PDA

View Full Version : Should HB Get Rid Of Rep Points???

RiverKitty
11-14-2004, 06:45 PM
So whadaya think???
Not sure if HB will comply...but just curious.

Jbb
11-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Tom would have a stroke....He is the sniper you know.... :D

repo man
11-14-2004, 06:58 PM
i don't care personaly, but idon't think they should be anonymous.it's just a way to say sh ity things to people and try to hurt them.

FRENCHIE
11-14-2004, 07:01 PM
they just need to make the persons name leaving rep appear!!!! :cool:

repo man
11-14-2004, 07:02 PM
they just need to make the persons name leaving rep appear!!!! :cool:
that would definitly stop the sh it talking

racecar.hotshoe
11-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Make it so you must sign them separate the men from the boys.

PHOTOGLOU
11-14-2004, 07:06 PM
just make everyone accountable for the green and red chicklets

WILDERTHANU
11-14-2004, 07:07 PM
WTF ARE REP POINTS............

Tom Brown
11-14-2004, 07:07 PM
I don't know... I kind of like the current, anonymous system.

Jbb
11-14-2004, 07:08 PM
I don't know... I kind of like the current, anonymous system.
I imagine you would....comrade..... :lightsabe

Kim Hanson
11-14-2004, 07:25 PM
that would definitly stop the sh it talking
I don't think so, maybe slow it down :cool: .....( . )( . ).........What are points to us people? If you are one with who you are talking to, its cool ..right! Don't leave the the safe place , people will attack! Im a calm guy dude, but it won't stop... :cool:

Debbolas
11-14-2004, 07:26 PM
WTF ARE REP POINTS............
IF YOU GO DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OFF A POST, THERE IS LIKE A SCALE BETWEEN THE LIGHT AND THE CAUTION TRIANGLE.
CLICK IT AND YOU CAN GIVE THE POSTER A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE REP POINT. THE AMOUNT DEPENDS ON HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN POSTING AND HOW MANY POSTS YOU HAVE. YOU CAN ALSO LEAVE LITTLE NOTES AND YOUR NAME OR TOM BROWNS NAME.
:D

Tom Brown
11-14-2004, 07:42 PM
LMAO, Deb! :D :D :D

Debbolas
11-14-2004, 07:43 PM

speedracer
11-14-2004, 07:44 PM
I say keep them, but let us cash them in for cool prizes like subscriptions to Powerboat Magazine.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
11-14-2004, 07:53 PM
I say keep them, but let us cash them in for cool prizes like subscriptions to Powerboat Magazine.
LOL :D

Kilrtoy
11-14-2004, 07:55 PM
NICE,
I want my boat in both magazines.....

Some Kind Of Monster
11-14-2004, 09:05 PM
I think one of two scenarios should occur..
1.. Keep the points and install a mandatory signature system..
2.. Get rid of them..
I am kind of leaning towords "get rid of them".. They aren't being used for their intended purpose. IMO

rrrr
11-14-2004, 09:06 PM
I'm screaming along at + - 250 chicklet gimmes.... Whatever you guys think. I have always said what I wanted to say on HB, never considered my "rep" important...
Uh, love you all, you're cool.... :D :D

MsDrmr
11-14-2004, 09:10 PM
IF YOU GO DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OFF A POST, THERE IS LIKE A SCALE BETWEEN THE LIGHT AND THE CAUTION TRIANGLE.
CLICK IT AND YOU CAN GIVE THE POSTER A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE REP POINT. THE AMOUNT DEPENDS ON HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN POSTING AND HOW MANY POSTS YOU HAVE. YOU CAN ALSO LEAVE LITTLE NOTES AND YOUR NAME OR TOM BROWNS NAME.
why the yelling girl,,we hear ya. :D but I didn't get that, can you repeat that please,,,just one more time huh huh please :D :D :D :D
I don't care if they get rid of them or not, and it will not stop the negitive reps. I have had several that are not signed, that I dont get, it you have an opinion and it's strong enough to state, then stand behind it..I always have, I sign my pos and my neg (very very few neg)

Some Kind Of Monster
11-14-2004, 09:15 PM
The rep points are designed to show who has experience and knows what they are talking about right? Go in the tech forums and poke around. The guys with the knowledge that have been here forever have almost no rep and some don't even know about the system. Most don't even care actually. This isn't to say that those with high rep don't know what they are talking about. It is to say that many with little rep aren't getting the recognition they deserve. In other words the system is useless except for decorating your name for Christmas :rolleyes:

RiverKitty
11-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Well...it's tied 25/25. Kinda like starting at zero again. :rolleyes:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-14-2004, 09:35 PM
I couldn't care less either way. No vote from me.
On a side note, I had to show Jeff yesterday how to find his love/hate notes. Then he had to go back to those threads to remember what he even said.

MagicMtnDan
11-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Rep points are a waste of bandwidth. They're of value to no one. :220v:

ratso
11-14-2004, 10:02 PM
I normally don't check mine...but someone sent me a red one yesterday... :cry:

Evo22
11-14-2004, 10:05 PM
yea they are kinda useless, but people that like to :boxingguy about them makes for good reading ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-14-2004, 10:12 PM
That is true. I guess I've been lucky and haven't gotten any negatives. If I had, I may be upset too and want them gone. I'm sure my day will come. I'm always saying things that get my husband in trouble. :D
But you shouldn't be able to get away without signing them, or signing someone elses name. It should just automatically say who they came from. Then we wouldn't have anonymous scaredy cat men who hide behind the anonymity. Reminds me of the KKK. They spew all of this hate and filth and then hide behind a sheet so no one can see who they are, or the Islamic Fundamentalists that I see in the newpaper with their faces covered up. Same thing.

Tanker Ray
11-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Rep points are the main reason I don't participate!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-14-2004, 10:57 PM
You've been a member for almost a year, rep points have only been around for a couple of months. You have posted a total of 4 times. I think there's some other reason you don't participate. :D
If you just want to lurk, that's fine, but don't blame it on the rep point system.

JetBoatRich
11-15-2004, 02:24 AM
You've been a member for almost a year, rep points have only been around for a couple of months. You have posted a total of 4 times. I think there's some other reason you don't participate. :D
If you just want to lurk, that's fine, but don't blame it on the rep point system.
Nice and true :rolleyes:

topless
11-15-2004, 02:25 AM
Nice and true :rolleyes:And when JBR gives ya greens, you know it! :)

RiverOtter
11-15-2004, 03:57 AM
Nope, I think they are fun. Good way to meet new peeps.

NashvilleBound
11-15-2004, 05:04 AM
Nope, I think they are fun. Good way to meet new peeps.
Look at your member since date..then look at mine....hmmmm...I've been left in the dust. Did my move to TN affect my reputation?? I'm seriousely lagging in green....help....I need green and cant get up........ :mix: :mix: :mix:
jk....I think the reputation system is a good drama starter....ok, now give me green!

hoolign
11-15-2004, 05:12 AM
No, I don't think they should get rid of them, just if you give a neg rep point with out your siggy, you should be shipped over to martha stuart site automatically!

spectratoad
11-15-2004, 05:12 AM
Don't get rid of them.
I think they are kind of humorous. It is fun to see alot of people get so worked up about their rep points as if somehow it will truely effect reality. I think that they should be signed though. :boxingguy

RiverOtter
11-15-2004, 06:07 AM
Look at your member since date..then look at mine....hmmmm...I've been left in the dust. Did my move to TN affect my reputation?? I'm seriousely lagging in green....help....I need green and cant get up........ :mix: :mix: :mix:
jk....I think the reputation system is a good drama starter....ok, now give me green!
Sorry Nashville, tried to hit ya but the "powers that be" said I have to spread some more green to others. :redface:

Devilman
11-15-2004, 06:09 AM
Yeah, kinda like 50/50 mix of Saved by the Bell and wrassling! :D :D :rollside:

oldbuck40
11-15-2004, 06:35 AM
its always fun to watch the drama about the points!!!! hey devilman is it raining down there this morning????

Devilman
11-15-2004, 06:40 AM
Oh yeah. Just kind of a crappy drizzle though. Looks like it has set in for a bit. How about up there?

Sherpa
11-15-2004, 06:42 AM
isn't the fact already that 99% of this entire web page is BS stuff...
the TECH section only gets the remaining 1%................
so, people already know who the post-whores are, and most of that comes
from sandbar anyway...........
do away with the retarded "I'm more popular than you in 9th grade crap"
--Sherpa

oldbuck40
11-15-2004, 06:55 AM
right on sherpa! 9th grade is what it seems like,but like i said sometimes it fun to watch,,,and yep devilman its been one long rainy weekend! boring as hell!!!

Tom Brown
11-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Rep points are the main reason I don't participate!
Me too.

monkey rage frank
11-15-2004, 07:18 AM
I'm not sure how those work,but I do know a couple showed up on my user cp. I sort of linked them back to kilrtoy not sure but it made me not happy. I think you should be known if your goin to talk shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!God gave most two feet stand up on them if your goin to talk!!

BarryMac
11-15-2004, 07:22 AM
Shit can 'em, lot's of peeps use them as a status symbol when they really aren't worth anything...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-15-2004, 12:04 PM
That is true. I guess I've been lucky and haven't gotten any negatives. If I had, I may be upset too and want them gone. I'm sure my day will come. I'm always saying things that get my husband in trouble. :D
WAAAA WAAAAA! somebody got me exactly one minute after this post! LOL, I knew when I typed it that would happen.
"got one now. Damn"
Some fraidy cat got me!

GHTRIM
11-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Don't know what it is all about???? How to check them? What happens is you get bad ones and how do you know if someone gives you a good rep point? Do people leave comments as to why they left you bad ones or good ones? Sooooo many questions???????? To answer the question. I don't think it is all that important, I just have a good time visiting with everybody. :cool:

RiverDave
11-15-2004, 12:18 PM
I don't muhc care if they leave them or take them away.. LOL
But if they are going to take them away, I think they oughta reveal who's who for a couple of days before they lose em, and then let "cabin fever" officially begin for winter time.. LOL :D
RD

switchin'addiction
11-15-2004, 12:21 PM
But if they are going to take them away, I think they oughta reveal who's who for a couple of days before they lose em, and then let "cabin fever" officially begin for winter time.. LOL :D
RD
That would be interesting. :idea:

Her454
11-15-2004, 12:21 PM
I don't muhc care if they leave them or take them away.. LOL
RD
......the sounds of a distant drum............ :argue: :cry:

Tom Brown
11-15-2004, 12:23 PM
I just want to say that any day I receive a rep comment in which the commentor calls me, "sweet cheeks"... is a good day. :D
Thanks, Jordy. :cool: http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Trigger
11-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Well I don't think they add anything to the board, but there are also worthless people that don't add a thing to society except a tax expense for their welfare check and we can't seem to get rid of them. So I guess we can survive with them. I don't understand why if someone doesn't like what someone posts in a certain thread, they don't just type a response in the same thread with their opinions. No need to do it behind closed doors. This seems to be what most of you are complaining about anyway (they give red chicks with a nasty comment about a post and don't sign it). Do away with the rep points and let someone post their opinion for all to see. That will seperate the men from the boys (and the women from the girls) and see how many harsh comments will be posted then. Very simple. Either grow thick skin and don't even comment on the red chicklets you recieve (which is what these secret posters want anyway) or do away with them all together.

topless
11-15-2004, 12:38 PM
I have never complained about any of the ones I've gotten. :D They're all from Tom anyway and it kinda turns me when he gets agressive like that.

Troubles No More
11-15-2004, 01:24 PM
I do not think rep points should be anonymous.
I support the right to free speech and expression.. I also think that you need to stand up for what you believe and sign your name to your views.
As I was told a long time ago
“Words can hurt. Words can heal. Therefore it is of the utmost importance that we pay attention to our words.”
My .02

AleAlchemist
11-15-2004, 01:33 PM
I think they should change color occordingto your mode.
Like those Horny rings! :p

Trigger
11-15-2004, 01:43 PM
They're all from Tom anyway and it kinda turns me when he gets agressive like that.
Turns you like...? He turns your stomach? :)

topless
11-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Turns you like...? He turns your stomach? :)
LOL I meant it turns me on!

Trigger
11-15-2004, 01:56 PM
LOL I meant it turns me on!
:wink: :cool: :shift:

Debbolas
11-15-2004, 02:27 PM
I guess Holy Moly didn't like my yelling...........he gave me a red for helping out WILDERTHANU unless it was an..................imposter. I can't see Holy Moly giving me a red?!

SHOTKALLIN
11-15-2004, 02:56 PM
losers get upset over rep points. I guess I can I get some red ones for that statement.

Kim Hanson
11-15-2004, 06:49 PM
I say if you give red ( ya piece of shit) leave your name, I will return your call........( . )( . )..........I promise, tell me to cut my hair is uncouth :devil:

topless
11-15-2004, 07:19 PM
I say if you give red ( ya piece of shit) leave your name, I will return your call........( . )( . )..........I promise, tell me to cut my hair is uncouth :devil:
Cut your hair......it's so uncouth. LMAO :argue:

Kim Hanson
11-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Cut your hair......it's so uncouth. LMAO :argue:
I don't ask you girls to do augmentation :D ......( . )( . )......... :messedup:

Tom Brown
11-15-2004, 08:54 PM
I don't ask you girls to do augmentation :D ......( . )( . )......... :messedup:
In her case, there's absolutely no need. Topless is rack-o-licious.

Dr. Eagle
11-15-2004, 09:02 PM
LMAO... my kind of guy... living dangerously! :D

Kim Hanson
11-15-2004, 09:10 PM
In her case, there's absolutely no need. Topless is rack-o-licious.
I seen Tom, but I think those are suck- tat- chewuliouious :wink: .........( . )( . )........ :wink:

topless
11-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Uhhh are you guys staring at my breasts that I keep covered and try to minimize? :confused: :confused: :confused:

oldbuck40
11-16-2004, 06:49 AM
somebody please give me a red so i can cry about it and move on! pretty silly isnt it.........

topless
11-16-2004, 07:38 AM
somebody please give me a red so i can cry about it and move on! pretty silly isnt it.........
Damn it! no red for you..........cry baby. :D :supp:

Tom Brown
11-16-2004, 07:41 AM
Uhhh are you guys staring at my breasts that I keep covered and try to minimize? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Yes. :cool:
To help you feel comfortable, I'll make a point of always wearing mirrored sunglasses when you're around. :)

topless
11-16-2004, 07:42 AM
Yes. :cool:
To help you feel comfortable, I'll make a point of always wearing mirrored sunglasses when you're around. :)
You're such a giver. :rollside:

Tom Brown
11-16-2004, 07:44 AM
Giving makes me happy. :)

oldbuck40
11-16-2004, 07:48 AM
at least there are some people that arent scared to sign there name :D

topless
11-16-2004, 07:48 AM
Giving makes me happy. :)
Give oldbuck40 some red rep points so he'll quit whining. :confused:

Tom Brown
11-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Done. http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/html/emoticons/cool1.gif

topless
11-16-2004, 07:54 AM
Hey oldbuck40 Waxahachie huh? Thats where my gynacologist lives. Perhaps you know him.

oldbuck40
11-16-2004, 07:56 AM
not whining! just stiring the pot! thanks guys! :)

topless
11-16-2004, 07:57 AM
not whining! just stiring the pot! thanks guys! :)
Here to please! LOL

RiverToysJas
11-16-2004, 08:00 AM
I think too many people don't understand what a reputation is.
The best evidence of reputation is a man's whole life. --Ames.
This whole deal about rep points being signed or not signed is not the point of a reputation. The law of big numbers will tell the tail of who you are in the long run. Even if they are signed only the person getting them knows who signed them, and it doesn't matter. Same with the comments, they are for the person getting the feedback only. All the public sees is the final tally, and it's not even clear to see or understand. Reputation is the bigger picture of ones life, or (in this case) the way one posts. It shouldn't be taken on a case by case basis.
I understand people are abusing the system and using it bash others for personal reasons, but even that will be balanced out in the long run if it's an anomaly. If several people are doing that to someone, you are left no choice but to wonder about their reputation, and ultimately their character. Isn't that the point of the system?
I have red dots, just like most of us do, but I also know I have character flaws show up in my posts from time to time. ;)
Just my .02....
RTJas :D

oldbuck40
11-16-2004, 08:04 AM
I think too many people don't understand what a reputation is.
The best evidence of reputation is a man's whole life. --Ames.
This whole deal about rep points being signed or not signed is not the point of a reputation. The law of big numbers will tell the tail of who you are in the long run. Even if they are signed only the person getting them knows who signed them, and it doesn't matter. Same with the comments, they are for the person getting the feedback only. All the public sees is the final tally, and it's not even clear to see or understand. Reputation is the bigger picture of ones life, or (in this case) the way one posts. It shouldn't be taken on a case by case basis.
I understand people are abusing the system and using it bash others for personal reasons, but even that will be balanced out in the long run if it's an anomaly. If several people are doing that to someone, you are left no choice but to wonder about their reputation, and ultimately their character. Isn't that the point of the system?
I have red dots, just like most of us do, but I also know I have character flaws show up in my posts from time to time. ;)
Just my .02....
RTJas :DWELL SAID!

topless
11-16-2004, 08:05 AM
I have character flaws show up in my posts from time to time. ;)
Just my .02....
Say it isn't so. :confused:

RiverToysJas
11-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Say it isn't so. :confused:
LOL!
"If we claim to post without flaw, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. ."
1 John 1:18 ~ sorta ;) :D