PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Kurt Bush and FOMOCO!!

steelcomp
11-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Congratulations to Kurt Bush, Jimmy Fenning, Jack Roush, and then Ford Motor Company for a HARD fought victory this year. Talk about perserverance, and what a final race!! It dosen't get any better than this!!

Boozer
11-21-2004, 02:38 PM
The only way I'd have been any happier with the outcome of that race is if Tony Stewart took 1st. Happy Day!

JustMVG
11-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Congrats to Busch and team, ran good all year!!! Wanted JR. But thats for another year.
But Congrats to Kurt and Crew chief Fenning!!!
MVG

DUNDUN
11-21-2004, 02:43 PM
congrats jimmy fenning, jack roush, but ewwww kurt busch :D :p

jbtrailerjim
11-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Way to go Kurt!!!
I get a lot of sh*t for being a Kurt Busch fan. He did an awesome job this year.

Moneypitt
11-21-2004, 02:55 PM
I've seen alot of mechanical failures in Nascar, but never a broken wheel. Open wheel racing, sure, they break them all the time, but in Nascar? Bolts were tight, hub portion stayed on, wierd. And just missing the pit wall and the water barrels, WOW! The whole season flashed before his eyes right there!!! How would you like to have been the R/F tire guy, BEFORE they realized the bolts WERE tight??.................MP

Kilrtoy
11-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Not my first choice , Wife likes him , But at least it was a FORD and a ROUSH team member

Kilrtoy
11-21-2004, 04:14 PM
http://www.nascar.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2004/11/21/autostock_homestead/busch_flag.jpg

Backfire
11-21-2004, 04:38 PM
I've been a fan of the Busch brothers since the late nineties when Kurt and Kyle brought their legends cars down from Vegas to race at Havasu Speedway numerous times. They were two of the nicest and most humble teenagers I've ever met! I think Kyle was about 13 or 14 at the time. Congrats to Kurt for winning the Cup championship, and isn't it about time that someone from the west won it?
Also, congrats to Kyle Busch on his second-place standings in the Busch series!

DUNDUN
11-21-2004, 06:10 PM
I've been a fan of the Busch brothers since the late nineties when Kurt and Kyle brought their legends cars down from Vegas to race at Havasu Speedway numerous times. They were two of the nicest and most humble teenagers I've ever met! I think Kyle was about 13 or 14 at the time. Congrats to Kurt for winning the Cup championship, and isn't it about time that someone from the west won it?
Also, congrats to Kyle Busch on his second-place standings in the Busch series!
i like kyle busch, i was bummed that truex won and not kyle busch/hendrick car

Hallett19
11-22-2004, 02:36 PM
I love this team and I am so happy they won. Ford, 2 yrs in a row !! I just got into nascar heavily this year and I have been bitten by the bug, badly !! I love it ! :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
11-22-2004, 02:40 PM
I love this team and I am so happy they won. Ford, 2 yrs in a row !! I just got into nascar heavily this year and I have been bitten by the bug, badly !! I love it ! :cool:
Well CBR is looking for people to help with all aspects of or Off-Road Race team.
Jim
jrpm@npgcable.com
1-928-704-1158

Kilrtoy
11-22-2004, 03:41 PM
I wanted MARTIN ALSO,
But the only reason JR is where he is today is because of DADDY AND HIS MONEY, Without it , HE SUCKS

Kilrtoy
11-22-2004, 03:45 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSCF0012.JPG

jbtrailerjim
11-22-2004, 04:07 PM
:yuk: TO 97, He solo'd under so many lucky breaks, yeah i'm a jr. fan, jr. lost the battle, but 97 will never have the fan base or loyalty that jr. has, if it had to be a ford driver, i wish it would have been Martin, he is a true class act, 97 needs to take notice, then maybe his fan base will come around, at least jr. races from the heart and says it like it is, instead of a puppet like 97.
You are right. Kurt caught some lucky breaks this season. But with all championship winners it takes a lot of skill and a little bit of good luck. Nope, Kurt will probably never have the fan base Jr has. You give Jr way to much credit. He's where he is at because of who his daddy is. He has the fan base from his father. Jr also fan base continues to grow as a result of bandwagon fans who want to root for the "popular driver". I'll just continue to root for the driver that a lot of fans love to hate. But he is one hell of driver.

schiada96
11-22-2004, 04:21 PM
You are right. Kurt caught some lucky breaks this season. But with all championship winners it takes a lot of skill and a little bit of good luck. Nope, Kurt will probably never have the fan base Jr has. You give Jr way to much credit. He's where he is at because of who his daddy is. He has the fan base from his father. Jr also fan base continues to grow as a result of bandwagon fans who want to root for the "popular driver". I'll just continue to root for the driver that a lot of fans love to hate. But he is one hell of driver.
Wow you guys are tuff on Jr. He is not my driver but didn't he win a couple of Busch titles, must not be too talented -- right And how many cup races so far after the loss of Sr? Kurt got lucky

Kilrtoy
11-22-2004, 04:27 PM
That is a whole year worth of lucky.
When JR is placed in equally built cars he cant win and never has.
Ever watch IROC,
HE SUCKS
how about all those great college athletes that cant make it in the pros

DUNDUN
11-22-2004, 04:43 PM
BOOO JR!!! goddamn his team is a joke..never can keep it together, they need to clean up a bit IMO...and (for the most part) his fans suck too, bandwagoners..(like i said, for the most part, there are a few that know what they are talking about and if you are one of his smarter fans dont get all butthurt) :p :p :p

Squirtin Thunder
11-22-2004, 04:50 PM
I have been a fan of Mark Martin for many years, back to the days of ASA. I will say being that I lived not far from the Earnhardts I got the very unpleasant pleasure of meating a super cocky kid by the name of Jr. about 8 years ago. I have talked with him a few times and have seen him grow as a person. He has turned into quite a sponsorship mogal. That kid has everything going for him. Yes his daddy set the wheels in motion, but he did it all on his own. His daddy didn't drive the car for him. But he did give him the best equiptment that he could get together. I am by no means a fan of the Bud car, but I am a fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr. He has proved to be a very responcable team owner. The kid has stepped up to the plate and has risen to the chalanges.
You guys might really enjoy going to the "Garage Ma Hall" (DEI) in Mooresville NC
Jim

Krazy K
11-22-2004, 05:00 PM
As old as Mark Martin is, it would have been cool for him to win it. For awhile there, it looked like he could take it. Greg Biffle had an awesome car! I think he'll do great next year. He is getting much better.
Kyle is moving into the Kellog's 5 car next year. That will be interesting to see.

Squirtin Thunder
11-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Well CBR is looking for people to help with all aspects of or Off-Road Race team. Including gas guys, tire changers, co-drivers, truck inspectors, radio people, logistics, sponsor and media personel, recovery team and general team help.
Jim
jrpm@npgcable.com
1-928-704-1158

dicudmore
11-22-2004, 05:28 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSCF0012.JPG
Thank you Kilr :wink:
Porter Ranch?

jbtrailerjim
11-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Wow you guys are tuff on Jr. He is not my driver but didn't he win a couple of Busch titles, must not be too talented -- right And how many cup races so far after the loss of Sr? Kurt got lucky
I'm not saying Jr is not a talented driver. He's one of the best in the sport. But he had the best teacher (Dale Sr.) and the best equiptment in the sport. That definitely is a huge reason why he is where he is today. Oh and far as Kurt getting lucky; I guess you can say the same for last years champion (Kenseth) to. I saw him catch a lot of lucky breaks to last season, that helped him win his championship. But to say Kurt won just because he got lucky is false. Him getting back up to front yesterday after the tire disaster yesterday was definitely not luck.

voodoomedman
11-22-2004, 05:33 PM
I didn't like the way his daddy drived and I don't like how Jr. drives either. They purposely hit people to get the lead or whatever. I know it's a great thing of nascar to see the bumping and accidents and all and I know that sometimes you just have to bump and go. But it seems to me that everytime Jr. is driving he is beating the crap out of his opponents cars. This crap is dangerous enough. I bet he would stop that $hit if somebody died the next time he did that.

Kilrtoy
11-22-2004, 05:40 PM
No Stevenson Ranch, they look the same.....

Squirtin Thunder
11-22-2004, 05:53 PM
The bumping thing is more common than you would think. Hell just ask Tony they even bump in K boats, unlimited hydros. In desert racing it is a rule one bump let me by two bumps get out of the way three bumps now your getting turned. Rubbing is racing, thats the way it is and it better stay. Slot cars are fun, but you just fallow the given line !!!!
Jim

voodoomedman
11-22-2004, 06:00 PM
The bumping thing is more common than you would think. Hell just ask Tony they even bump in K boats, unlimited hydros. In desert racing it is a rule one bump let me by two bumps get out of the way three bumps now your getting turned. Rubbing is racing, thats the way it is and it better stay. Slot cars are fun, but you just fallow the given line !!!!
Jim
I know how it all goes. I'm just saying they take it too far. They didn't call him the Intimidator for nothing. It's the same as with any other sports. You have fouls and then you have flagrant fouls.

AMC-Nut
11-22-2004, 06:07 PM
Old #13, Fireball Roberts, and Smokey would have kicked his but all over the track if they were still around! Fireball rolled a seven!!

schiada96
11-22-2004, 07:16 PM
I didn't like the way his daddy drived and I don't like how Jr. drives either. They purposely hit people to get the lead or whatever. I know it's a great thing of nascar to see the bumping and accidents and all and I know that sometimes you just have to bump and go. But it seems to me that everytime Jr. is driving he is beating the crap out of his opponents cars. This crap is dangerous enough. I bet he would stop that $hit if somebody died the next time he did that.
Lets see the camp of nascar of this year intentionally wrecked drivers last year . On the old point system he is two hundred points down. How is that for consistency. But I know it's a new game now. I lived 10 minutes away from Martinsville. If you guys get it by my post I don't care for Roush or Kurt

Seadog
11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Jr may be a fair driver, but he had a lot given to him. I don't begrudge him that, but I think it is crap that the powers that be at NASCAR have tried to give him Mount Olympus status. My big regret is that Jarrett ran out of gas when he was doing so well.

voodoomedman
11-22-2004, 08:52 PM
Jr may be a fair driver, but he had a lot given to him. I don't begrudge him that, but I think it is crap that the powers that be at NASCAR have tried to give him Mount Olympus status. My big regret is that Jarrett ran out of gas when he was doing so well.
Being a UPS'er that is my regret too. Following it though you can see that everything has changed on Jarrett's team the past couple of years. I blame Robert Yates for that. I do blame Jarrett for not being aggressive enough though. Maybe he's just tired of the bull$hit on the team.