PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Boats?

Kahuna
11-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Anyone have an opinion about Cheetah Boats? They sell their 29 foot Offshore model for 51K, not sure what power package if any.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/6/76628106.htmCheetah (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/6/76628106.htm) :2purples:

dicudmore
11-15-2004, 04:51 PM
moving bigger already?? :D
the 29' is 59K (approx) with 496HO
I've got one and love it :D
What would you like to know?

THOR
11-15-2004, 04:54 PM
What size prop do you run?

dicudmore
11-15-2004, 04:56 PM
What size prop do you run?
who? you talkin' to me?
23-p Revolution 4-blade. Haven't done much prop testing yet. And didn't get a chance to do a speed run in the cold, salt sat ;)

THOR
11-15-2004, 05:04 PM
That is too small Dan. You need at least a 28P.

dicudmore
11-15-2004, 05:10 PM
funny you mention that bud....I was thinking of trying a 28 on it.....
After I add a couple hundred more horsepower. Don't tell FRENCHIE, its a surprise :wink:

Phat Matt
11-15-2004, 05:13 PM
funny you mention that bud....I was thinking of trying a 28 on it.....
After I add a couple hundred more horsepower. Don't tell FRENCHIE, its a surprise :wink:
I have a spare bravo 1 26 if you want to try it.

tamalewagon
11-15-2004, 05:13 PM
There's a 28P listed in "***boats" section of the forums.

LHC30Victory
11-15-2004, 05:21 PM
help me finance my P5X's and i'll have TWO spares - one for each way.
Does that mean my boat is bi???

dicudmore
11-15-2004, 05:22 PM
why did we hijack this guys question thread without anyone (but me) giving an opinion?? :yuk:
Kahuna, hit me up if you want a ride.
That goes for you too THOR :cool:

shadow
11-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Are you sure about that. :confused:
:idea: I,m thinking a 26p is max for the 496HO and that would be early in the season or this time of year,while the water is colder and the outside temps are cooler.
THOR, Not trying to contridict you,I just judging by what my 496HO works with.I could be wrong. :)

HYPNAUTIC
11-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Tic - Toc
If you want a Cheetah better put in an order soon. Took just over 4 months from the time i ordered it to get mine. Bob and Larry said they have never been that busy before.

11-15-2004, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=dicudmore]funny you mention that bud....I was thinking of trying a 28 on it.....
I got a labbed 26 you can try! OH Wait.......................

dicudmore
11-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Are you sure about that. :confused:
:idea: I,m thinking a 26p is max for the 496HO and that would be early in the season or this time of year,while the water is colder and the outside temps are cooler.
THOR, Not trying to contridict you,I just judging by what my 496HO works with.I could be wrong. :)
surely you know about THOR and props :wink: :cool:

shadow
11-15-2004, 05:37 PM
why did we hijack this guys question thread without anyone (but me) giving an opinion?? :yuk:
Kahuna, hit me up if you want a ride.
That goes for you too THOR :cool:
You want my opinion? :D
Just kidding Dan, Kahuna i've heard of alot of happy Cheetah owners and i would say the two to ask would be Dicudmore & Hot Diggity dog. they are both Cheetah owners and are respected around these parts.

THOR
11-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Just kidding Dan, Kahuna i've heard of alot of happy Cheetah owners and i would say the two to ask would be Dicudmore & Hot Diggity dog. they are both Cheetah owners and are respected around these parts.
I was only kidding Shadow. This prop joke goes WAYYYYYY back.

dicudmore
11-15-2004, 05:43 PM
you know I'll listen to your opinion, and thank you :D
Did you see J-bones new shockwave that is an Ultra knock-off?? John W did :D and asked if they wanted interior pics too so it could match :D

shadow
11-15-2004, 05:45 PM
I was only kidding Shadow. This prop joke goes WAYYYYYY back.
My bad! Thats good cause actually i was thinking what the **** is Thor thinking. :D

jbtrailerjim
11-15-2004, 05:46 PM
surely you know about THOR and props :wink: :cool:
You know what he always tell's us. If ya wanna go faster.......Ya just need a bigger prop. Right????? ;) :D

dicudmore
11-15-2004, 05:49 PM
You know what he always tell's us. If ya wanna go faster.......Ya just need a bigger prop. Right????? ;) :D
when in doubt, prop up :D

surfer2001
11-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Anyone have an opinion about Cheetah Boats? They sell their 29 foot Offshore model for 51K, not sure what power package if any.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/6/76628106.htmCheetah (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/6/76628106.htm) :2purples:
you get what you pay for, nuff said

MOBrien
11-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Kahuna,
We picked up our 24' Stiletto tunnel early this year and love it. It's our first boat and it's certainly served us well thus far. Of course Cheetah isn't exactly known for stellar finish work like you get on a DCB or something... but for the dough it's a fantastic product. Now, I can't say I have experience with the 29', but would recommend Cheetah to anyone trying to avoid a pricetag like that which goes with the high-end builders. You could have one amazing 29' offshore rig for under 70K.....loaded to the gils with a big motor & lots of goodies.
If you have any specific Q's about Cheetah in general, feel free to PM me.
Good luck & keep us posted on your choice.
-MOB(happy Cheetah owner)

MOBrien
11-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Surfer,
Have you owned a Cheetah before? I'm wondering what gave you such a strong negative impression. Since we just got ours this year I'm still learning about this sucker and would love to know what you know so I can avoid any potential issues down the road.
Thanks if you can give a heads-up on something. :idea:
-MOB

LHC30Victory
11-15-2004, 06:15 PM
OH yeah, he asked for opinions....
Only experience was a 24 fast cat. Nice ride, good finish. wasn't mine but the owner love it. Would definitely get another.
Now, about those props :messedup:

THOR
11-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Its not that tough. Jim is on board now. :cool:

THOR
11-15-2004, 07:49 PM
You are right; a 29'er with good power and loaded. How can you beat that?
Sure looks like a nordic in your sig surfer. How do you have an Cheetah opinion?

dicudmore
11-15-2004, 10:42 PM
You are right; a 29'er with good power and loaded. How can you beat that?
Sure looks like a nordic in your sig surfer. How do you have an Cheetah opinion?
Hey, we can't all have production Nodics :D
I personally couldn't afford a Rage is how I got turned on to some other builders. That was my first choice. Now after driving a Rage, Heat and a Tremor, I'm glad I picked what I did....Perfect for me and my crew.

kevin@riversideCA.
11-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Kahuna, I saw your post and even though I don't have many posts myself, I am a Cheetah owner, so I'll share my opinion with you. I own a Cheetah CX29 and I love it! It rides like a Cadillac. Mine is set up with the open bow, K-planes and the 496HO. I run a Mer 4 blade prop (#23) and it runs between 64-65 GPS. Not the fastest boat on the lake, but it is definitely comfortable. My Cheetah is a 2003 model and they have only made minor interior changes. As for the 05's, your looking around $59,000 for the 29CX with a 496 HO and I would recommend the mid-cuddy/open bow and K planes. This would put you around 65K, but it's winter call Bob and talk turkey! Anyway you have a lot of choices out there, but if money is an issue, I definitely would consider that 29CX. I’m thinking about buying a 2005! I’m about 10 minutes from lake Elsinore, so if you would like a ride, email me @ kevinroxy@aol.com and we will set it up.

MOBrien
11-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Awe damn, THOR & Dicudmore beat me back to the topic...........
You're right "surfer". Nordic's carry a big price tag & I hear they actually appreciate in value. Pfft. Whatever. "ya get what you pay for" usually comes from someone rollin in a DCB, MTI, Skater, Cigarette, Hustler, Nor-tech or something....not a Nordic coming off a production line. Are those flame graphics stick-on vinyl? They can at least back up the statement if they're class-less enough to use it in the context of putting down someone else's stuff. But it's usually used when an owner of one of those talks about how much they paid for the damn thing...."ya get what you pay for. It better be that tight for the price of a 4 bdrm house."
Thanks for your comment though.
:2purples: :mad: :argue: :mad: :2purples:

Kilrtoy
11-15-2004, 11:20 PM
This is getting good,
I would like to know where I can buy a 4 bedroom house in SOCal for 165K
I dont want to live in Beaumont either.
Whatever. "ya get what you pay for" usually comes from someone rollin in a DCB, MTI, Skater, Cigarette, Hustler, Nor-tech or something...
Usually that is coming from HALLET owners with their noses in the air, people who own the above mentioned boats don't usually brag about it.....

MOBrien
11-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Usually that is coming from HALLET owners with their noses in the air, people who own the above mentioned boats don't usually brag about it.....
Well, I don't know anything about Hallet owners, But not braggin about your equipment or how hot you think you are is exactly what I meant. It's like the sideline convo between two long-time buds.
Picture it:::
"Dude, what'd ya pay for this thing? Come on, give it up"
"Bro, you wouldn't believe me if I told you. It doesn't matter"
"Man it is freakin perfect. The wiring, the gel, the stiching...You've got the baddest focken boat around"
"Shit man, it better be. Ya get what you pay for....and i'm outta my mind with what we spent"
"kinda fun though huh........let's go tear it up to 150, you drive this time."
ya follow me?

Kilrtoy
11-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Yes I do and I have had that same conversation

MOBrien
11-15-2004, 11:44 PM
that's the context of ..... yeah I spent it, know it may have been foolish, but shhhh, let's go have some fun while we can.
not the context of......anything other than mine is garbage.

Kilrtoy
11-15-2004, 11:57 PM
But remember this, ALL BOATS ARE OVER PRICED AND A SCAM, but fun doesnt come cheap

Ducatista
11-16-2004, 12:22 AM
Since you asked for an opinion on Cheetah boats, and I am an owner of a 29CX, I will give you my opinion. I have the sixth 29CX out of the mold, the first open bow/center cudy Bob was asked to build. I have some experience with this boat. It has a fine ride, has held up very well, and we could not be happier. I use it year round at Havasu, and have put a ton of hours on her in the last 5 years. She runs 60-65 depending on conditions and weight(gas, passengers, dogs etc), this with 5 deep cycle batt's & stereo equipt and a stock 502mag mpi/B1. I turn a 23p mirage plus 3 blade prop, and added k-planes, closed cooling and silent choice options when I bought it new in 1999. It was/is alot of boat for the money, and is a good alternative to some of the other boats that cost more, if that works for you. It did for us. The fit & finish is good, the rigging is good, but in no way up to the quality of a Hallet, as an example. It's all about choices, and our Cheetah has been a good choice for us. I would recomend a Cheetah to anyone based on my experience. Good luck with you're shopping......

MOBrien
11-16-2004, 09:24 AM
But remember this, ALL BOATS ARE OVER PRICED AND A SCAM, but fun doesnt come cheap
Break
Out
Another
Thousand
and another.....and another.......and another.....and another......for as long as you own it. You are absolutely correct. Ya gotta pay to play & I'm good with it.
As for Cheetah. We love ours too. If we don't go into cats for our next ride, a 29CX is what we may go with. Great boat at a great price.
-MOB

THOR
11-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Since you asked for an opinion on Cheetah boats, and I am an owner of a 29CX, I will give you my opinion. I have the sixth 29CX out of the mold, the first open bow/center cudy Bob was asked to build. I have some experience with this boat. It has a fine ride, has held up very well, and we could not be happier. I use it year round at Havasu, and have put a ton of hours on her in the last 5 years. She runs 60-65 depending on conditions and weight(gas, passengers, dogs etc), this with 5 deep cycle batt's & stereo equipt and a stock 502mag mpi/B1. I turn a 23p mirage plus 3 blade prop, and added k-planes, closed cooling and silent choice options when I bought it new in 1999. It was/is alot of boat for the money, and is a good alternative to some of the other boats that cost more, if that works for you. It did for us. The fit & finish is good, the rigging is good, but in no way up to the quality of a Hallet, as an example. It's all about choices, and our Cheetah has been a good choice for us. I would recomend a Cheetah to anyone based on my experience. Good luck with you're shopping......
Ducatista,
Post a pic of your ride. I would like to see a 29 Cheetah with an open bow.

dicudmore
11-16-2004, 10:18 AM
jjfosterj's open bow
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1366Dsc00906-med.jpg
Kevin_Riverside's open bow
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1438favorite_boat_picture.jpg
jjfosterj again
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/512/1366s_118.jpg

syke-o
11-16-2004, 10:37 AM
any pics of the cuddy area?? i have spent many hours on 24rods 24' Cheetah and the boat has held up well.... plus bob has handled all the little things that come up without any hesitiation... for the money, you cant beat it!!

dicudmore
11-16-2004, 10:42 AM
any pics of the cuddy area?? i have spent many hours on 24rods 24' Cheetah and the boat has held up well.... plus bob has handled all the little things that come up without any hesitiation... for the money, you cant beat it!!
I got some pics of my closed bow interior....that help??

syke-o
11-16-2004, 10:45 AM
I got some pics of my closed bow interior....that help??
ya it would... thanks.. i am sure myself as others would like to see some pics of the open/cuddy area as well.... the website has little to offer as far as pics go :(

dicudmore
11-16-2004, 11:07 AM
29' interior....not a lot of frills :cry:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385int6.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385int5.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385int4.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385int3.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385int2.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385mohave_021.jpg

THOR
11-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Were you droppin the hammer Dan? 65 mph in the bottom pic. :cool:

syke-o
11-16-2004, 11:20 AM
thanks for the pics!!!!

dicudmore
11-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Were you droppin the hammer Dan? 65 mph in the bottom pic. :cool:
lake mohave, june 21. 100+ degrees. Bimini up :wink: and WFO :D

carreraboat
11-16-2004, 12:47 PM
2440 you sure have a postive out look on your unfortunate situation
good luck with the insurance dealio

SCUBA STEVE
11-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Your already dumping the 21? I would love to as well but just can't swing it.
If I could quote something Bordsmnj said, "The day I bought a 21' boat, everyone else bought a 29' :p :D
Good luck, I have heard from many Cheetah threads & owners they have cleaned up their act from years past. :redface:

Sleek-Jet
11-16-2004, 01:07 PM
If I could quote something Bordsmnj said, "The day I bought a 21' boat, everyone else bought a 29' :p :D
Good luck, I have heard from many Cheetah threads & owners they have cleaned up their act from years past. :redface:
Don't worry Scuba, you need a short boat to pull behind the short bus. :D

Ducatista
11-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Ducatista,
Post a pic of your ride. I would like to see a 29 Cheetah with an open bow. Sorry for the delay, I worked all night. Cheetah (http://www.cheetahboatmfg.com/offshore.htm)
I don't have any pic's of the interior, but it is really nice. It has drop out bolsters, the graphics on the boat flow into the upholstry. The cudy has seating for 4 adults, a small kitchen w/sink, and a tv/dvd built in. The open bow is big & roomy with a big anchor locker. I paid extra for the bolsters but everything else was part of the package back in 1999. I don't know if Bob charges a little more for the open box version now. He didn't back then, but it was his first one. All in all it's been very good to us.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/886Havasu.jpg

Kahuna
11-16-2004, 01:34 PM
My 21 is great, I will most likly keep for another year. By that time I should be ready for a bigger boat. After you get six adults and a couple kids on the 21 there not much room left. But the 21 is real easy to get around, a 29 is going to take a lot more effort to get in and out of places.
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

SMFRiverRat
11-16-2004, 01:44 PM
I like that 29. Might have to sell the 24 and get one of those.

purrfecttremor
11-16-2004, 02:15 PM
my neighbor took del on a new 24 last week.took it to hav.ill ask
him how it went tonight.

98 Vector 21
11-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Kahuna,
We picked up our 24' Stiletto tunnel early this year and love it. It's our first boat and it's certainly served us well thus far. Of course Cheetah isn't exactly known for stellar finish work like you get on a DCB or something... but for the dough it's a fantastic product. Now, I can't say I have experience with the 29', but would recommend Cheetah to anyone trying to avoid a pricetag like that which goes with the high-end builders. You could have one amazing 29' offshore rig for under 70K.....loaded to the gils with a big motor & lots of goodies.
If you have any specific Q's about Cheetah in general, feel free to PM me.
Good luck & keep us posted on your choice.
-MOB(happy Cheetah owner)
I am somewhat familar with the Cheetah 29...(helped Dan from falling over when he wrote that check for the whole thing)Then drove him to the bar! I was also there on that madden voyage and many since then I still cant find the 30k to 40k differance period!

MOBrien
11-16-2004, 09:33 PM
I like that 29. Might have to sell the 24 and get one of those.
Oh stop it Erik.......you do and I will too! :p :p :p

dicudmore
11-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Oh stop it Erik.......you do and I will too! :p :p :p
now you're talkin :D
Step up boys :D

MOBrien
11-16-2004, 09:44 PM
now you're talkin :D
Step up boys :D
ok, I like your enthusiasm but..........you're not helping :D
especially since you're talking about how your 29er is a bit small for big blue. does she know you feel that way about her? :eek: :D :D

dicudmore
11-16-2004, 10:24 PM
ok, I like your enthusiasm but..........you're not helping :D
especially since you're talking about how your 29er is a bit small for big blue. does she know you feel that way about her? :eek: :D :D
oh she knows she's loved.....
you had a ride in one yet? you bringing warm clothes turkey weekend??

Ryphraph
11-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Kahuna, I know what you need to do! You could buy the house behind your garage and knock out the wall and park it at your place. Next I will buy a bigger truck to get it around. As far as being more to handle pulling into the bar, I am sure you will figure it out.
Ryph

SMFRiverRat
11-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Oh stop it Erik.......you do and I will too!
Sweet...just got a preliminary "ok" from the Boss!

dicudmore
11-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Sweet...just got a preliminary "ok" from the Boss!
do it, pull the trigger :wink:

purrfecttremor
11-17-2004, 09:40 PM
my neighbor took del on a new 24 last week.took it to hav.ill ask
him how it went tonight.
i talked to my neighbors son tonight & they took it out sat & sun.only a minor sterio prob but everything was good real good until [bam]what the fok was that.will as most of us know the water is a little shallow this time of year around topoc & yes he broke his skage & prop.OUCH!ITS IN FOR REPAIR BUT SO FAR HE SAYS ITS AWESOME.
nice interior dan.

dicudmore
11-17-2004, 09:43 PM
i talked to my neighbors son tonight & they took it out sat & sun.only a minor sterio prob but everything was good real good until [bam]what the fok was that.will as most of us know the water is a little shallow this time of year around topoc & yes he broke his skage & prop.OUCH!ITS IN FOR REPAIR BUT SO FAR HE SAYS ITS AWESOME.
nice interior dan.
Ouch is right!! Maybe I won't be going up there anytime soon :idea:
Thanks ;)

purrfecttremor
11-17-2004, 09:49 PM
HELL NO dont have extra prop laying around

moneypit
11-17-2004, 11:53 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/84Cheetah_2003.jpg
2003 with about 50 hours. 496HO. No problems. I could have spent more for a boat. But for the 4-5 trips that I plan on using it each year, I felt it was a great buy. Bob is very easy to deal with... I think he builds a good boat. The boat rides very nice.
I wish that he would offer more as far as options. He will put any color carpet in just as long as its grey. The ski locker door gets stepped on alot and I think he should use a stronger bracket and door hinge. I think he presents a good boat and is worth every penny I spent on it. I just wish he had a little more latitude on the upgrades.
Part of Bobs problem is that he just doesnt give shit about advertising what he makes. He doesnt get any press or even try to get press on his boat. He figures he's busy and doesnt need the fluff points. You will never see him at a boat show or in Hot Boat mag. Heck you wont even see any websites with a link to his. His website looks like he built it.
He finally had a regatta this year. He didnt even show up to the dinner (went to bed cause he was to tired).
If you want a "brand name" you will surely pay for it. Bob has built boats for decades.

dicudmore
11-18-2004, 07:51 AM
hey, nice boat ;)