PDA

View Full Version : Working weekends.

Tom Brown
11-21-2004, 07:38 PM
It's Sunday evening and I'm at work. I like my job but it's not my favorite thing.
The thing that keeps me cheery about it is that I work with great people who are only too happy to let me take off early on the nice summer days and leave early on Friday afternoon every weekend when the weather is nice. That takes the edge off hanging out Sunday evening pushing to finish a report that likely will never be read.
I think I'll leave a turd in the bathroom sink. :cool:

Kilrtoy
11-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Wife is at work also til 7am

Debbolas
11-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Be happy in your work, Tom ;)

JetBoatRich
11-21-2004, 07:41 PM
That puts a end to a good day at work :jawdrop:

boatnam2
11-21-2004, 07:54 PM
i work 3 weekends a month and mrsboatnam basically works every weekend so i hear what your saying it sucks.

clownpuncher
11-21-2004, 08:15 PM
Working weekends does suck, big time. I assume since you work the weekends you get weekdays off? I've always been a big fan of mid-week river trips. Less people and boats. The downside of mid-week river trips is....less people and less boats. I miss the big parties ie: OP6, RD's B-day bash etc. I guess it's all what you make of it.

phebus
11-21-2004, 08:17 PM
Two words CP...Trade time.. Work that schedule..... :hammer2:

boatnam2
11-21-2004, 08:19 PM
i love being off during the week and weekday river trips are killer, but it would be nice to hang out with some freinds and go to op6 and other functions every once in awhile.may have a few things working to free up some weekends.

phebus
11-21-2004, 08:22 PM
I try my hardest to not let my job effect my personal life :D

clownpuncher
11-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Two words CP...Trade time.. Work that schedule..... :hammer2:
Yeah Phebus, time trades at the FD are easy and used on a regular basis. Comp time is also another golden nugget. I'm talking about the freaking restaurant/anchor/ball-n-chain. Weekends are slammin days and we kinda have to be there. You're with OCFA right? My boy R. Patterson has been a great customer since we've been open and a great friend for many many years. We've had a quite a few beers together talking FEMA/USAR and basic FD BS.

phebus
11-21-2004, 08:27 PM
CP, I need to get out and meet you. I need to check out that restaurant of yours. My only problem is my in-laws live out there, and I have to sneak out there without them knowing I am in town. :D

clownpuncher
11-21-2004, 08:49 PM
CP, I need to get out and meet you. I need to check out that restaurant of yours. My only problem is my in-laws live out there, and I have to sneak out there without them knowing I am in town. :D
Mucho understando. :D

Dr. Eagle
11-21-2004, 09:50 PM
It's Sunday evening and I'm at work. I like my job but it's not my favorite thing.
I always used to like to say "I work to live, I don't live to work"... Wish I'd start listening to myself sometimes...
You don't suppose they'd figure out who left the present do you? :confused: :supp:

Kilrtoy
11-21-2004, 09:53 PM
I always used to like to say "I work to live, I don't live to work"... Wish I'd start listening to myself sometimes...
You don't suppose they'd figure out who left the present do you? :confused: :supp:
YOU ARE DOOMED

Debbolas
11-21-2004, 10:38 PM
dooooomed!!!! :D :clover:

Blown 472
11-21-2004, 10:40 PM
The thing that keeps me cheery about it is that I work with great people who are only too happy to let me take off early on the nice summer days and leave early on Friday afternoon every weekend when the weather is nice. That takes the edge off hanging out Sunday evening pushing to finish a report that likely will never be read.
But you gots to love the time and a half, and double time, and then holidays for the triple dip.
Go shit in your boss's office on a plate and put it under his desk.

spectratoad
11-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Mucho understando. :D
It is nice to see that someone can speak english in here. :D :D :D

sorry dog
11-22-2004, 09:50 AM
This would be good poll material but I gotta ask...do you wank at work?

MsDrmr
11-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Been there done that, I know it's tough,, :notam:
heres a cup of coffee for ya hon :coffeycup

lucky
11-22-2004, 10:38 AM
tom - we had a early thanksgiving and i ate drank and left a poooopie in the can . ohh by the way WE DRANK did i mention that ??? :D