PDA

View Full Version : Missing Key West

KACHINA KEN
11-17-2004, 09:30 PM
SO ,
We are missing the Worlds this weekend in Key West FL, i just got back from Miami and I had to get my semi back from the Fountainbleau in Miami Beach. Coming up the Florida turnpike I saw heaps of boats headed that way. I f I hadn't just come from there I would go but I have been away for almost 2 months on the road doing shows, I'm tired. It sure would be a blast though, its the last race for this season ( APBA) Oh well at least we have the drags here in PHX this weekend, I am going out to cheer for Mike (boat 030) should be good times........

erieboater
11-18-2004, 09:09 AM
I know the feeling. First time in years that I am not in Key West for the races. Stuck in Ohio building a house this year. Just think of sitting at Schooner Wharf sucking down the drinks is killing me. Hopefully they will have the races on TV somewhere, sometime this winter.

Tequila-John
11-18-2004, 09:12 AM
SO ,
We are missing the Worlds this weekend in Key West FL, i just got back from Miami and I had to get my semi back from the Fountainbleau in Miami Beach. Coming up the Florida turnpike I saw heaps of boats headed that way. I f I hadn't just come from there I would go but I have been away for almost 2 months on the road doing shows, I'm tired. It sure would be a blast though, its the last race for this season ( APBA) Oh well at least we have the drags here in PHX this weekend, I am going out to cheer for Mike (boat 030) should be good times........
Out on the road for 2 month? What do you do ?

KACHINA KEN
11-18-2004, 10:24 AM
I know the feeling. First time in years that I am not in Key West for the races. Stuck in Ohio building a house this year. Just think of sitting at Schooner Wharf sucking down the drinks is killing me. Hopefully they will have the races on TV somewhere, sometime this winter.
Well at least we can live vicareously through the OSO site, they always post tons of pics and stories.

KACHINA KEN
11-18-2004, 10:25 AM
Out on the road for 2 month? What do you do ?
Hi TJ, I provide show lighting for concert tours and corporate shows.

Tequila-John
11-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Hi TJ, I provide show lighting for concert tours and corporate shows.
One of your bands VELVET REVOLVER ? I like them

KACHINA KEN
11-18-2004, 10:41 AM
One of your bands VELVET REVOLVER ? I like them Nah I wish, here are some of my bands.
http://www.burningretina.com/photomatic.php?step=3&galleryid=2&galleryname=Touring&PHPSESSID=bc7f620a8fed585fd0a298ab11ae7ec3

Mrs. VelocityDriver
11-18-2004, 10:49 AM
You can listen to the live web feeds on Sturday and Sunday starting at 7am PST at: www.talkoffshore.com

KACHINA KEN
11-18-2004, 11:03 AM
You can listen to the live web feeds on Sturday and Sunday starting at 7am PST at: www.talkoffshore.com i think that might bum me out more hahah.

Tequila-John
11-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Nah I wish, here are some of my bands.
http://www.burningretina.com/photomatic.php?step=3&galleryid=2&galleryname=Touring&PHPSESSID=bc7f620a8fed585fd0a298ab11ae7ec3
Wow you still have anice lists of bands bud NIce work...

Moneypitt
11-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Are you sure this is an APBA race? There is nothing on the web site about any races after the Morgan City race last month. The next race, Parker over Thanksgiving, is the start of the Region 12 2005 season, and is the first (2005) race nationwide.... Region 5, Florida, shows nothing going on, help me out here.......MP

VelocityDriver
11-18-2004, 06:42 PM
It's the 2004 Key West World Champianships APBA Offshore Racing. http://www.apbaoffshoreracing.com/events.cfm Hope this helps.

Moneypitt
11-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks, the site said alot, all except the APBA sanction #......?? Oh well...MP

Debbolas
11-18-2004, 09:28 PM
I want to go to Key West..................... :wink:

dego red
11-18-2004, 09:55 PM
You and me both Debolas. Was there in '99 for the worlds when "Big Thunder" did a barrel roll......Outstanding races, outstanding location. No place like the "Keys"........red

Debbolas
11-18-2004, 09:57 PM
I've never been, but the water looks amazing!
(I'm kinda afraid if I ever went there, I wouldn't want to leave and end up living down there) :idea:

dego red
11-18-2004, 10:06 PM
I have been to Havasu, and it was incredible for one small area. Don't get me wrong on the small thing, but the Florida Keys stretch for over a hundred miles. The place is so laid back, just.....damn, I'm at a loss for words, it is beautiful, the food is out of this world, if you like seafood, and the drinks are awsome. (rumrunners particular to south Florida) red

Debbolas
11-18-2004, 10:11 PM
sigh..............I really want to go :rolleyes:
It seem so beautiful and laid back.......maybe someday :cool:

dego red
11-18-2004, 10:14 PM
It was a high point in my travel life, got to spend a month there and get paid for it. One day soon I WILL get back. :clover: :clover: