PDA

View Full Version : Focal speakers

1stepcloser
11-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Anyone have experience with their products?
I'm interested in the Subs as well as components in both the Utopia and K-2 lines. :idea:

Havasu Hangin'
11-20-2004, 09:52 AM
What do you have up your sleeve now?
:cool:

1stepcloser
11-20-2004, 10:51 AM
:notam: Well, it's time for the 1SC tow truck to get a long overdue interior face lift.
I have tossed around the idea of replacment but just cant bring myself to part with her.
So, being that the inside will be out for a week or so, and the existing stereo system has a cassette player, and leaves quite a bit to be desired, I have decided to step up.
I have a few decisions in mind with regard to the HU and amplification, but am still researching speakers.
The Focal stuff looks pretty good on paper, and, like the boat, I am limited for depth with the subs.

Havasu Hangin'
11-20-2004, 11:01 AM
I have heard the focal components (never owned them), and they sounded pretty good. Never heard the subs. :idea:
Won't fit? If you can't raise the bridge...lower the river, I always say. :supp:
Custom box?

TOBTEK
11-20-2004, 11:02 AM
EVERYTHING in my boat is FOCAL. I have the polycarbon seperates. Two three way systems and two 11" utopia subs. Im very impressed with them.

1stepcloser
11-20-2004, 11:20 AM
:idea:
Won't fit? If you can't raise the bridge...lower the river, I always say. :supp:
Custom box?
Well, yeah. :smile: The truck's a crew cab, so the subs aree gonna be behind the rear seat....not too much room behind there, so I need something in the range of 6-7" of depth, as I have no plans on cutting the truck.
A simple sealed enclosure.

ROZ
11-20-2004, 11:52 AM
John... wait a month or so.. :cool:

Mr. Naudio
11-21-2004, 05:49 AM
Anyone have experience with their products?
I'm interested in the Subs as well as components in both the Utopia and K-2 lines. :idea:
Just so happens that I have Focal speakers in my truck.
Also two of my coworkers have them.
(In my opinion)
They are the best for all around performance.
The polyglass are my faves dont think the k2s sound that much $$$$$$$$
better.
But my wallet might not be as deep as yours.

Slib77
11-22-2004, 07:59 AM
We are doing a show truck for a customer with all Focal and Audison components. I'll post up pics of the A/V when it's all done.
We also did my cousins A4 with Focal seperates and 1 JL sub. One of the cleanest systems I have ever heard.
I would pick Focal seperates over MB. I just like the clearity of the Focal.

TOBTEK
11-22-2004, 08:01 AM
John... wait a month or so.. :cool:
why what happening ROZ?

1stepcloser
11-22-2004, 11:34 AM
As some of you may know, I favor sound quality over sheer volume, (I'm old) not to say I dont like it loud, very often I do, But I really dont care for poor sound at high levels. (or any level for that matter) I've heard far too many system's that in my (worthless & unsolicited) opinion that are really loud....but sound just awful.
I prefer to hear all the song has to offer, rather than just the bass kick. :supp:
Money is of course, a limiting factor, but I am patient and prefer to save my dollars until I can get what I want, then bug Roz and Jeff to death for all the free installation tips that I can. :D
Problem right now is I'm not sure what I want..... :idea:

ROZ
11-22-2004, 11:35 AM
We are doing a show truck for a customer with all Focal and Audison components. I'll post up pics of the A/V when it's all done.
We also did my cousins A4 with Focal seperates and 1 JL sub. One of the cleanest systems I have ever heard.
I would pick Focal seperates over MB. I just like the clearity of the Focal.
Where did you get the Audison amps? Thesis?

Evo22
11-23-2004, 10:03 PM
I have been using all of the focal stuff since before the made a 12 volt line if you need anything let me know jesse over there is a good friend we have built more than a few demo cars for them. :rollside:

ROZ
11-23-2004, 11:07 PM
You were buying JM labs speakers as parts an using them in your cars? This is one thing the French have done right :D

Slib77
11-24-2004, 08:42 AM
PM'd you ROZ
Dude that Thesis is awesome, there are only a handful in the North America right now. I could be wrong. Price on it is around 7-8k.

ROZ
11-24-2004, 09:49 AM
PM'd you ROZ
Dude that Thesis is awesome, there are only a handful in the North America right now. I could be wrong. Price on it is around 7-8k.
That's what I hear....
I'm thinking F1 Status, Thesis HV Venti, and Utopia, Boston Z, or Rainbow ... ;) :D
I wonder how much I could obtain an HR100 for........

1stepcloser
11-24-2004, 09:58 AM
PM'd you ROZ
Dude that Thesis is awesome, Price on it is around 7-8k.
:eek: :2purples: :frown:

LHC30Victory
11-24-2004, 10:06 AM
OK, now I KNOW I don't belong in this thread :boxed:

ROZ
11-24-2004, 10:37 AM
you said it, man :hammer2: :eek: :2purples:
deck 2400.00
d/a converter about 1900.00
amp 7-8k
speakers 4k
Not to mention cables and labor
:2purples:

Slib77
11-24-2004, 11:00 AM
The Utopia line is sweet. The seperates and subs that we are putting in the guys truck are from the K2 line. That is a mean looking sub.

1stepcloser
11-24-2004, 11:32 AM
you said it, man :hammer2: :eek: :2purples:
deck 2400.00
d/a converter about 1900.00
amp 7-8k
speakers 4k
Not to mention cables and labor
:2purples:
Uhhh, 16k? huh-huh, how about that JL stuff, thats pretty good gear.....
Jeebus....thats more than I paid for my truck.
Hell, that's more than my mom paid for her house.

mbrown2
11-24-2004, 01:20 PM
It's only money, but if its going in a boat the SQ loss is really not worth the coin to have the Luis the XIII version of audio gear... :confused: :cool:

1stepcloser
11-24-2004, 01:43 PM
It's only money, but if its going in a boat the SQ loss is really not worth the coin to have the Luis the XIII version of audio gear... :confused: :cool:
I agree. nothing really exotic in my boat, but this thread started cause I'm building a new system for my truck, and I was looking for opinions on the Focal line of speakers.
I plan on building for SQ rather than SPL with the truck.
As far as "it's only money" Yeah, true dat.....but sheesh! :D

mbrown2
11-24-2004, 01:46 PM
I agree. nothing really exotic in my boat, but this thread started cause I'm building a new system for my truck, and I was looking for opinions on the Focal line of speakers.
I plan on building for SQ rather than SPL with the truck.
As far as "it's only money" Yeah, true dat.....but sheesh! :D
I hear ya, but I thought you could decent focals at a reasonable price and use top tier amps to accomplish what you need versus some of the quotes being posted above... :)

ROZ
11-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Totally true for any line.... It was just a price shock factor.... :D
The Venti is probably one of the best built and praised amp in the world, though...

1stepcloser
11-24-2004, 02:11 PM
I hear ya, but I thought you could decent focals at a reasonable price and use top tier amps to accomplish what you need versus some of the quotes being posted above... :)
Until a price is thrown out there, I want the best! :D
16k :jawdrop: is out of the question though.
It takes me far too long to decide on stuff....I know what I want, :confused: It just takes time to either justify the decision, or rationalize what I can realistically have. :umm:

1stepcloser
11-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Totally true for any line.... It was just a price shock factor.... :D
The Venti is probably one of the best built and praised amp in the world, though...
It would be cool though, wouldnt it? :)
Hows my credit?

mbrown2
11-24-2004, 02:17 PM
It probably is, but like most fine wine on my beer budget, I have never heard of it before :rollside: :) :confused: :rollside:

1stepcloser
11-24-2004, 02:26 PM
All this talk is depressing me.
I'm gonna go to Best Buy and stick with Sony, Rockford and Kicker. :frown:
Those are all top shelf, right?

ROZ
11-24-2004, 02:47 PM
It probably is, but like most fine wine on my beer budget, I have never heard of it before :rollside: :) :confused: :rollside:
Damn.. Atleast you have a beer budget :D Sheit, I refuse to pay any more than 12.00 for cable tv :D