PDA

View Full Version : Social Distortion Tickets

cdog
11-17-2004, 10:25 AM
I was lookin into goin to see Social D again and all of the shows are in la.
What a bunch of assholes. No show in OC? Have they forgot where they came from? I'm loosing alot of respect for these guy's. Definitly not going to LA and having my car stolen.
A message to Mike Ness.........Don't forget where you came from and who made you famous.... :mad:
By the way. I was a fan before they had a song on the OC movie soundtract.

Bre
11-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Andy and his friend are going to the show on the 29th.

cdog
11-17-2004, 11:59 AM
i too was was hoping for an oc show or even a "closer" sd gig, but i heard a rumor that no oc club wanted such a show that could bring "violence" or "property damage" to their establishment. so off to la i go. i think it's well worth the trip.. maybe take the train so no one thieves your ride ! ps. soc. "d" have been "la" for a long time now. - keyes
Last time I was up there it took me 2 hours from Anaheim Hills and my nextell was stolen out of my tahoe. And I went to the White Lotus. LA is a joke. I'd say 90% of socal's Social D fans come from SD,OC and the IE.

HCS
11-17-2004, 12:02 PM
It's probably where they make the most money. :messedup:

cdog
11-17-2004, 12:04 PM
It's probably where they make the most money. :messedup:
No shit! I have'nt bought a cd in 2 years. I was thinkin of buying their new one. Now i'm going to down load it. :cool:

Parker Dreamin
11-17-2004, 12:06 PM
What a bunch of assholes. No show in OC? Have they forgot where they came from? I'm loosing alot of respect for these guy's. Definitly not going to LA and having my car stolen.
A message to Mike Ness.........Don't forget where you came from and who made you famous.... :mad:
Ya, they dont break into cars and steal %hit in OC..... come on bud.

Charley
11-17-2004, 12:14 PM
it really has nothing to do with the band... a promoter (Clear channel,Goldenvoice etc...) has to buy the show ... if no one is interested in an OC venue...likely not a show.... dont be pissed at the band, it's not them!

NOTALENT
11-17-2004, 12:14 PM
They may have been from OC But by the way they talk about LA so much in there music..you would think they were from there..

HCS
11-17-2004, 12:15 PM
No shit! I have'nt bought a cd in 2 years. I was thinkin of buying their new one. Now i'm going to down load it. :cool:
The only cuts I have of theirs is old. Is their new stuff just as good or better than the old stuff?

cdog
11-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Ya, they dont break into cars and steal %hit in OC..... come on bud.
I've lived here since 1986 when my family moved out of Torrance, And have never had any of those problems here. I guess it depends on where you are at in OC or LA. Don't get butt hurt... Torrance is not LA like Anaheim Hills is not Anaheim.

NOTALENT
11-17-2004, 12:19 PM
The only cuts I have of theirs is old. Is their new stuff just as good or better than the old stuff?
I picked up there new cd..and it rocks.

HCS
11-17-2004, 12:21 PM
I picked up there new cd..and it rocks.
Good news. I'll have to get a copy.

cdog
11-17-2004, 12:24 PM
All of their cd's are good.. So far. Have you heard the acustic cut of that angels wings song? Pretty good. But you won't hear it aroud here unless you get 103.1. If you can listen online check out www.theedge1039.com they play it a couple of times a day. Since their guitarist died a couple of years back their new albulm is their first new material since his death.

TimeToBurn
11-17-2004, 12:35 PM
It is indeed a disappointment that they choose not to play in the OC... However, they still rock!
The new song, REACH FOR THE SKYS OF TOMORROW... is freakin sick!

superdave013
11-17-2004, 12:36 PM
I've lived here since 1986 when my family moved out of Torrance, And have never had any of those problems here. I guess it depends on where you are at in OC or LA. Don't get butt hurt... Torrance is not LA like Anaheim Hills is not Anaheim.
Grow up, shit get's ripped off all over. I had a truck and a car stolen from my driveway in Manhatten Beach. My house was broken into once there also.
Now here in (what you would prolly consider) the slum of downtown Anaheim I've had no troubles. (knock on wood)
LA or OC, same fockin place if you ask me. Just pull your panties up and drive north. I've seen SD at the House of Blues in Hollywood and it sure didn't take 2 hours for us to get there.
BTW, I bet you were not hangin in the same (junkie) spots as Mike Ness back in the day. If you did you sure as hell would not be scared to drive up to LA for a night. lol

Charley
11-17-2004, 12:37 PM
It is indeed a disappointment that they choose not to play in the OC... However, they still rock!
The new song, REACH FOR THE SKYS OF TOMORROW... is freakin sick!
did anyone read my post? :confused:

cdog
11-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Grow up, shit get's ripped off all over. I had a truck and a car stolen from my driveway in Manhatten Beach. My house was broken into once there also.
Now here in (what you would prolly consider) the slum of downtown Anaheim I've had no troubles. (knock on wood)
LA or OC, same fockin place if you ask me. Just pull your panties up and drive north. I've seen SD at the House of Blues in Hollywood and it sure didn't take 2 hours for us to get there.
BTW, I bet you were not hangin in the same (junkie) spots as Mike Ness back in the day. If you did you sure as hell would not be scared to drive up to LA for a night. lol
WOW! You really took that personal. Sorry if you were offended. No, never been a junkie. If you want I can get statistical info on crime in OC but I dought that'll solve anything. Trust me I can handle my own. It's not worth putting myself in that position. I saw them at the house of blues in anaheim in January 02 and it took 15 minutes to get there and nothing was stolen out of my truck.

cdog
11-17-2004, 12:49 PM
did anyone read my post? :confused:
Not sure if I heard that song. I mabey talking about the same, don't really know.

superdave013
11-17-2004, 12:55 PM
nope, I've been around here long enough to not take anything personal.
I'm sure there is more crime in LA county then there is in OC. And that's holds true for me I guess. I lived in the high buck area of LA county and got ripped off more then once. When I moved to an area in OC that most of the people that post here would not dream of living all's been good so far. (My luck I'll get home to a cleaned out house! lol)
I guess I came off pretty harsh. for that I'll sorry. I call 'em how I see 'em but did not intend to be such the ass that seems to come out of my above post.

NOTALENT
11-17-2004, 12:56 PM
I go to many shows in hollywood, la etc..Never any problems. the whiskey, The Roxy, HOB, and many others.. Either way..they are all sold out and have been for months.

syke-o
11-17-2004, 01:02 PM
it sucks they cant find a venue in the oc, but like charley said it probably isnt them that is making that decision...
Aaron(ana-crime resident) ha ha....

mbrown2
11-17-2004, 01:05 PM
They play in the OC far more then they play in LA County....just look at the previous dates...they frequent the Disney's HOB more then Mickey Mouse himself :)
It is the promoters not the band....and someone said they mention LA more then OC in their music....NOT...listen to the LIVE albums..Roxy, CBGB's, etc...and they mention their OC roots more then any thing else....." We got junkie's, pimp's, wino's..etc..in Orange County too"....
I will be going to the 24th and the 29th show.....I have listened them from the 80's and they still rock harder then most bands doing the circuit...Mike has not forgotten his roots....he still lives in the OC and frequents most places around that town...that's more then I can say about other OC bands that have made it...
I go to a lot of Punk shows LA, Ventura, OC....and normally the crowd at Punk shows don't F with crap outside and the local's normally stay in due to the nature of folks that go to these shows....so I don't normally worry about the venue or my ride....the spirtual violence happens inside...the PIT..
Last, I still love the fact they play smaller venue events where general admission is the norm....can't stand watching these guys from the seats like at the KROQ acoustic concert in 90...
"Don't take them for Granted" :) :) :rollside: :) :)
http://www.socialdistortion.com/images/group/sd001.jpg

cdog
11-17-2004, 01:10 PM
nope, I've been around here long enough to not take anything personal.
I'm sure there is more crime in LA county then there is in OC. And that's holds true for me I guess. I lived in the high buck area of LA county and got ripped off more then once. When I moved to an area in OC that most of the people that post here would not dream of living all's been good so far. (My luck I'll get home to a cleaned out house! lol)
I guess I came off pretty harsh. for that I'll sorry. I call 'em how I see 'em but did not intend to be such the ass that seems to come out of my above post.
It's all good! To be honest I avoid LA because every time i've been there over the last couple of years something has gone wrong. My wife is from Tucson and when she moved out here I was excited to show her everything. I tried to show her Santa Monica pier, but no parking in my big truck, drove thru beverly hills and got flashed by hot rich chicks ( only good experiance) not to mention I left for that day trip at 9:00 am on a Saturday and it took 2.5 hours to get there. We went to some clubs and the mix of snobby Jew chicks and gangsters turned us off. And the last time my nextel was taken by the vallet and there's nothing I can do about it. I asked if she wanted to go to see Social D again. She said she'd rather drive to Phoenix to see them than drive to LA.

Tequila-John
11-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey Bud. Mike Ness eats at my neighbors restaurant 1 time a week with his family. My son works there also I'll make sure he gets your message

cdog
11-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Hey Bud. Mike Ness eats at my neighbors restaurant 1 time a week with his family. My son works there also I'll make sure he gets your message
Good tell him! I've been a fan since nobody would play them but Rodney on the Rock on Sunday's. And while everyone else was singing Beat It I was rockin out to Mommy's Little Monster. I've been around for a while!!!!!!

totenhosen
11-17-2004, 01:20 PM
man you sound like a big puss! That's what insurance is for. I'm not going to let a city or its surrounding scare me enough to stay away from seeing one of the great punk bands of all time.

Tequila-John
11-17-2004, 01:23 PM
man you sound like a big puss! That's what insurance is for. I'm not going to let a city or its surrounding scare me enough to stay away from seeing one of the great punk bands of all time.
True Bud and Nice way to end this thread!

Charley
11-17-2004, 01:27 PM
They play in the OC far more then they play in LA County....just look at the previous dates...they frequent the Disney's HOB more then Mickey Mouse himself :)
It is the promoters not the band....and someone said they mention LA more then OC in their music....NOT...listen to the LIVE albums..Roxy, CBGB's, etc...and they mention their OC roots more then any thing else....." We got junkie's, pimp's, wino's..etc..in Orange County too"....
I will be going to the 24th and the 29th show.....I have listened them from the 80's and they still rock harder then most bands doing the circuit...Mike has not forgotten his roots....he still lives in the OC and frequents most places around that town...that's more then I can say about other OC bands that have made it...
I go to a lot of Punk shows LA, Ventura, OC....and normally the crowd at Punk shows don't F with crap outside and the local's normally stay in due to the nature of folks that go to these shows....so I don't normally worry about the venue or my ride....the spirtual violence happens inside...the PIT..
Last, I still love the fact they play smaller venue events where general admission is the norm....can't stand watching these guys from the seats like at the KROQ acoustic concert in 90...
"Don't take them for Granted" :) :) :rollside: :) :)
http://www.socialdistortion.com/images/group/sd001.jpg
cool.... didnt picture you as a punk rocker... what bands do you like?

cdog
11-17-2004, 01:29 PM
If that was ment toward's me. You don't get it. My time is worth more to me than that. Mabey if Hendrix was reincarnated, I'd sit in 2.5 hours of trafuk for that. Are you in the position to be calling anyone a puss when you don't know them. Come on have some respect.

cdog
11-17-2004, 01:36 PM
"c-dog" dawg, you remember that song by eminem "stan" (w/dido) ?, bro, you almost are sounding like him. don't be hating . have fun and be careful !! keyes
I guess your more Punk than Me! :argue: :D

totenhosen
11-17-2004, 01:36 PM
If that was ment toward's me. You don't get it. My time is worth more to me than that. Mabey if Hendrix was reincarnated, I'd sit in 2.5 hours of trafuk for that. Are you in the position to be calling anyone a puss when you don't know them. Come on have some respect.
Didn't call you one but are sounding like one. There is a difference! Everyone has those moments, no biggie. Seriously you are making excuses now because it does not take 2.5 hours to drive from Anaheim Hills to the Wiltern. Didn't mean to offend you but you are making it sound like LA is a hell-hole and Social D needs to play in OC, and that driving from Anaheim Hills to LA is like driving from LA to SD.

cdog
11-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Didn't call you one but are sounding like one. There is a difference! Everyone has those moments, no biggie. Seriously you are making excuses now because it does not take 2.5 hours to drive from Anaheim Hills to the Wiltern. Didn't mean to offend you but you are making it sound like LA is a hell-hole and Social D needs to play in OC, and that driving from Anaheim Hills to LA is like driving from LA to SD.
It takes us about 1 hour to get to passadena with no trafuk. LA show's are cool. How about one or two in OC or the IE. 5 shows in LA! That's all i'm sayin. I don't know where the wiltern is. If its on sunset. Yes on a week day night for a 8:00 show it'll take at least 45 minutes to get to the 91 & 5 interchange. It can take another 1-1.5 hours from there.

cdog
11-17-2004, 01:56 PM
c-dawg - it's not about being more "punk" than anyone else. read all the posts bro, everyone is saying it's all about the benjamin's. soc d has agents, agents deal with the promoters and the venue owners. believe you me, soc d hasn't forgot about the roots of oc, they simply rely on other people to book the venues and cities, so chill and understand what is going on here, so you stop looking like you don't - keyes
Bottom line is your right about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
But the show's at the Soma, SD Street Scene and anaheim house of blues were sweet!

totenhosen
11-17-2004, 01:59 PM
It takes us about 1 hour to get to passadena with no trafuk. LA show's are cool. How about one or two in OC or the IE. 5 shows in LA! That's all i'm sayin. I don't know where the wiltern is. If its on sunset. Yes on a week day night for a 8:00 show it'll take at least 45 minutes to get to the 91 & 5 interchange. It can take another 1-1.5 hours from there.
Do you drive below the speed limit? I drive usually less than 70 (too many tixs) and I can get from Pasadena to HB in less than 1 hour. Take the 57 (???) to the 210 to the 110 and you'll get there in under 1 1/2 hour at that time.

BLOWN HOWARD
11-17-2004, 02:06 PM
I am headed to the 29th show also, who is all going!!!!!!!

cdog
11-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Do you drive below the speed limit? I drive usually less than 70 (too many tixs) and I can get from Pasadena to HB in less than 1 hour. Take the 57 (???) to the 210 to the 110 and you'll get there in under 1 1/2 hour at that time.
Don't know what to tell ya. Been there more than once. If you can cherry pick your travel time your right. I've made it to Phoenix in 4 hours flat a couple of times. But it can also take 45 min to get to corona. Enough with the pissing match. We both make valid points. :argue: Social D should spread aroud the shows in SoCal. How's that!

mbrown2
11-17-2004, 02:14 PM
cool.... didnt picture you as a punk rocker... what bands do you like?
LOL...I did not picture you as DC (cough)...I meant Pontoon owner... :hammerhea :wink:
Bad Religion (going tomorrow night), Pennywise, Authority Zero (awesome band and good show), Manic Hispanic, Cadillac Tramps, Mike Ness when he was solo, Bar Room Heroes (a young Mike Ness in the making although they sound almost too close to SD), and all the oldies but goodies that could not stand the test of time......that's just a few of old and new that I have been watching, listening to and going to shows.. :)

mbrown2
11-17-2004, 02:19 PM
CDOG, in all seriousness, leave around 8 and you will get there in an hour...they are not going on till 9:30-10:00 anyways...they never do...If you really want to see the earlier bands then leave earlier..
I know the drives are killer, but I drove from Simi Valley to the Galaxy theater in Costa Mesa/Santa Ana in bumper to bumper after work, like 60-70 miles to see lessor bands...I just luv the shows.. :D

mbrown2
11-17-2004, 02:25 PM
I am headed to the 29th show also, who is all going!!!!!!!
I will be there and it looks like Andy (Mr 909) will be there as well......Monday nighters....keeping the weekend going... :)

C-2
11-17-2004, 07:16 PM
The Wiltern itself is way cool.
Downtown LA to Anaheim (Tustin/La Palma), via the 5 is exactly 35 miles. Tack another 3.5 on and you're looking at 38.5 miles. Getting from OC to LA - there's more than a few routes to take, listen to traffic reports and you should get there in 40 minutes, no problem.
If ya really wanna stay safe, park at the Broadway Plaza in downtown; walk across the street, take the red line to Wilshire/Western (can ya figure out why they call it the Wiltern), walk across the street to concert.
Wish I was going, it's a cool place.
:)