PDA

View Full Version : Edge Juice Duramax Tech Help!!!!!

IN2MX
11-20-2004, 10:53 AM
I know this is not the right forum for this kinda question, but everyone is here and I really need help...
I am installing the EGT sensor for the "Attitude" Monitor. The directions say to drill a 5/16" hole in the exhaust manifold and then tap it with a 1/8" NPT tap.
That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Can you tap a 5/16" hole with a 1/8" tap? And, I don't know what NPT means?
HELP!!!! :messedup: :confused:

BLOWN HOWARD
11-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Dam didnt you just buy the truck, you dont mess around huh? Pipe thread is what the NPT means Just follow the instructions already did one and it worked good.

IN2MX
11-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Dam didnt you just buy the truck, you dont mess around huh? Pipe thread is what the NPT means Just follow the instructions already did one and it worked good.
SO, the 5/16" and 1/8" sounds right to you?

Hal
11-20-2004, 11:03 AM
That is correct. Put your 1/8" pipe tap next to your 5/16" drill bit and you will see that it will work.

Kilrtoy
11-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Damn leave that truck alone, trying to break it already.... :hammer2:

IN2MX
11-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Break my balls butI can hear it already.....Hey, can you help me put my Edge Juice in..... :D

cdog
11-20-2004, 11:10 AM
NPT-----National Pipe Thread....

IN2MX
11-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Ok, im gonna try it. Thank you everyone for your responses. I really appreciate it.
Green for everyone. :D

dicudmore
11-20-2004, 11:26 AM
already wanted more power :idea:
me thinks that D-max would pull that Ultra just fine stock :D

PHOTOGLOU
11-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Kids play nice

Unforgiven
11-20-2004, 11:36 AM
I know this is not the right forum for this kinda question, but everyone is here and I really need help...
I am installing the EGT sensor for the "Attitude" Monitor. The directions say to drill a 5/16" hole in the exhaust manifold and then tap it with a 1/8" NPT tap.
That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Can you tap a 5/16" hole with a 1/8" tap? And, I don't know what NPT means?
HELP!!!! :messedup: :confused:
in2-in2mx can probably help you with your problem.. :rollside: .I'm suprised you came to us for answers.. :rolleyes:

IN2MX
11-20-2004, 11:53 AM
already wanted more power :idea:
me thinks that D-max would pull that Ultra just fine stock :D
I enjoy blowing the doors off of rice rockets and White convertible Mustang GT's down soledad canyon!!! :D

IN2MX
11-20-2004, 11:54 AM
in2-in2mx can probably help you with your problem.. :rollside: .I'm suprised you came to us for answers.. :rolleyes:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA...Thats funny right der, dont care who ya are!

Kilrtoy
11-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Break my balls butI can hear it already.....Hey, can you help me put my Edge Juice in..... :D
TRUST ME BIG GUY, I know how to put the juice in....

Kilrtoy
11-20-2004, 12:20 PM
I enjoy blowing the doors off of rice rockets and White convertible Mustang GT's down soledad canyon!!! :D
Putting edge juice is not gonna get you past the stang, go rub another one out and come back......

UnionJack
11-20-2004, 12:23 PM
It works.... I just got my tranny juiced -up and now I am stacking chip's

IN2MX
11-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Putting edge juice is not gonna get you past the stang, go rub another one out and come back......
Money on the glass! :burningm: Guess u didnt learn from our first races.... :hammerhea :D

Kilrtoy
11-20-2004, 12:37 PM
What race is that an ultra that is laid up 800 pounds lighter and you barely pulled out.........
Bring that thing over Im warming up the F250 as we speak....
:eat:

Froggystyle
11-20-2004, 01:52 PM
The 1/8" NPT is talking about the size of the hole in the center of the fitting, not the OD of the fitting. The 5/16 drill is perfect for a 1/8" NPT tap.
BTW, instructions show it coming off of the passenger side manifold, but after doing it, I think I would put it off of the drivers side if STV Keith doesn't have a problem with that.
Also, there is a company called TTS Power systems that builds a killer billet bracket for the Edge unit that drops into the overhead console. I can get a pic of mine if you like.
It is available with or without holes for auxiliary switches too. Mine is polished and without.

Kilrtoy
11-20-2004, 02:01 PM
hey in2 did you already break your chevy, AGAIN.....
its been an hour and a half... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

IN2-IN2MX
11-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I probably could do it too! Problem is I'm invisible right now. :hammerhea It's my birthday weekend and he's off with the guys working on the truck! :eek:
:) That's ok...I feel a headache coming on later on tonight :wink:

jdogginla
11-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I probably could do it too! Problem is I'm invisible right now. :hammerhea It's my birthday weekend and he's off with the guys working on the truck! :eek:
It's your b-day weekend and he's working on the truck???? He must be from Beaumont :hammerhea

IN2-IN2MX
11-20-2004, 03:54 PM
It's your b-day weekend and he's working on the truck???? He must be from Beaumont :hammerhea
Yeah :cry: . But I'm ok...he took me out last night with a bunch of my friends. :p

Unforgiven
11-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Yeah :cry: . But I'm ok...he took me out last night with a bunch of my friends. :p
Jess, did you help out your hunny...he was having problems this morning. :( ..I told him to ask you for help...it was a drilling and tapping issue.. ;)

IN2-IN2MX
11-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Jess, did you help out your hunny...he was having problems this morning. :( ..I told him to ask you for help...it was a drilling and tapping issue.. ;)
I know! That's so weird. He's never had a problem with his drilling OR his tapping with me before! :wink:

dicudmore
11-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Are we celebrating early? I thought it was tuesday?? :confused:

Jordy
11-20-2004, 11:06 PM
BTW, instructions show it coming off of the passenger side manifold, but after doing it, I think I would put it off of the drivers side if STV Keith doesn't have a problem with that.
I've got an LB7 (older D-max) and I did mine on the driver's side, however, with the new LLY's there were heat shields and all kinds of other crap on the truck that I last sold the Juice/Attitide to, so we ended up doing it on the passenger side. Whole new ball game from the flat spot that I tapped mine in and what the new ones are. ;)

IN2-IN2MX
11-20-2004, 11:28 PM
Are we celebrating early? I thought it was tuesday?? :confused:
Well yeah...but I'm considering this my birthday WEEKEND...hee hee. Ultimate attention *****...LOL :)

IN2MX
11-21-2004, 12:19 AM
I've got an LB7 (older D-max) and I did mine on the driver's side, however, with the new LLY's there were heat shields and all kinds of other crap on the truck that I last sold the Juice/Attitide to, so we ended up doing it on the passenger side. Whole new ball game from the flat spot that I tapped mine in and what the new ones are. ;)
Thanks for all the info....I got it done...Did it on the passenger side the way the manual instructed....Great Product!
I know the manual says not too, but can you run the attitude/juice on level 4 or 5 on a stock truck if the EGT stays under 1350 and the allison doesnt slip?

Froggystyle
11-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Thanks for all the info....I got it done...Did it on the passenger side the way the manual instructed....Great Product!
I know the manual says not too, but can you run the attitude/juice on level 4 or 5 on a stock truck if the EGT stays under 1350 and the allison doesnt slip?
I leave mine on #5 permanently. It just defuels if you get up in the temp.
I do turn down the low boost fuel adjustment to 2 or so for normal driving so I don't spy hunter everyone all the time.

Jordy
11-21-2004, 08:13 PM
I leave mine on #5 permanently. It just defuels if you get up in the temp.
Me too. Don't think I've turned it down in a year. :D
I do turn down the low boost fuel adjustment to 2 or so for normal driving so I don't spy hunter everyone all the time.
I leave mine of 5 as well. Then hum the Spyhunter theme in my head. :D :D :D

IN2MX
11-21-2004, 11:31 PM
Me too. Don't think I've turned it down in a year. :D
I leave mine of 5 as well. Then hum the Spyhunter theme in my head. :D :D :D
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME TOO!! :D :D