PDA

View Full Version : TV & NFL Getting Lame

Red Eye
11-16-2004, 04:03 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - ABC apologized Tuesday for a steamy intro to "Monday Night Football" after receiving complaints from viewers and the NFL.
The spot featured a naked Nicollette Sheridan jumping into the arms of Terrell Owens.
Before the Philadelphia-Dallas game, ABC showed Owens and Sheridan in an empty locker room in an attempt to spoof the network hit "Desperate Housewives." Sheridan, who stars in the show, was wearing only a towel and provocatively asked Owens to skip the game for her.
After she dropped her towel, he agreed to be late for the contest and hugged her. Then the shot panned out to two more stars of "Desperate Housewives," Teri Hatcher and Felicity Huffman, watching the scene unfold on a television and commenting on desperate women.
"We have heard from many of our viewers about last night's MNF opening segment and we agree that the placement was inappropriate," ABC said in a statement. "We apologize."
The NFL called the intro "inappropriate and unsuitable for our 'Monday Night Football' audience."
The last quote is what gets me. WTF, I like seeing boobies. What NFL fan doesn't? :mad:

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 04:05 PM
The NFL called the intro "inappropriate and unsuitable for our 'Monday Night Football' audience."
WTF. Do they have turd burglars making these decisions now??? :mad:

HCS
11-16-2004, 04:08 PM
I sure don't see what the problem is.
What the hell is there to appoligize about and who too?

Red Eye
11-16-2004, 04:08 PM
The NFL allows the cheerleaders to wear their skimpy outfits (which I don't mind at all), but they say some B.S. like this. What a bunch of pussies worried about being fined by the FCC.

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 04:10 PM
What a bunch of pussies worried about being fined by the FCC.
I do believe we have a winner.

HCS
11-16-2004, 04:12 PM
What's with the FCC lately anyway? Who took over and all the sudden decided everything is bad for tv.

chub
11-16-2004, 04:29 PM
They should be more appoligetic [sp] for bast erdizing the greatest opening anthem in american history. Al Michaels needs to STF up when it's playing.
duhn duhn duhn duhn duhn dahhhhhhhh dun dun dun dun duhn duhn duhn duhn duhn duhn dah dun dun dahhhhhhhhhhhh
That' s my MTF .02 cents

Low B
11-16-2004, 04:31 PM
I missed it, does anyone have a link to the clip?

BajaMike
11-16-2004, 04:40 PM
I didn't see it but it sounds good to me.
Did anyone see the spot on the Lingerie Football league on the LA ABC station after the game?? Looks great....lingerie models playing full contact football!!!
:D

JetBoatRich
11-16-2004, 07:14 PM
I did turn it on in-time to see the sketch :cool: I found it funy
Funy T.O. still made it on-time for the game :cool: must not take him to long.................... :confused:

Raisin Wake
11-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Why on earth would ABC need to apologize? With the amount of money they pay the NFL, they can pretty much show what ever they want. :D

SB
11-17-2004, 12:45 PM
I found it annoying to have that smut on a show I watch with my mother. Let's be clear, I like some smut. But my mom watches only sports on TV because the rest of TV is trash.
Also that piece was particularly poor.

MsDrmr
11-17-2004, 12:51 PM
well here is what the FCC said about airing "Private Ryan" after being contacted by the local stations who were interested in airing the movie, uncut with limited commericals
We here at the FCC can not authorize the airing of the movie as we do not know what issues will cause complaints among the viewers. If we receive complaints from the viewers, you, the station will be fined for those complaints.
Therefore, the channels were not willing to air the movie..
What a load of CRAP....FCC ought to shove it

syke-o
11-17-2004, 12:55 PM
I found it annoying to have that smut on a show I watch with my mother. Let's be clear, I like some smut. But my mom watches only sports on TV because the rest of TV is trash.
trashy??? u got to be kidding me... what was so trashy??? u sam her naked back!!! "wow mom look a naked back.. what is this world coming to"???
i actually thought the piece was kind of funny and in no way smutty.....

Red Eye
11-17-2004, 01:24 PM
I actually thought the bit was pretty lame, but there was nothing on there that would offend probably 99% of NFL fans and as another member mentioned all you saw was that chicks back (unfortunately).

It's Only Money
11-17-2004, 01:45 PM
I saw the opening of MNF and thought the sequence pretty cool though - out there a bit in light of everything going on with decency and all. I don't watch "Desparate Housewives" since I am not married and pussified so I didn't recognize the actress. Teri Hatcher I did recognize on the couch though. I can see where some might find the "bit" offensive - if'n you lived in the southern bible belt and y'all don like a white woman jumpin' on a colored man. (sarcastic comment as I'm color blind!) ABC is overreacting. My personal belief is that the FCC can't say s hit as there was no nudity or language problem. ABC did it for the ratings and it got them noticed.

oldbuck40
11-17-2004, 02:14 PM
i wish they would can the new opening theme song for mnf and bring back the old one,,the one they have now just aint right!! and put more of the coors light twins on!!!!!!!!

HighRoller
11-17-2004, 02:37 PM
I think the NFL saying something like that is "offensive" is hilarious in view of what they let their players get away with. That league is filled with druggies, murderers, wife beaters and child molesters and the NFL is offended by partial nudity?

Ducatista
11-17-2004, 02:44 PM
I wonder if there would be such an outrage if she was jumping into Bret Farves arms? Can't help but wonder if some of this is race related from the people who complained. I didn't see it but it sounded kinda funny.

Red Eye
11-17-2004, 03:50 PM
I think the NFL saying something like that is "offensive" is hilarious in view of what they let their players get away with. That league is filled with druggies, murderers, wife beaters and child molesters and the NFL is offended by partial nudity?
I never heard of child molesters? Who did that? I hope it wasn't someone from the Raiders. I'd hate to have to find a new team.