PDA

View Full Version : Why Was The Military Execution Thread Deleted?

GlastronGuy
11-16-2004, 08:01 PM
???

LUVNLIFE
11-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Yea I'd like to know. I was voicing my opinion on supporting the troops

mike37
11-16-2004, 08:03 PM
???
ya WTF had a good reply going and culd not post it

GlastronGuy
I was trying to open it when it got deleted.

Racer277
I think Rvrpig deleted his own thread.
I pm'd him offline and he didn't intend to disrespect the troops or cause so much hatred, just be a little devil's advocate.
I think if everyone is so pissed, he might as well delete it.
R277

rvrpig
11-16-2004, 08:05 PM
I pm'd him offline and he didn't intend to disrespect the troops or cause so much hatred, just be a little devil's advocate.
R277
thank you racer 227....I didnt enjoy the some one pming me that I am a fing idiot...just trying to get a good thread going and I get attacted. So since it was causing so much hostility I deleated it.

MagicMtnDan
11-16-2004, 08:09 PM
I called him out for being unethical and for being, as he put it, a "Monday Morning QB" criticizing a soldier who was doing his job (a) staying alive and (b) killing bad guys.
He posted crap about a soldier who, a day earlier, was wounded in the face and lost one of his fellow soldiers to a booby-trapped body of a bad guy. I'm tired of the media acting like the war is their playpen as they try to find sensational stories to report on.
Throw the embedded reporters out and use pool reporters whose job is to report. Let's get back to supporting our troops, giving them the benefit of the doubt and doing all we can to help our sons, your neighbors sons, and the sons of your fellow Americans. These are not nameless, faceless soldiers. They are you.

mike37
11-16-2004, 08:09 PM
R277
good we don't need guys like that causing our troops any trouble
the media take care of that wish we could delete the news peeps on this one
sorry
Rvrpig but that shit dont fly with me

switchin'addiction
11-16-2004, 08:21 PM
thank you racer 227....I didnt enjoy the some one pming me that I am a fing idiot...just trying to get a good thread going and I get attacted. So since it was causing so much hostility I deleated it.
If your intention was to get a "good thread" going then talk about your boat, post pics of women, whatever, but don't play devils advocate & in my eyes second guess or question what our men are doing over there. You mentioned early about the soldier sarcastically saying "well he's dead know" Who f'in cares what his tone of voice was. Hell I think it was have been better if he would have been laughing & saying "hey I got another on of those MTF'ers"
Just my .02 flame away if you feel the need.

rrrr
11-16-2004, 08:22 PM
thank you racer 227....I didnt enjoy the some one pming me that I am a fing idiot
I think you are....
Execution? What a stupid choice of words. That Marine was protecting the lives of his fellow soldiers.
If you don't have the stomach for it, then keep watching "reality" TV. Did they vote someone off the island yet? Did Donald Trump choose your contestant?
Another fatass brainless mushbrain.

Dr. Eagle
11-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Hmmmmm you were getting PM"s? That's not real cool. I let you know what I thought and left it at that... I'm a little surprised. :confused:

Infomaniac
11-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Those guys were doing their damn jobs. !!
It pisses me off to no end for a reporter to tag along and film something, then send it off to give himself a name.
They should make any reporter that wants to tag along be the point man. A reporter killed in action is not the responsibility of the soldiers. Boo freakin Hoo
Point the weapon at the reporter and say hand over the film whenever shit happens.
:lightsabe :lightsabe :lightsabe

rvrpig
11-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Hmmmmm you were getting PM"s? That's not real cool. I let you know what I thought and left it at that... I'm a little surprised. :confused:
I guess it is just safer to Lurk than post.

rrrr
11-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Especially if you are gonna cry about a terrorist being sent to meet his 70 virgins.

mike37
11-16-2004, 08:40 PM
you must not have ben lurking to long if you didn't know we would protect our troops

73kona455
11-16-2004, 08:43 PM
every time the reporters think our guys have gone wrong.. just remember THIS (http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/WTC%20Spectacular%20angle%20of%202nd%20plane%20.mp g)

Kachina26
11-16-2004, 08:50 PM
every time the reporters think our guys have gone wrong.. just remember THIS (http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/WTC%20Spectacular%20angle%20of%202nd%20plane%20.mp g)
Yeah I'll keep that in mind
Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.alexisparkinn.com Port 80
All joking aside, what would one propose that fella do? Ask the guy "Hey, are you really dead? Or do you plan to shoot me in the back or activate a bomb when I turn around?"
When in doubt, kill. You make a mistake in that situation and you die! No re dos.

ratso
11-16-2004, 08:53 PM
rvrpig...no need to stop posting, it just takes awhile to get to know some of the people that frequent these boards. Overall they are Pro Bush and also back our troops. I am right there with them. I would stay away from controversial issues such as this...and don't feel alone. Heck, MMD gets flamed all the frigging time because he is here and doesn't even own a damn boat. Kilrtoy has been flamed for showing too many pics of his wife, and I really happen to love those pics. Just post away and join in, not everybody is going to like you. Heck, I don't know anybody that likes Jordy... :D

rvrpig
11-16-2004, 08:56 PM
rvrpig...no need to stop posting, it just takes awhile to get to know some of the people that frequent these boards. Overall they are Pro Bush and also back our troops. I am right there with them. I would stay away from controversial issues such as this...and don't feel alone. Heck, MMD gets flamed all the frigging time because he is here and doesn't even own a damn boat. Kilrtoy has been flamed for showing too many pics of his wife, and I really happen to love those pics. Just post away and join in, not everybody is going to like you. Heck, I don't know anybody that likes Jordy... :D
Thanks ratso...was starting to feel like if your not one of the group then your an unwelcome outsider.

ratso
11-16-2004, 08:59 PM
at least till he gets a bigger boat :D j/k jordy :D
OH DAMN... JORDY'S GONNA HIT YOU WITH SOME RED... AND SIGN IT TOO!!!
Come to think of it... he's probably gonna hit me with some too... :( :cry:

Kachina26
11-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks ratso...was starting to feel like if your not one of the group then your an unwelcome outsider.
Hell, Summer Love is a flaming Liberal and he is just as much an insider as anybody else. PM's are nothing, at least you know who sent those. Wait until you get the annonymous red chicklet from the Tom Brown sniper!

73kona455
11-16-2004, 09:12 PM
did the link not work?

dego red
11-16-2004, 09:19 PM
I can see the logic after they "play dead" then shoot your guy's, or booby trap the bodies. I agree with shoot first and ask ????'s later. If it were me I KNOW that I would do the same. Real sorry to say, but your country is in another no win situation........They keep on breeding and brainwashing there kids to hate the west. It will never stop no matter what unless, again sorry to say, but a big one will have to be dropped on them. Pretty sure they would drop one here without a second thought. Just my $.02. red

SB
11-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Link didn't work.
I agree with the following piece I'm forwarding, if they want to surrender they can be treated like prisoners, otherwise....
Some B.S.-cutting observations from the weblog of a former U.S. Navy SEAL:
Its a safety issue pure and simple. After assaulting through a target,
put a security round in everybody's head. Sorry al-Reuters, there's no
paddy wagon rolling around Fallujah picking up "prisoners" and
offering them a hot cup a joe, falafel, and a blanket. There's no time
to dick around in the target, you clear the space, dump the chumps,
and moveon.org. Are Corpsman expected to treat wounded terrorists?
Negative. Hey libs, worried about the defense budget? Well, it would
be waste, fraud, and abuse for a Corpsman to spend one man minute or a
battle dressing on a terrorist, its much cheaper to just spend the
$.02 on a 5.56mm FMJ.
By the way, terrorists who chop off civilian's heads are not
prisoners, they are carcasses.
UPDATE: Let me be very clear about this issue. I have looked around
the web, and many people get this concept, but there are some
stragglers. Here is your situation Marine. You just took fire from
unlawful combatants shooting from a religious building attempting to
use the sanctuary status of their position as protection. But you're
in Fallujah now, and the Marine Corps has decided that they're not
playing that game this time. That was Najaf. So you set the mosque on
fire and you hose down the terrorists with small arms, launch some
AT-4s (Rockets), some 40MM grenades into the building and things quiet
down. So you run over there, and find some tangos wounded and
pretending to be dead. You are aware that suicide martyrdom is like
really popular with these kind of idiots, and like taking some Marines
with them would be really cool. So you can either risk your life and
your fireteam's lives by having them cover you while you bend down and
search a guy that you think is pretending to be dead for some reason.
Also, you don't know who or what is in the next room, and you're
already speaking english to each other and its loud because your
hearing is poor from shooting people for several days. So you know
that there are many other rooms to enter, and that if anyone is still
alive in those rooms, they know that Americans are in the mosque.
Meanwhile (3 seconds later), you still have this terrorist that was
just shooting at you from a mosque playing possum. What do you do?
You double tap his head, and you go to the next room, that's what.
What about the Geneva Conventions and all that Law of Land Warfare
stuff? What about it. Without even addressing the issues at hand you
first thought should be, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by
6." Bear in mind that this is a perpetual mindset that is reinforced
by experiences gained on a minute by minute basis. Secondly, you are
fighting an unlawful combatant in a Sanctuary which is a double No No
on his part. Third, tactically you are in no position to take
"prisoners" because there are more rooms to search and clear, and the
behavior of said terrorist indicates that he is up to no good. No good
in Fallujah is a very large place and the low end of no good and the
high end of no good are fundamentally the same... Marines get hurt or
die. So there is no compelling reason for you to do anything but
double tap this idiot and get on with the mission.
If you are a veteran then everything I have just written is self
evident, if you are not a veteran than at least try to put yourself in
the situation. Remember, in Fallujah there is no yesterday, there is
no tomorrow, there is only now. Right NOW. Have you ever lived in NOW
for a week? It is not easy, and if you have never lived in NOW for
longer than it takes to finish the big roller coaster at Six Flags,
then shut your hole about putting Marines in jail for war crimes. Be
advised, I am not talking to my readers, but if this post gets linked
up, I want regular folks to get this message loud and clear. Froggy
OUT.

Froggystyle
11-17-2004, 02:04 PM
Name sounds familiar ;)
Wonder who that is. We probably went to school together. :cool:

Spotondl
11-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Shit, telling it like it IS... Double tap away...

mbrown2
11-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Damn Froggy, that was good stuff.....can't imagine living in the NOW for days on end...

Froggystyle
11-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Damn Froggy, that was good stuff.....can't imagine living in the NOW for days on end...
That wasn't me, but it sounds like something I would say. As a matter of fact, a good part of it is nearly word for word what I posted on the deleted thread. Except I had some cooler terms for shooting them in the head... ;)
Where did that quote come from? I am curious as to whether I know him or not.

OutCole'd
11-17-2004, 03:05 PM
I hope this was BS, but I heard on the radio here today that they were going to charge the soldier with Murder. :mad: :mad:

Mardonzi
11-17-2004, 04:31 PM
There was a rhyme one of my instructors used to chant to us on the firing line that orginated in the Boer war which I still believe works and is applicable in this case,,, "two in the chest, one in the head, guaranteed to leave them dead". Anyone who attempts to armchair an event such as this after the fact evidently has never spent any time in the "mud" and in my opinion, has no opinion. Nuff said