PDA

View Full Version : What do you pay for Goose?

Sotally Tober
04-14-2006, 08:29 PM
I finally bought some grey goose to see if it is worth it. Damn. Now I'm addicted. It was just over $30 for a fifth. What does it cost where you are? Washington sin tax is going to get me!

MRSDRMCAT
04-14-2006, 08:44 PM
I finally bought some grey goose to see if it is worth it. Damn. Now I'm addicted. It was just over $30 for a fifth. What does it cost where you are? Washington sin tax is going to get me! just short of a 50 spot for a 1.75 at costco.....sounds like a steal.....do you have costco's????

MagicMtnDan
04-14-2006, 08:47 PM
The big bottle of Goose from Costco is the dealio :cool:

Sotally Tober
04-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Yes we have costco, but. The state/mafia is the only one to sell hard alcohol in this state. You can only buy beer and wine in the grocery store. Liquer stores close around 8 pm and are closed on sundays. You want to ship me a case?

97SunsetterLX
04-14-2006, 08:51 PM
I didn't think the French appreciated our patronage. Have you tried Belvedere, Chopin, Cristall, Ketel One, etc?

Sotally Tober
04-14-2006, 08:55 PM
I didn't think the French appreciated our patronage. Have you tried Belvedere, Chopin, Cristall, Ketel One, etc?
Nope, are they as smooth as Goose? Only Smirnoff and Stoli which taste like thinner.
I will definatly try them.....Heading for anothe cranberry

djunkie
04-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Definately gotta hit up Costco for the big bottle. :rollside:

97SunsetterLX
04-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Did a martini taste test at a resturaunt - we were impressed with all of the premium brands - Those that I named are every bit a smooth as Goose.

hoolign
04-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Definately gotta hit up Costco for the big bottle. :rollside:
and sing them ...Sundae Smiles -- djunkie
Another boy hearts angel mix"
:cool:

Phat Matt
04-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Check out the old vodka thread I just bumped. There are some good ones to try. :)

River918
04-14-2006, 10:30 PM
just short of a 50 spot for a 1.75 at costco.....sounds like a steal.....do you have costco's????
Mr. Drmcat said he wouldn't pay for Grey Goose because it's too expensive. If he bought it, I'm drinking the whole bottle and not replacing it this weekend......J/K
I'll tell you, it's better than anything else out there. Well worth the $$$$..We get our at SAMS for $44.00 for the BIG bottle.........Can't wait til tomorrow to have a little Goose and Rock-Star..

djunkie
04-15-2006, 02:05 AM
and sing them ...Sundae Smiles -- djunkie
Another boy hearts angel mix"
:cool:
Paybacks a bitch Focker!!!!!!!!!!!! :argue: :rollside:

NoCal NoBoat
04-15-2006, 06:06 AM
I'll throw in Hangar One, so named because it's distilled in a former hangar at the Alameda Naval Air Station, Alameda, CA.
We asked for Grey Goose L'Orange at a restaurant in Walnut Creek. Our server suggested we try the Hangar One Mandarin. Two very happy martini drinkers, and a nice tip for the server.
Bev Mo stocks it. It's priced up there with the Goose and Belvedere, but I'm enjoying drinking the California vodka. The Mandarin will have you thinking you're drinking in an orange grove.

Jordy
04-15-2006, 07:41 AM
I didn't think the French appreciated our patronage.
Goose is actually owned by Bacardi. ;)

KACHINA KEN
04-15-2006, 07:51 AM
I get mine for free, I send Jordy to the check out with a big tube of KY and a squash and the cashier is too flustered to notice me leaving the store with a case under each arm.

Mrs. 4-B
04-15-2006, 08:17 AM
I love to get Goosed! :p :p :p

Ziggy
04-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Belvedere is choice!!!!!...at first glance the bottle looks similar to Goose's...Goose being the "splasher" in this case...
Basically, the better stuff won't give you headaches ;)

Kachina26
04-15-2006, 01:32 PM
$21ish for a 750 mil at rite aid. Costco is the way to go. Check out Bevmo.com as well.

Kilrtoy
04-15-2006, 03:28 PM
GOOSE IS A WASTE OF MONEY...
AFTER drinking it for along time, Someone turned me onto
SVEDKA
9.95 for the 750
and
18.95 for the 1.5 Liter...
Tatse the same and NO HANGOVER or HEADACHE in the morning.....

Kachina26
04-15-2006, 05:05 PM
GOOSE IS A WASTE OF MONEY...
AFTER drinking it for along time, Someone turned me onto
SVEDKA
9.95 for the 750
and
18.95 for the 1.5 Liter...
Tatse the same and NO HANGOVER or HEADACHE in the morning.....
I have a bed for you...............................

a catered life
04-15-2006, 06:29 PM
i started drinking vodka :crossx: (the usualy stuff-goose and belevede) about 4-5 years ago and also fell in love with it :rolleyes: .....until recently i gave a christmas party :220v: (those who were there will agree with this) and i hosted a vodka tasteing bar :220v: with about 12 different chilled vodkas, needless to say the vodka my bartender told me to buy was hands down the best vodka i have ever had :rollside: ..its called "ciroc" slender, light blue colored tall bottle, kinda hard to find cause everyone doesn't carry it :yuk: , but worth the hunt...this stuff is made from french grapes not potatoes :yuk: or grains :yuk: like most vodkas distilled 5 times and the best part is it doesnt burn when you take shots and trust me i have taken a shit load of shots :cool: .......we keep a full bar at home all the time but only drink the ciroc now.....its smoother than all the other crap out there and about the same price at goose...try it and let me know :p

DRMCAT
04-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Mr. Drmcat said he wouldn't pay for Grey Goose because it's too expensive. If he bought it, I'm drinking the whole bottle and not replacing it this weekend......J/K
I'll tell you, it's better than anything else out there. Well worth the $$$$..We get our at SAMS for $44.00 for the BIG bottle.........Can't wait til tomorrow to have a little Goose and Rock-Star..
You are Damn right. Why pay for that when you can get Absolut for 25 bucks per 1.75 and get 5 free gallons of gas with each purchase for the difference!
Gotta support the habit any and every way possible!

jbtrailerjim
04-15-2006, 10:27 PM
I get mine for free, I send Jordy to the check out with a big tube of KY and a squash and the cashier is too flustered to notice me leaving the store with a case under each arm.
LOL.....Glad to see Jordy is helpin a fellow Hot Boater out. :D

Sotally Tober
04-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks everyone for all the different ones that are good. I'll write them down for a trip to the liquor store tomorrow. I just hate buying ones that taste like crap. Lately I have been drinking a lot more Vodka than beer.

a catered life
04-16-2006, 08:03 PM
beer :yuk: why drink something that takes so long to get you there and makes you feel like you had 3 gallons of water