Yah...that's definitely not Gordo's boat.
Still sad to see, hope everyone ended up OK.

MBlaster
04-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Must have been a bad week to be in Havasu. First some lady gets shot by her boyfriend in the face with a shotgun, then boats sink off of Windsor and now this morning someone is found shot in their car in the parking lot of the Island mall. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.....
Full moon madness.

whitefire
04-16-2006, 10:13 AM
I was there when this boat sank. I was getting my 26' Chaparral deck on the trailer at the time and i heard a scream comming from the boat and saw some frightened people but everyone made it to shore with no injuries that i know of. I talked to the guy and he was just happy that his family was OK. We stayed at Windsor for about an hour and a half just helping people get boats on trailers. It was pretty chaotic. Oh yeah, i saw the owner of the sunk boat in the channel yesterday with his other 33' Eliminator having fun with the fam. :)

djunkie
04-16-2006, 10:22 AM
I do the same. And when I am on the Lake and a storm like that rolls in I head for a cove and hide out till it passes. My boats no gem but it would kill me to watch it go down.

djunkie
04-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Yah...that's definitely not Gordo's boat.
Still sad to see, hope everyone ended up OK.
Definately sad to see.

Biglue
04-16-2006, 11:05 AM
I was there when this boat sank. I was getting my 26' Chaparral deck on the trailer at the time and i heard a scream comming from the boat and saw some frightened people but everyone made it to shore with no injuries that i know of. I talked to the guy and he was just happy that his family was OK. We stayed at Windsor for about an hour and a half just helping people get boats on trailers. It was pretty chaotic. Oh yeah, i saw the owner of the sunk boat in the channel yesterday with his other 33' Eliminator having fun with the fam. :)
Good for you Whitefire. Glad you made it out safely and kudos for helping everyone out.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-16-2006, 12:29 PM
i saw the owner of the sunk boat in the channel yesterday with his other 33' Eliminator having fun with the fam. :)
The orange/yellow/green one with Eliminator arched on the sides?

Eliminator 4 Life
04-16-2006, 12:31 PM
The orange/yellow/green one with Eliminator arched on the sides?
if so its a 36 :)

IN2-IN2MX
04-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Sad and scary...hope everyone is ok :frown:

USCFAN
04-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Hate to hear things like that. I'm sure like all the other Hot Boaters on here are thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved.

whitefire
04-16-2006, 03:59 PM
I believe that was the one......i stand corrected :rollside:

meaniam
04-16-2006, 05:19 PM
whitefire im glad there is people like you to help other boaters in getting their boats out of the water. im sure you saw panic in peoples faces. when the storms do kick up im kinda thinking the luanch is on of the worst places to be. to busy and full of traffic. the water get shallow to quick allowing the wave face to rise and crest. and it takes people alot longer to hook there boats up do to them bouncing around.

yeah,right
04-16-2006, 06:33 PM
A Howard Deck Boat would never do that. :rollside:
What a stupid azz remark, but I guess the little smiley face after it makes it OK huh? Yeah, your Howard is sooo much better than all the other boats out there that it wouldn't sink no matter what huh? Whatever.

SDLifesaver
04-16-2006, 07:33 PM
What a stupid azz remark, but I guess the little smiley face after it makes it OK huh? Yeah, your Howard is sooo much better than all the other boats out there that it wouldn't sink no matter what huh? Whatever.
A joke that was not intended for you but you decided to comment on. Not a joke meant towards the people who's boat sunk, in fact I feel very sorry that they have to go through the ordeal of such magnitude. Rather the joke I was making was to our friends that have a similar boat that we have an on going joke back and forth that you know nothing about.

aces over eights
04-16-2006, 07:44 PM
I dont know the particulars but just got back from Windsor North and Mohave Co. Sheriffs, and EMT were bringing off a guy on a stretcher. I walked down a little further and there lays a 27 Eliminator Fundeck about 50 ft from the docks, all that was sticking up was the helm and front sponsons. I sure hope everybody is OK. The boat looked to be white/red/ and blue graphics. The wind blew fairly hard today. What a shame!!!!!!!! NSF I was in my 20 ft. Stoker in that weather..... in Thompson Bay there were 2 -3 footer out there ........... The Windsor side had much bigger conditions.. If you don't get excited you can get through it.. Make sure and get weather reports !!!!! The marina or site 6 is much better to launch in with high expected wind conditions.... Know your boat...... My buddy was in a 21 baja and launch at Windsor that day....... He beach it in the channel and waited until later to pull out.. I pulled out 6:00 p.m from the channel and from experience new to go to site 6 thru thompson bay not thru the crazy horse side.. I know my boat ,know what conditions it can handle. Also, I check the weather report that morning and new there was going to have 30 + mph winds... Thompson Bay had 2 footer with some 2 1/2 .. I didn't go 30 mph maybe 20 -30 tops with some slower speeds... It was pretty fun......... And I took my time.......... Again weather report , take your time , no what your boat can do ... Also I would not have gone thru the crazy horse side period... I did it once before an it was tuff... Hope this helps.....

yeah,right
04-16-2006, 07:56 PM
A joke that was not intended for you but you decided to comment on. Not a joke meant towards the people who's boat sunk, in fact I feel very sorry that they have to go through the ordeal of such magnitude. Rather the joke I was making was to our friends that have a similar boat that we have an on going joke back and forth that you know nothing about.
Oh, OK, then why did you delete the post if it was no big deal? This is a serious thread and you decide to make a joke? Yeah, right. It was just another one of your lame azz remarks about how much better your Howard is than another boat. I for one don't think a guy being taken out in an ambulance is something to joke about. Aren't you some sort of EMT? I could just see you in the ambulance with the guy on the way to the hospital giving him a lecture on how he should have bought a Howard. Whatever.

SDLifesaver
04-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh, OK, then why did you delete the post if it was no big deal? This is a serious thread and you decide to make a joke? Yeah, right. It was just another one of your lame azz remarks about how much better your Howard is than another boat. I for one don't think a guy being taken out in an ambulance is something to joke about. Aren't you some sort of EMT? I could just see you in the ambulance with the guy on the way to the hospital giving him a lecture on how he should have bought a Howard. Whatever.
For a person with 50 posts and for being a member here for 3 months you sure seem to have alot of opinions. I did remove the post because I could see how a joke to me could be misunderstood by a person reading this and not understand what I was talking about. I really don't care what you think and I can see you have already taken things way to seriously around here. This thread is a serious thread. The guy that was taken away on the stretcher had NOTHING to do with the boat that sank in the picture. An earlier post mentioned that the owner of the boat was witnessed coming from the water with his family and they were NOT INJURED. The entire family was seen 1 or 2 days later in the channel with another boat doing fine. Maybe if you read everything about this serious thread you would have seen that. As far as your opinion of my lame azz remarks (please elaborate on a pm if they are so important and don't take away from the seriousness of this thread). I think you have shown your true colors and if this type of subtle bantering gets to you this easily you will be a big target. I will no longer continue this with you on this thread.

SDLifesaver
04-16-2006, 09:01 PM
This is for you Yeah Right.

Dusty Times
04-17-2006, 05:58 AM
I was in my 20 ft. Stoker in that weather..... in Thompson Bay there were 2 -3 footer out there ........... The Windsor side had much bigger conditions.. If you don't get excited you can get through it.. Make sure and get weather reports !!!!! The marina or site 6 is much better to launch in with high expected wind conditions.... Know your boat...... My buddy was in a 21 baja and launch at Windsor that day....... He beach it in the channel and waited until later to pull out.. I pulled out 6:00 p.m from the channel and from experience new to go to site 6 thru thompson bay not thru the crazy horse side.. I know my boat ,know what conditions it can handle. Also, I check the weather report that morning and new there was going to have 30 + mph winds... Thompson Bay had 2 footer with some 2 1/2 .. I didn't go 30 mph maybe 20 -30 tops with some slower speeds... It was pretty fun......... And I took my time.......... Again weather report , take your time , no what your boat can do ... Also I would not have gone thru the crazy horse side period... I did it once before an it was tuff... Hope this helps.....
Is your boat white with a wacker.
And where you headed back towards the island Saturday afternoon at about 70-75. If that was you it looked good. Saw air under it plenty of times and flew very straight

yeah,right
04-17-2006, 06:37 AM
For a person with 50 posts and for being a member here for 3 months you sure seem to have alot of opinions. I did remove the post because I could see how a joke to me could be misunderstood by a person reading this and not understand what I was talking about. I really don't care what you think and I can see you have already taken things way to seriously around here. This thread is a serious thread. The guy that was taken away on the stretcher had NOTHING to do with the boat that sank in the picture. An earlier post mentioned that the owner of the boat was witnessed coming from the water with his family and they were NOT INJURED. The entire family was seen 1 or 2 days later in the channel with another boat doing fine. Maybe if you read everything about this serious thread you would have seen that. As far as your opinion of my lame azz remarks (please elaborate on a pm if they are so important and don't take away from the seriousness of this thread). I think you have shown your true colors and if this type of subtle bantering gets to you this easily you will be a big target. I will no longer continue this with you on this thread.
Oh, so you don't think maybe the guy on the stretcher was in one of the other 7 boats that sank that day (also stated earlier in the thread). Yeah, I DO read the whole the thread.
I'm sorry. I should have read all of your other 888 posts and realized what an important person you are before starting a debate with you. You are obviuosley way more entitled to your opinion and jokes than I am.
I guess your 888 posts begging people to buy your last Howard, trying to rent out your house, or posting stuff about your new Howard being built makes you an expert around here that should not be messed with. Yeah, right. I'll leave you alone from now on. Sorry.

OGShocker
04-17-2006, 07:24 AM
I do the same. And when I am on the Lake and a storm like that rolls in I head for a cove and hide out till it passes. My boats no gem but it would kill me to watch it go down.
Nice to know your "NEW" boat can handle the big water.
We went out and although the water was "big", the boat handled it very well. We had a total of six people on the boat. We ran the basin over to the channel then found cove to hang out in. We ran over towards Copper then back to the Turtle for some nerve settling cocktails. The worst part was the limited visibility from the multiple face shots from the cross waves. Goggles with wipers would have helped a lot!
Days like this makes me happy we own a Dana. :cool:

OnlyMoney
04-17-2006, 07:55 AM
The guy on the stretcher came on the police boat upriver, not related to the boat sunk at the dock. Didn't hear anything about him after, but when we launched early Sat. Vesseal Assist was already bringing a little 18 footer in without people...might have been the guys?? Sad thing to see when you finally get to the safety of the launch ramp after a day like Friday.

sleekcraft78
04-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Arguing on the internet is like running the Special Olympics.Even if you win, your still retarded.
Take it PM's so we don't have to read it

Buster
04-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Here is a quick example of what is was like on Friday. It got much worse about a hour later then this photo, but I did not have my camera then.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2110Havasu_4-12-06_017_Large_.jpg

FLEA DIDDY
04-17-2006, 09:22 AM
For a person with 50 posts and for being a member here for 3 months you sure seem to have alot of opinions. I did remove the post because I could see how a joke to me could be misunderstood by a person reading this and not understand what I was talking about. I really don't care what you think and I can see you have already taken things way to seriously around here. This thread is a serious thread. The guy that was taken away on the stretcher had NOTHING to do with the boat that sank in the picture. An earlier post mentioned that the owner of the boat was witnessed coming from the water with his family and they were NOT INJURED. The entire family was seen 1 or 2 days later in the channel with another boat doing fine. Maybe if you read everything about this serious thread you would have seen that. As far as your opinion of my lame azz remarks (please elaborate on a pm if they are so important and don't take away from the seriousness of this thread). I think you have shown your true colors and if this type of subtle bantering gets to you this easily you will be a big target. I will no longer continue this with you on this thread.So your saying POST COUNT makes you smarter than most? :rolleyes: Jesus, you gotta love the internet................................ :rollside:

SummitKarl
04-17-2006, 09:30 AM
NSF
hey Bobby when you hitting the water again?
Thursday afternoon maybe? :)

djunkie
04-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Nice to know your "NEW" boat can handle the big water.
We went out and although the water was "big", the boat handled it very well. We had a total of six people on the boat. We ran the basin over to the channel then found cove to hang out in. We ran over towards Copper then back to the Turtle for some nerve settling cocktails. The worst part was the limited visibility from the multiple face shots from the cross waves. Goggles with wipers would have helped a lot!
Days like this makes me happy we own a Dana. :cool:
I'm glad to hear it handles it good Mark. Especially that you guys are ok. I've been in 5-6ft.+ stuff out in the ocean in my boat. Needless to say the pucker factor was in full effect. :rollside:

OGShocker
04-17-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm glad to hear it handles it good Mark. Especially that you guys are ok. I've been in 5-6ft.+ stuff out in the ocean in my boat. Needless to say the pucker factor was in full effect. :rollside:
No BS, D. It wasn't that bad of a day out there. The Hot Boat Poker Run a couple of years ago was far worse.

Bolties
04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
OMG, I remember that Sat a couple years ago. It was really bad. Still overcoming my fears from that stupid day.

djunkie
04-17-2006, 11:25 AM
No BS, D. It wasn't that bad of a day out there. The Hot Boat Poker Run a couple of years ago was far worse.
I hear ya. I have been in some bad stuff out there when a storm rolls in. I thinks it kinda fun. I was in Parker a couple weeks ago and the wind really picked up and the swells were around 3 ft. You just have to know how to hit them right and be going the right speed and it usually isn't a problem. But sometimes they just get unpredictable and a little hairy. Glad to hear you guys did good. Sucks to hear about the others that didn't.

ur2slo
04-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Maybe to shed some lite on the guy..... I was hung up in the mud due to the wind at the northend, waited almost 4 hr's for vessel assist to get my stuckass out, Ross, the captain said he found a PWC running in circles and the operator was about a mile away, blue and hypothermic. He had to go back to get paramedics to rescue him. Don't know the end result, but it sounds like the guy you are all talking about. I heard 4 boats blown on shore and two sunk, FWI.
Like the old saying goes."Know your limits and your equipments limits" Also "Don't Fu*k with Mother Nature"
50 kt winds and swells like that are no fun :crossx:

Biglue
04-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Maybe to shed some lite on the guy..... I was hung up in the mud due to the wind at the northend, waited almost 4 hr's for vessel assist to get my stuckass out, Ross, the captain said he found a PWC running in circles and the operator was about a mile away, blue and hypothermic. He had to go back to get paramedics to rescue him. Don't know the end result, but it sounds like the guy you are all talking about. I heard 4 boats blown on shore and two sunk, FWI.
Like the old saying goes."Know your limits and your equipments limits" Also "Don't Fu*k with Mother Nature"
50 kt winds and swells like that are no fun :crossx:
You the guys who owns this boat?

91nordic29
04-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Oh, so you don't think maybe the guy on the stretcher was in one of the other 7 boats that sank that day (also stated earlier in the thread). Yeah, I DO read the whole the thread.
I'm sorry. I should have read all of your other 888 posts and realized what an important person you are before starting a debate with you. You are obviuosley way more entitled to your opinion and jokes than I am.
I guess your 888 posts begging people to buy your last Howard, trying to rent out your house, or posting stuff about your new Howard being built makes you an expert around here that should not be messed with. Yeah, right. I'll leave you alone from now on. Sorry.
newbies just dont normally run thier yaps so quickly to some of the members whjo have been around much longer. :rolleyes:

Warlockjer
04-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Wow this thread really got ugly.
And ur2slo good advice :)

Roaddogg 4040
04-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Maybe it is a good thing that I have a
Whaler with a bunch of foam stuffed in it... :)
It might be a good boat for LHC...
Steve

Not So Fast
04-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Yup, that be me Karl and a great day it was, although the water is still a little Chilly!! :cool: What a change for Friday though, the desert can change so fast and become very, very dangerous as you know. NSF

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-17-2006, 06:24 PM
I was in that shit on friday and it was crazy. The new open bow got a bath for sure. We waited it out and it was all good. Sorry to the fun deck owner.

jimslade
04-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Try driving lake Ontario. 8 footers the norm. drive for the conditions and you will arrive alive. Seen many crazies not respect the water, They are all six feet under. Life is too short.

rmarion
04-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Here is a quick example of what is was like on Friday. It got much worse about a hour later then this photo, but I did not have my camera then.
with weather conditions like that, is a good day to stay indoors and bench race...
been on the lake and river for too many years...........no need to go out in conditions like that.

Not So Fast
04-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Sorry Karl read that wrong, yes possibly Thur again, like to see the HB Deckboat shootout at the Nautical, are you gonna be there?? :cool: Bobby PS As long as it's not WINDY :rolleyes:

yeah,right
04-17-2006, 07:48 PM
newbies just dont normally run thier yaps so quickly to some of the members whjo have been around much longer. :rolleyes:
I'm sorry, I didn't get the memo. I'll just shut up then. Yeah, right.

Hardly Satisfied
04-18-2006, 01:36 AM
can't we just all get along :boxed:

SmokinLowriderSS
04-18-2006, 02:46 AM
HEY NOW! :mad: The drama is supposed to be spraying arround over in "Just Jets" (soon to be known as "Squirt-Bench Racers"). Let's keep it that way shall we????? :rolleyes:
:D :D :D

ur2slo
04-18-2006, 05:56 AM
[QUOTE=Biglue]You the guys who owns this boat?
No Biglue, not mine..........luckily. But not a good thing to see a swamped boat of any kind. I was lucky enough to just get hung up on the sand. No damage, except to my pride! :cry:

INSman
04-18-2006, 05:58 AM
Yes it was, I recall maybe 12 or so boats went down that day and my 23' Dana handled it better than expected !!

riverroyal
04-18-2006, 06:06 PM
on the water at 11,off by 12,it was real windy.

canuck1
04-18-2006, 07:29 PM
HMMMMMMMM....wave jumpin comes to mind