PDA

View Full Version : Question for you stereo guru's????????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-18-2004, 07:17 PM
I asked this question in the sandbar as well as here.The box is going into a 2002 yukon denali.
I just finished building my enclosure for 8 10's. THe box needs to be ported. I wanted to run all the ports on the same plane as the woofers but they will not fit! I have all 8 subs facing the roof of the truck. Can I place the ports on the side of the box? If you dont understand(picture looking into the back of a denali and you see ports facing you and subs facing the roof of the truck). Do you think it will work well? All the boxes I have built in the past, the ports were on the face of the box with the subs.

riverbound
11-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Putting the port on the sides will work, just make sure the port lengths and diameters are correct.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Sounds good to me;)

Evo22
11-18-2004, 10:56 PM
does the box go from wheel well to wheel well? how much room up front or back? I would try and build one big sloted port along the back or front and keep it on the same plane as the subs less likely to have any cancalation problems that way :hammer2:

ROZ
11-18-2004, 11:10 PM
does the box go from wheel well to wheel well? how much room up front or back? I would try and build one big sloted port along the back or front and keep it on the same plane as the subs less likely to have any cancalation problems that way :hammer2:
I agree, slot port the sucker...
and make sure you have enough room in front of the ports as to not block and render useless... It would suck if the back door closed up to the box :hammer2:
How do you have the box configured internally? What you have driving them?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-19-2004, 01:23 AM
The box does go from wheel well to wheel well. It is only 22.5 inches deep. I didnt have room for a port on top at all. I ported it on the backside(facing the rear door) with the woofers firing tward the roof.The ports are round. I wanted to slot port it but I couldnt find a good slot port calculator. The only way to get the port on the same plane would be making a bigger box and that wasnt going to happen. I need room for my coolers and gas cans(lake trips). I pulled the third row. I have alot of room back there;) Even with the box;) Thanks for you help guys;)

Evo22
11-23-2004, 10:13 PM
The box does go from wheel well to wheel well. It is only 22.5 inches deep. I didnt have room for a port on top at all. I ported it on the backside(facing the rear door) with the woofers firing tward the roof.The ports are round. I wanted to slot port it but I couldnt find a good slot port calculator. The only way to get the port on the same plane would be making a bigger box and that wasnt going to happen. I need room for my coolers and gas cans(lake trips). I pulled the third row. I have alot of room back there;) Even with the box;) Thanks for you help guys;)
slot port caclulator??? area times length?

ROZ
11-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Either that or he was speaking of how to calculate a port for any given frequency...