PDA

View Full Version : Is this bullshit or what?

topless
11-16-2004, 12:49 PM
I go to the local deli on sunday to order sandwiches that are usually the bomb and they ask me if I want tomatoes on them for 75 cents extra. Whats up with that? I thought you had to say cut the tomatoes if you DIDN'T want them. :jawdrop:

Unforgiven
11-16-2004, 12:51 PM
I go to the local deli on sunday to order sandwiches that are usually the bomb and they ask me if I want tomatoes on them for 75 cents extra. Whats up with that? I thought you had to say cut the tomatoes if you DIDN'T want them. :jawdrop:
Babe, if ya just came back to the races on Sunday...you couldve had a SPECIAL TREAT :D :sqeyes: :D :mix:

topless
11-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Babe, if ya just came back to the races on Sunday...you couldve had a SPECIAL TREAT :D :sqeyes: :D :mix:Sweetheart, you wore me out Saturday...........I don't think I would have survived another day. :eek:

Sane Asylum
11-16-2004, 12:52 PM
NO Soup for YOU!!! :eat: You pay or go. Go to the back of the line NOW.

topless
11-16-2004, 12:54 PM
NO Soup for YOU!!! :eat: You pay or go. Go to the back of the line NOW.
This is an AMERICAN deli. You are typing with an accent. :hammerhea

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Must have been the Soup Nazi.

Unforgiven
11-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Sweetheart, you wore me out Saturday...........I don't think I would have survived another day. :eek:
if your ready for another session...I AM!!!! Baby needs some lovin!!!!

It's Only Money
11-16-2004, 12:56 PM
This is an AMERICAN deli. You are typing with an accent. :hammerhea
Is there such a thing? Are you sure it is not owned by one of those Deli Nazi types?

topless
if your ready for another session...I AM!!!! Baby needs some lovin!!!!
So does momma. :crossx:

oldbuck40
topless,,its that way here too,they claim the high prices are due to all the storms in florida,,,,sounds like a crock to me though!

Rod-64
11-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Our local Subway has a sign that says if they're out of some ingredients, it's due to the Florida hurricanes..............so maybe there's some truth to it.

Sleek-Jet
11-16-2004, 01:05 PM
I know last night at Dinner, I had the nastiest slice of tomato on the side of my Carne Asada burrito.

Rod-64
11-16-2004, 01:06 PM
On the other hand..........if you go to the same deli all the time, they should give you the darn tomatoes!
Where's the loyalty these days?????????? :notam:

topless
11-16-2004, 01:08 PM
I think there is a conspiracy going on. :hammerhea I have a shit load of tomatoes from my garden and they taste better anyway. :cool:

clownpuncher
11-16-2004, 01:19 PM
As mentioned in earlier posts prices of tomatoes HAVE gone up, drastically. Last time my produce guy (he's French) with a delivery I almost kicked him in the junk because of what he was charging for tomatoes. He did in fact say that HE had to pay more because of the rapid increase in price. "I am soo sorreeee Meester Roland, but zee prices are zoooming. I have no choice but to raise my prices as well. Do you like zee carrots?"
This increase has been attributed to the recent hurricanes. Supposedly they wiped out thousands and thousand of acres of crops, irrigation, equipment etc. Farmers are raising their prices to make up for the loss and the price gets transfered to the end user, you. It's a total bummer.
I'm sure your local deli is getting prices raised on them by their produce supplier. Hang in there, prices should start to decrease as supply becomes more abundant. Stand by for other produce to be on the rise as well.
I hate it too, but, for now I'm eating the loss. (was there some punn in there?)

It's Only Money
11-16-2004, 01:23 PM
It is like gasoline. Someone has it, you want it, they have a perceived shortage of raw material and voila! higher prices.

RP1
11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
they anticipate the prices dropping by January, but until then cut back on those red things.