PDA

View Full Version : What the heck happened last night in Beaumont?!

MagicMtnDan
10-31-2004, 05:48 PM
Beaumont, CA (Oct. 31) - Police in riot gear used pepper spray early Sunday to clear thousands of Halloween revelers out of downtown Beaumont after members of the crowd started a small fire.
Officers arrested 250 people, mostly for city ordinance violations, police spokeswoman Emily Samson said. Last year, more than 300 people were arrested.
Meanwhile, SWAT teams in Boulder, Colo., arrested 18 people wearing Halloween costumes for throwing rocks and bottles at police. Officers had been sent to check reports of underage drinking in a crowd of about 1,500 people.
In Beaumont, the crowd peaked at about 75,000 shortly after midnight for the annual party that attracts hot boat enthusiasts from across western US and Canada. By 1:30 a.m., about 5,000 people remained, police said.
As police on horseback tried to disperse the crowd, some of the revelers threw objects, started fights, lit the small fire on the ground and set off firecrackers and smoke bombs.
Some windows were broken but there was no serious property damage, Samson said.
Fifteen to 20 people were treated for exposure. One police officer was injured and a state trooper was taken to a hospital after an apparent heart attack, she said.
Police also arrested about 160 when an estimated 20,000 people gathered the previous night.
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0a/01/20041031150209990003

PlyaPlya22
10-31-2004, 09:55 PM
The Schiat was FAWKIN out of control!!

Boozer
10-31-2004, 10:00 PM
The cops in Beaumont are dicks. They blew things WAY out of proportion. The small fire they speak of was the cherry on topless's cig. They take the no smoking sh*t WAY to seriously in this state and especially in Beaumont. You light up a crack pipe in that town and they write you a ticket light up a cig and your ass is getting pepper sprayed, beat down, and hog tied.

topless
11-01-2004, 03:56 AM
The cops in Beaumont are dicks. They blew things WAY out of proportion. The small fire they speak of was the cherry on topless's cig. They take the no smoking sh*t WAY to seriously in this state and especially in Beaumont. You light up a crack pipe in that town and they write you a ticket light up a cig and your ass is getting pepper sprayed, beat down, and hog tied.And I still CAN'T FIND MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boozer
11-01-2004, 08:19 AM
And I still CAN'T FIND MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ohhhhhhh Shiiiittt! You ran it WAY TO HARD in Beaumont Topless.

Debbolas
11-01-2004, 08:20 AM
Was it the cherries soaked in Everclear? :D

MagicMtnDan
11-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Looks like the Beaumont sniper got me. Gave me a red chiclet just for posting this thread. Of course it's someone who doesn't even have the cojones to provide their name. Gutless coward. :boxingguy