PDA

View Full Version : Havasu internet service??

H20Advantage
04-15-2006, 08:43 AM
What have you local Havasuvians and 2nd home owners been using for internet service in Havasu?
Everytime we come out here I either have to use dial up and want to pull my hair out or take a trip to the library and use theirs. Oh and watch out for the library security guy with the Abe Lincoln beard. He is a stickler for the rules.. :rolleyes: :p :p
I finally bit the bullet and got NPG cable internet and set the house up on wireless. Besides having built my life around it and my wife is also working on her Masters degree and does some school work while we are here.
Actually it seems to be pretty fast and with the Lynksis network I can sit in the boat in the boatport and surf if I wanted. I thought about installing a couple of the wireless cameras for when we are away so I can check the property and help justify the cost. Internet and security.
Damn neighbors don't have any open nodes and I can't surf on their coat tails. Got a signal once but it was secured.. :yuk:

BoatPI
04-15-2006, 09:27 AM
I go the the new coffee shop at the southside Basha's once a day. They hare very cool and have an open wireless net going. Good coffee too.

1Shockwaveguy
04-15-2006, 01:56 PM
What have you local Havasuvians and 2nd home owners been using for internet service in Havasu?
Everytime we come out here I either have to use dial up and want to pull my hair out or take a trip to the library and use theirs. Oh and watch out for the library security guy with the Abe Lincoln beard. He is a stickler for the rules.. :rolleyes: :p :p
I finally bit the bullet and got NPG cable internet and set the house up on wireless. Besides having built my life around it and my wife is also working on her Masters degree and does some school work while we are here.
Actually it seems to be pretty fast and with the Lynksis network I can sit in the boat in the boatport and surf if I wanted. I thought about installing a couple of the wireless cameras for when we are away so I can check the property and help justify the cost. Internet and security.
Damn neighbors don't have any open nodes and I can't surf on their coat tails. Got a signal once but it was secured.. :yuk:
Frontier DSL service. Same bill as your telephone too. I pay $30 a month but I got a package deal

lalhc
04-15-2006, 04:26 PM
I purchased a "Bundled" package w/Frontier which includes local phone service, DSL, and DishNetwork for $99. It makes it easier for me to pay just one bill.

Ion
04-16-2006, 08:27 AM
NPG Cable with a Netgear wireless router. As long as you're running a fairly modern processor, this is the best consumer option, IMO.