Kilrtoy
11-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Artest is gone for season.
Good I hope it teaches all these shit bags a lesson
Other players got a 35 game and 25 game suspension
WITHOUT PAY

Desert Rat
11-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Yeah but they should also fine the crap out of that shit bag fans that through things at players!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HavasuDreamin'
11-21-2004, 05:25 PM
If nothing happens to the fans that were out of control, it sends a message that they can do what ever they want with no reprcussions. :argue:

Kilrtoy
11-21-2004, 05:26 PM
I agree the one who threw something at artest should be dealt with Criminally....

Slider
11-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Its about time they pull their heads out of their asses.

Tequila-John
11-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Yeah but they should also fine the crap out of that shit bag fans that through things at players!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

JetBoatRich
11-21-2004, 05:29 PM
I would hope that the fans that were involved and went on the court some kind of fine :hammer2: The whole thing is crazy, players need to control them selves and fans that do that crap need to be taken care of with similiar treatment. Obvious the pay from a fan to player us different, but they should match and hurt each one :hammer2:

ahhell
11-21-2004, 05:43 PM
pro sports players gotta be ready for the shit that gets tossed at them...gimme that kinda money...shit you could wreck my truck and i wouldnt care, you gotta get over it,just dont mess with my wife or kids.............. :sqeyes:

Kilrtoy
11-21-2004, 05:44 PM
I dont think he makes that much, but im sure he lives the life of a superstar and that gets expensive really quick, especially when nothing is coming in.....

SHOTKALLIN
11-21-2004, 05:51 PM
They all should be banned from the league just like Rodman and J.R. Rider.
they don't deserve to play or make that kind of money. let them go to Italy.
my 02.

nodigg
11-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Any snow on the trip home Tom?

DUNDUN
11-21-2004, 05:58 PM
i think ron artest deserves it..actually i think he deserves worse, along with o'neill...its not the first time artest has blown up.
the fan that threw shit at artest deserves punishment too...but these are "professional athletes", they should expect the fans to do stuff and since they are "professionals" they should be able to handle it. plus, the fans spend alot of money attending the games. so they should have a right to yell and shout and root for their team. but yeah, throwing things on the court and at the players, is messed up. but damn, did you see artest take out the old dood, then at the end of it, jermaine o'neill (http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=o%20neill) decked that one fan in the pistons jersey on the court...wow, that had to have broken his face. :eek:

jbtrailerjim
11-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Isn't Ron Artest the one who asked for time off anyway's to promote his new rap album? Well he will have plenty of time to do that now. :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
11-21-2004, 06:01 PM
ALOT of these guys get it up front,and its in the bank?right ?
Ok, Most of these guys come from the GHETTO, Born Poor, have a talent that who knows who cares about and then they get paid mad money. They think they are gonna live and MAKE MONEY forever. They spend like that and most end up BROKE........

JetBoatRich
11-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Isn't Ron Artest the one who asked for time off anyway's to promote his new rap album? Well he will have plenty of time to do that now. :rolleyes:
LOL :hammerhea that's him

JetBoatRich
11-21-2004, 06:02 PM
ALOT of these guys get it up front,and its in the bank?right ?
Hope not, Look at what Ricky Williams did :mad: now Miami has to try and get the money back :hammer2:

SHOTKALLIN
11-21-2004, 06:05 PM
I think Artest is just trying to sell his CD. Oneal is a little bitch for clocking the fat guy. He had to be forced into the tunnel. he wanted to Fight more fans. He deserved every ounce of beer thrown at him. I say Ban them all.

Kilrtoy
11-21-2004, 06:08 PM
ya,but some of these guys got smarts,not many but some ,shit i could live the rest of my live on what some of theys guys get a year ;)
Smarts, is questionable, Have you ever heard them speak the ENGLISH language, But i could live for ever on one years salary also

SHOTKALLIN
11-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Ok, Most of these guys come from the GHETTO, Born Poor, have a talent that who knows who cares about and then they get paid mad money. They think they are gonna live and MAKE MONEY forever. They spend like that and most end up BROKE........
And?
they have had thier asses kissed since the first time they made a dunk. they skated through school and college with every on kissin thier ass. they just have no boundries because they have never ever had to be accountable for any thing. F'em.

SHOTKALLIN
11-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Smarts, is questionable, Have you ever heard them speak the ENGLISH language, But i could live for ever on one years salary also
when Shaq was a Laker he made like 189k a game or close to it

little rowe boat
11-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Hell ya,he might think twice next time.That freakin overpaid basketball player/gang banger is getting it where it hurts in the pocket book. :hammerhea

BoatPI
11-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Getto, etc, does not matter, money, hey, sounds like temper management. Screw him, he cold cocked that fan who was standing on the court, yeah maybe that was on of the guys who thre beer, so what, so can we justify bringing one fist to a gunfight.
Somehow I think a few will listen and learn from this, some will not. But the fans have to be nailed. Yet look at the beginning video, the fans were goated by "A" lying on the scorekeepers table. What a fool, if I was Stern, that would be worth 10 games. If you look at the tape, that STARTED the melee' to the peak.
I'll stick to hockey, if they ever play again.

RP1
11-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Yep, true dat!

SHOTKALLIN
11-21-2004, 06:37 PM
if I ever see any of them in puplic I will curse them and throw my drink in thier face.
I will sue and buy an apartment building.

riverdog
11-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Artest is a F***ing coward. Wallace hits him with a 2 hander to the jaw and he retreats faster than the French army. All the while being called out by Wallace. Then he gets hit with a plastic cup and he has to answer the bell with a fan 1/2 his size.
I'm calling PUSSY

cigarette1
11-21-2004, 07:02 PM
if I ever see any of them in puplic I will curse them and throw my drink in thier face.
I will sue and buy an apartment building.
Any of who exactly :confused:

Dr. Eagle
11-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Heck, he can't even sell popcorn in an NBA arena...
I think the dude deserved it. The fan (that threw the beer) was out of line, but I don't think the guy he went after even threw the beer... I am a little surprised that Stephen Johnson only got 30 games... as I saw it he was just about as guilty as Artest... :confused:

JetBoatRich
11-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Artest is a F***ing coward. Wallace hits him with a 2 hander to the jaw and he retreats faster than the French army. All the while being called out by Wallace. Then he gets hit with a plastic cup and he has to answer the bell with a fan 1/2 his size.
I'm calling PUSSY
LOL :hammerhea most people are half the size of Basketball players

Seadog
11-21-2004, 07:32 PM
Even if Artest doesn't get the message, the owners should. After the Piston players get done with suspensions and legal battles, the team will probably have zero wins for the season. Look how badly it screwed them in their last game not having a full roster. No chance to win, no fans willing to show up, revenues go boom.
I think that they should go after any fans that started anything, but there is no excuse for the players going after fans. They pay those idiots enough that they should control their tempers. I hope Artest gets the boot and becomes a pariah in the league.

voodooCanoe
11-21-2004, 07:37 PM
I loved the press confrence after the suspension.The press asked if everyone agreed with the decision and the guy said yes, the vote was 1 to 0. It was his decision and he was standing by it! Now that's 1 guy in the NBA I have respect for

Dr. Eagle
11-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Big bucks lost by these guys...
Amount lost by the nine players suspended
Player Games Salary Lost
Ron Artest 73 $6,158,000 $4,995,000
Stephen Jackson 30 $5,100,000 $1,700,000
Jermaine O'Neal 25 $14,800,000 $4,111,000
Ben Wallace 6 $6,000,000 $400,000
Anthony Johnson 5 $2,200,000 $122,222
Reggie Miller 1 $5,500,000 $61,111
Chauncey Billups 1 $5,455,000 $60,611
Derrick Coleman 1 $4,500,000 $50,000
Elden Campbell 1 $4,500,000 $48,888

Raisin Wake
11-21-2004, 08:47 PM
Elden Cambell makes $48,888 a game????? :sqeyes:
Someone's a sucker....

riverdog
11-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Just goes to show you. You put Dog S**t in a Bently, and it's still Dog S**t.

Dr. Eagle
11-21-2004, 09:44 PM
Just goes to show you. You put Dog S**t in a Bently, and it's still Dog S**t.
That's good... I always liked "Can't polish a turd"...

Boozer
11-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Personally I think those douche bags should be banned from the game for good.
I dont know about the rest of you but I work with the general public. They are my customers. If I were to do something severe or minor but none the less something that resulted in a customer throwing something at me like a beer and I beat that person up I would lose my job and go to jail. Why should these guys not face the same consequences me or anyone else face? What makes them any better then you or I or the fans they hit?
In reality those basketball players assaulted their customers. Those people there are the fans who pay the big bucks to be there and essentialy write the checks that those players cash. If it weren't for the fans spending money there would be no money and no checks to cash. You don't beat up your customers.
Regardless of coming from the ghetto, growing up poor, etc. etc. those guys are professional athletes and should know how to conduct themselves in a proffessional manner. Someone throws a beer at you then you walk it off and you let the authorities handle it. It's that simple.

spectratoad
11-21-2004, 11:30 PM
Personally I think those douche bags should be banned from the game for good.
I dont know about the rest of you but I work with the general public. They are my customers. If I were to do something severe or minor but none the less something that resulted in a customer throwing something at me like a beer and I beat that person up I would lose my job and go to jail. Why should these guys not face the same consequences me or anyone else face? What makes them any better then you or I or the fans they hit?
In reality those basketball players assaulted their customers. Those people there are the fans who pay the big bucks to be there and essentialy write the checks that those players cash. If it weren't for the fans spending money there would be no money and no checks to cash. You don't beat up your customers.
Regardless of coming from the ghetto, growing up poor, etc. etc. those guys are professional athletes and should know how to conduct themselves in a proffessional manner. Someone throws a beer at you then you walk it off and you let the authorities handle it. It's that simple.
I would have to say that 90% of me agrees with Boozer but the other 20 say that a player should only take so much. How many of you would sit back and take that and go to your locker room without swingin'? If I was in a retail enviro or a professional area that may be different but in this sports setting I would have to swing.
I do hope the fans get some fines, jail etc... tossed their way too though.

Kilrtoy
11-22-2004, 12:08 AM
DAMN BOOZER AGAIN I AGREE WITH YOU, almost,
NOONE should have to sit by and take shit thrown at them, but to attack a fan who you dont know if it was him or not. He F&*^ED up....

JetBoatRich
11-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Boozer, good point :cool: beating up your customers is a bad thing :yuk:

vdrivenman
11-22-2004, 03:45 AM
I know plenty of police & corrections officers who get worse and more disgusting things chunked on them than cokes and beer and they are not allowed to go in and administer punishment or assault the thrower. they have to maintain their cool and deal with it.
these pro ball players are nothing but thugs !!!!!!!!!!!!! for the money their making i think i could turn the other cheek, hell i do it now for a lot less. i don't make in a year what they make in a game !
i beleive the fan should also be held accountable ! i am sure there was security at the game ,let them handle the fans, put them out of the building and file criminal on them.

MagicMtnDan
11-22-2004, 05:19 AM
NBA players are part of a very small and exclusive group of guys paid millions to play basketball professionallly at the highest level in the world.
There are hundreds of thousands of fans worldwide that look up to them, that want to be like them, that cheer them on and hope they can win a championship for "their team."
If they don't want to exercise enough self-control to act like professionals then they will be gone. Every job has tough demands. The ditch digger has to get in the ditch and dig all day. The mechanic has to get under the vehicles and fix them all day whether it's cold or hot out. The salesman has to get more sales. We all have tough demands at our jobs. And I, for one, am not getting paid millions to do it (but I'm worth it).
When I see professional basketball players crusing through the stands like sharks on the prowl for their next victim, I worry about the future of professional basketball and the NBA. This was the worst ever and it's a culmination of events over the past years. Ugly, ugly, ugly.
Sure some of the fans are AWFUL. They scream out the worst possible things they can think of (and some of them are very creative, aggressive, and abusive) and some do it all game long. Sure it's awful for a player to hear those things. And I do believe the league and the cities/arenas have a responsibility to eject/arrest those abusive fans immediately. They must show everyone that that kind of behavior will not be tolerated.
But the players are obligated to show restraint and act like the multi-millionaire professionals that they are. There are millions of people who would LOVE to play basketball and get paid 1/10 what these guys make. The league and its fans cannot afford to condone this criminal type of behavior or there will no longer be an NBA.

99 232 baja
11-22-2004, 05:28 AM
One More Reason Not To Watch The NBA. OH , AND BY THE WAY... EVERBODY HAVE A HAPPYTHANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!

Essex502
11-22-2004, 07:19 AM
I heard this morning that if the Artest suspension is upheld and not reduced through grievance or lawsuit that it would be longer than Sprewell's for choking his own coach.
What Artest and the other players that went into the stands did was WRONG but the millions lost seems a little excessive to me. Maybe half that.
If there are no arrests and prosecutions for the fans that through cups, beer, chair and punches than it will be a travesty.

Desert Rat
11-22-2004, 07:59 AM
For the amount these guys get payed you could dress me in pink and call me Mary for all I care. Some of these guys feel that the amount of $$ that they make directly corralates to the amount of respect they are owed (not earned but owed) Ghetto mentality. I wouldn't what shit thrown at me but a good point was made on what cops have to endure from the public (ie dirtbags in most cases) and lord forbid your caught giving some guy a Mag-light shampoo that justly deserves it. The guy that rocked the fan just standing on the court should do jail time PERIOD! I do believe that the rest of their saleries will be taken also in settlements :D

Essex502
11-22-2004, 08:13 AM
For the amount these guys get payed you could dress me in pink and call me Mary for all I care. Some of these guys feel that the amount of $$ that they make directly corralates to the amount of respect they are owed (not earned but owed) Ghetto mentality. I wouldn't what shit thrown at me but a good point was made on what cops have to endure from the public (ie dirtbags in most cases) and lord forbid your caught giving some guy a Mag-light shampoo that justly deserves it. The guy that rocked the fan just standing on the court should do jail time PERIOD! I do believe that the rest of their saleries will be taken also in settlements :D
The heavy set fan in the Pistons uniform who was "loading up" to fight got what he deserved. Punched that is. That is nothing more than trespass to come onto the court.
If a fan wants to get involved in a melee such as happened then he deserves everything he gets.
Players don't deserve having objects thrown at them at anytime. Like I said, players must not go into the stands for "payback" but what the fans did was WRONG on so many points as well.

ratso
11-22-2004, 08:49 AM
The fan that came onto the court was thinking lawsuit... no more, no less.

RiverDave
11-22-2004, 10:13 AM
I've read it mentioned in here more then once.. "I hope the fans get some fines" implying that the NBA can fine a fan.. How does that work?
If the NBA tried to fine me (a private citizen and not part of their league) I'd tell them to kiss my ass.
RD

RiverDave
11-22-2004, 10:18 AM
I've read it mentioned in here more then once.. "I hope the fans get some fines" implying that the NBA can fine a fan.. How does that work?
If the NBA tried to fine me (a private citizen and not part of their league) I'd tell them to kiss my ass.
RD

syke-o
11-22-2004, 10:20 AM
the money keeps being brought up, but is not really the issue..
lets say you work for company A, and you get in an argument with another employee from company A. While arguing there are a few customers that are watching the argument and one of them decides to launch their soft drink and it hits you square in the face. Now would we all be getting on the employees case if he went after the customer for launching a drink in his face? Or do we look at it differently because the NBA players make so much loot??
now if i was in an argument with a fellow employee and some dude decides to launch a drink at my face, i would definetely light him up!!!

Essex502
11-22-2004, 10:22 AM
RD
NBA can't "fine" a fan. However, the NBA could cause a season ticket holder's seat to be pulled. That in effect "fines" the season ticket holder.