PDA

View Full Version : Foggy Season

Her454
11-17-2004, 10:47 AM
is here so I thought I'd post my annual bitches and complaints about how much I hate it and what a skeeerdy cat I am to drive in it. I'll be on pins and needles for the next couple of months till this crap goes away. Not to mention its DEPRESSING!
Her454 ~ HATING THE NOR CAL FOG. :(

MsDrmr
11-17-2004, 11:08 AM
I used to live up in Arrowhead and when the fog would come in I wouldn't be able to see the hood of the car, driving into town would take me 45min to 1hr to drive a 20min drive. With the roads winding all over the place and no rails, it made for some intense driving.
I feel for ya girl,,,I don't miss it

HCS
11-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Boating in the fog is cool. Not to mention cold. Nothing like a bottle of Jack and heading out across the lake in the fog, then hit the beach and light a fire. :cool:

redneckgirl
11-17-2004, 12:07 PM
I grew up in Nor CA... I do not miss the days on end without seeing any sun!!!! The Central Coast is much nicer we do have fog but most of the time it burns off by noon!!!! :D :D
RNG

HCS
11-17-2004, 12:12 PM
All we have to do is drive about 50 min up the hill. Boom! out of the fog. :rolleyes:

Mrs.Racer277
11-17-2004, 12:30 PM
We've been in it for 2 days now. I hate it. Now is when I want to move back to OC.

Her454
11-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Its usually sunny at my house then it gets foggy over the Comanche bridge almost all the way to Sac some morning and I get so disoriented even tho I've been driving it for almost 6 years. This dumbass was right in front of me this morning with NO LIGHTS ON.

Mrs. Restless22
11-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Im with you, fog is annoying.
But if its Tully Fog...that kicks ass! I love that fog, and love driving in it, especially through fields or mountains. Its just beautiful and if you drive safely you can enjoy the scene. :smile:

Rexone
11-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Slowride, by Foghat

Rexone
11-17-2004, 01:07 PM
oops sorry wrong thread, my bad :hammerhea

Her454
11-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Slowride, by Foghat
ROTFLMAO :):)
oops sorry wrong thread, my bad :hammerhea
Yea right.... your much too smart of a woof for that.....and life would be so dull without your humor. ;)

Flyinbowtie
11-17-2004, 02:47 PM
I can always tell when people have come up from the valley to get away from the fog, after a couple of weeks of it. Miserable stuff.
They get this "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" Alumni look about them.
Our place is right at the elevation where we look down on the grey blanket. Sometimes the Sutter Buttes look like islands poking up through the fog...

rrrr
11-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Uh, never mind. I thought this was about huntin' little green animals in Arkansas swamps. :p :D

Jordy
11-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Forecast for Phoenix this weekend: No fog. :D

redneckgirl
11-17-2004, 03:01 PM
I can always tell when people have come up from the valley to get away from the fog, after a couple of weeks of it. Miserable stuff.
They get this "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" Alumni look about them.
Our place is right at the elevation where we look down on the grey blanket. Sometimes the Sutter Buttes look like islands poking up through the fog...
That is funny to read the Sutter Buttes on here.... My family has a ranch at the base of the Buttes!!!! Since I live 5 hours away from there.... I never hear about the Buttes!!!! :D
RNG

spectratoad
11-17-2004, 03:04 PM
It was foggy here the other morning. I feel sorry for you having to drive in that. I usually have such a headache afterwards. Total concentration, just waiting for something to suddenly be there :messedup: in front of you.

Flyinbowtie
11-17-2004, 03:06 PM
redneckgirl, we are about 4 miles due west of Grass Valley... :messedup:
FBT

Rexone
11-17-2004, 03:06 PM
Forecast for Phoenix this weekend: No fog. :D
We have an "all clear" in La Verne at this time as well. Feel free to hammer it down Fairplex Drive by the drag strip. Just watch out for the radar cops by da airport fence. :smile:

JetBoatRich
11-17-2004, 05:23 PM
is here so I thought I'd post my annual bitches and complaints about how much I hate it and what a skeeerdy cat I am to drive in it. I'll be on pins and needles for the next couple of months till this crap goes away. Not to mention its DEPRESSING!
Her454 ~ HATING THE NOR CAL FOG. :(
It sucks to commute in it :yuk: driving up north on th 5 Monday it was bad after Kettleman :yuk: still had your knuckleheads fly past you like your standing still, couple seconds later they are gone :confused:

Infomaniac
11-17-2004, 06:38 PM
Oklahoma Fog
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/211FOG1-med.BMP
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/211FOG2-med.BMP

shaffewm
11-17-2004, 06:47 PM
oops...that that said froggy season...

Her454
11-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Info, I tried to take a pic last night of the fog......NO WAY. Its just a white blanket. Took my sister and I 3 HOURS to get home last night. We had 10 feet of visibility and I wouldnt even drive in it. I am the biggest chicken shit. I was so sick to my stomach last night after driving in that crap...we ended up going off the road....a road we drive every day. Its some scary stuff and worse out there today. CHP Pace car this morning ..........and you cant even see the f'ng pace car. Yea right. :supp: :(

Jordy
11-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Woke up this morning to another fogless day. :D :D :D

Her454
11-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Woke up this morning to another fogless day. :D :D :D
Im getting closer and closer to AZ each day. I hate this.

Jordy
11-18-2004, 08:51 AM
I'm sitting in my office with my sunglasses on because it's so bright in here. No lights on at all. :cool:

redneckgirl
11-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Not foggy on the central coast today!!!! We will be up for Thanksgiving.... please get rid of the fog by then!!! :D :D
RNG

HCS
11-18-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm sitting in my office with my sunglasses on because it's so bright in here. No lights on at all. :cool:
Ya...ya. Rub it in.

Her454
11-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Ya...ya. Rub it in.
Yea yea whatever...I agree. :cool: LOL Tom, I'd come over and have lunch with ya today but I wouldnt be able TO FIND YOU IN THE FOG! ;)

Her454
12-15-2004, 10:11 AM
ONE MORE reason to hate this crap! My nerves will be frazzled until March when this crap goes away! You guys say a prayer for me as I drive 4 hours a day in this nightmarish fog.............. :frown:
Multi-Car Crash Shuts Down I-5
Several Big Rigs Involved In Crash North Of Sacramento
POSTED: 9:44 am PST December 15, 2004
UPDATED: 9:58 am PST December 15, 2004
WOODLAND, Calif. -- A crash involving at least three big rigs and several other vehicles has shut down Interstate 5 north of Sacramento.
The crash happened at about 9 a.m. in the southbound lanes, just north of where the freeway crosses the Sacramento River.
The southbound lanes of I-5 are closed in the area. Traffic is being diverted off the freeway at County Road 102. Northbound traffic is also being affected.
It's not known how many people have been injured.
California Highway Patrol spokesman Jim Harris said a prison transport vehicle may be among the vehicles involved in the crash.
Authorities said thick fog in the area may have contributed to the pileup.

Mrs. Restless22
12-15-2004, 10:12 AM
California Highway Patrol spokesman Jim Harris said a prison transport vehicle may be among the vehicles involved in the crash.
Well thats comforting.... :(
Drive safely.

Her454
12-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Well thats comforting.... :(
Drive safely.
I pictured the movie Con-Air when I read that. ;)

tamalewagon
12-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Its usually sunny at my house then it gets foggy over the Comanche bridge almost all the way to Sac some morning and I get so disoriented even tho I've been driving it for almost 6 years. This dumbass was right in front of me this morning with NO LIGHTS ON.
Pardon my tangent question...do you guys live near or on Lake Comanche? Sorry...I saw the reference to the Comanche bridge and had to ask.

Her454
12-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Pardon my tangent question...do you guys live near or on Lake Comanche? Sorry...I saw the reference to the Comanche bridge and had to ask.
I live about 7 minutes from Comanche. I am between Lake Hogan and Comanche, off Comanche Parkway.

tamalewagon
12-15-2004, 11:07 AM
I live about 7 minutes from Comanche. I am between Lake Hogan and Comanche, off Comanche Parkway.
I'll be...My family used to have one of those double wides in the North shore cove. If you were standing at the General store looking out to the lake it would be behind you to your left. Is the lake still as gorgeous as it used to be? We stopped going in the late 80's, but I still love the lake and miss it.

ahhell
12-15-2004, 11:22 AM
I havent seen fog in 8-10 years ...I love the Desert ;)

Her454
12-15-2004, 11:30 AM
I'll be...My family used to have one of those double wides in the North shore cove. If you were standing at the General store looking out to the lake it would be behind you to your left. Is the lake still as gorgeous as it used to be? We stopped going in the late 80's, but I still love the lake and miss it.
Lake is still pretty but its low right now. :)
I havent seen fog in 8-10 years ...I love the Desert ;)
LOL it must follow me as I saw a bit of fog in Yuma of all places a few weeks ago. I flew out of Sac last friday night and at 5:30 they were diverting incoming flights to Oakland and I had to switch to a different airline to get out, it was causing a mess.