PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to...

me4drvr
04-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Buy steak and/or fish in Havasu?? We just bought our vacation home, and we're moving in this weekend and want to have a nice BBQ to celebrate. Are there any hidden butchers or places other than the major chains?? If not, which chain has the goods??

CMATT21
04-14-2006, 07:37 PM
You want a good steak try the golden horse shoe north of town. Great Prime Rib.
Cha-bones has great ribs and good fish dishes. Great atmosphere and bar. Very nice for Havasu.
Buying steak and fish for home BBQ.... NO CLUE

Kilrtoy
04-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Thery asked for butchers not places to eat..
Good luck, we bring it from LA

HOOTER SLED-
04-14-2006, 07:43 PM
There's a SAm's Club in Bullhead. Isn't there a Costco in Havi? These places have great rest. quality meats. I get my meat for Asada at Sam's.

HOOTER SLED-
04-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Von's is decent IMO. At least the ones around home.

purrfecttremor
04-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Bashas on hwy 95 south side on town has the best steak and deli in town.

C-2
04-14-2006, 08:22 PM
I'll second on the new Basha's, south side. I was pretty impressed with their meat counter - and store in general.
Hell, can't even find a good butcher shop or gourmet grocery joint here in the 951! :mad: :mad:

djunkie
04-14-2006, 09:15 PM
I agree. The guys in the meat shop will even season and shrink wrap it for you so if you buy it in the morning it is ready to go when you get off the lake.

RVRGIRL
04-14-2006, 09:18 PM
There's a SAm's Club in Bullhead. Isn't there a Costco in Havi? These places have great rest. quality meats. I get my meat for Asada at Sam's.
I sure wish we had a Costco. Maybe some day...

djunkie
04-14-2006, 09:19 PM
I agree. The guys in the meat shop will even season and shrink wrap it for you so if you buy it in the morning it is ready to go when you get off the lake.
Oh ya you gotta get some of their double smoked bacon from the meat shop for breakfast too. :rollside:

RVRGIRL
04-14-2006, 09:19 PM
I agree Bashas is the best on the southside. We only shop at that store.
It is the nicest in town. Even has a play area for kids where parents can drop off the kids and shop in peace for a little while.

1Shockwaveguy
04-14-2006, 11:03 PM
I sure wish we had a Costco. Maybe some day...
They are in the process of grading right now for our new costco. It's out near the airport (north end of town) right off 95. will be 5-6 months before its open for biz though

RiverForUs
04-14-2006, 11:09 PM
They are in the process of grading right now for our new costco. It's out near the airport (north end of town) right off 95. will be 5-6 months before its open for biz though
In Havasu? Says who? Is there a sign on the site announcing Costco? Newspaper article? City council statement? Or just rumor? Just curious as I haven't heard of this new location yet.

1Shockwaveguy
04-14-2006, 11:14 PM
In Havasu? Says who? Is there a sign on the site announcing Costco? Newspaper article? City council statement? Or just rumor? Just curious as I haven't heard of this new location yet.
I was asked to bid on it months ago and now there is a sign out there

RiverForUs
04-14-2006, 11:26 PM
I was asked to bid on it months ago and now there is a sign out there
....actually being on the books.

phebus
04-15-2006, 05:44 AM
You talking Costco, or Lowes? They are grading for the Lowes out there, but I haven't heard anything about Costco coming to town.

Mrs.Racer277
04-15-2006, 06:40 AM
I heard that was the new Lowes.
I thought the costco was going to be at the 95/40?
I make a big costco run before I get here.
There is a meat place opening up on Kiowa.

1Shockwaveguy
04-15-2006, 02:01 PM
You talking Costco, or Lowes? They are grading for the Lowes out there, but I haven't heard anything about Costco coming to town.
Both are supposed to be out there. There have been tons of delays tho and I rode by there this morning and now the sign is gone so now I'm not sure. I didn't submit a bid on it so I don't have any inside info on this one. I saw the sign last week and now it's gone. Don't know exactly what this means

phebus
04-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Maybe you saw the sign on April 1st. :)

Kachina26
04-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Try Beacher Meat down by the Bridge
:D

lalhc
04-15-2006, 04:23 PM
I purchase my steaks @ Albertsons. I like their NY's.