PDA

View Full Version : Hey Boozer

MsDrmr
11-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Wanted to touch base with you and see how your bro is doin. I have been keepin him and yours in my prayers, let us know how things are.
Honestly, if I can do anything for you please dont be afraid\proud to ask.
"May God be with you and your loved ones as the holidays approach us quickly, and may all of you be blessed with peace and love", from my heart to your family

MsDrmr
11-23-2004, 08:55 AM
since your on here this am , wanted to bring this back to the top

Boozer
11-23-2004, 09:19 AM
My brother is doing okay. He asked me to put leaving on hold because he may decide to move back here. Apparently he's fighting with his employer and may be losing his job. Losing his job due to being absent from work to see the doctor, go to the hospital, etc. all illness related. He also has FMLA but they say he is out of FMLA time and his next absence will result in termination even if his next absence is him being admitted to the hospital. How that is legal is beyond me. If he loses his job he's selling his house and moving back out here.
The infection in his lungs seems to be clearing up and he's begining to feel a lot better. Depending on how he is feeling I may fly him out here for Christmas or if he's not up to it I'm going to fly out there.

11-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Glad to hear he is feeling better. If I were him I'd be talking to a lawyer about the job situation. :idea:

MsDrmr
11-23-2004, 09:37 AM
My brother is doing okay. He asked me to put leaving on hold because he may decide to move back here. Apparently he's fighting with his employer and may be losing his job. Losing his job due to being absent from work to see the doctor, go to the hospital, etc. all illness related. He also has FMLA but they say he is out of FMLA time and his next absence will result in termination even if his next absence is him being admitted to the hospital. How that is legal is beyond me. If he loses his job he's selling his house and moving back out here.
The infection in his lungs seems to be clearing up and he's begining to feel a lot better. Depending on how he is feeling I may fly him out here for Christmas or if he's not up to it I'm going to fly out there.
f-ing companies, I know they need their employees, but for crying out loud, has no business owner have compassion anymore.. Boozer I am sorry, please call me if you need anything

Boozer
11-23-2004, 11:06 AM
f-ing companies, I know they need their employees, but for crying out loud, has no business owner have compassion anymore.. Boozer I am sorry, please call me if you need anything
Company owners would be the general public as it is a publicly held and traded company he works for. Comcast is his employer.
According to company policy an employee is entitled to 480 hours a year of FMLA time. When he was hospitalized he was out on short term disability for 6 weeks they deducted that 240 hours from his FMLA time. Since then he has been taking a fairly substantial amount of time off due to doc visits and emergency room visits. His 480 hours are now up.
His losing the job isn't what concerns me so much. It's his losing his job AND his health insurance that I worry about. Worst case scenario he loses his income I could if needed take a second job so I could provide him the money he needs to pay his bills. No big deal. But his losing his health insurance is a huge deal. The goverment says he made to much money to get health insurance through them so he's f*cked without health insurance.
I've told him it's time to start looking for an attorney and fight those pricks.

MsDrmr
11-23-2004, 01:00 PM
Company owners would be the general public as it is a publicly held and traded company he works for. Comcast is his employer.
According to company policy an employee is entitled to 480 hours a year of FMLA time. When he was hospitalized he was out on short term disability for 6 weeks they deducted that 240 hours from his FMLA time. Since then he has been taking a fairly substantial amount of time off due to doc visits and emergency room visits. His 480 hours are now up.
His losing the job isn't what concerns me so much. It's his losing his job AND his health insurance that I worry about. Worst case scenario he loses his income I could if needed take a second job so I could provide him the money he needs to pay his bills. No big deal. But his losing his health insurance is a huge deal. The goverment says he made to much money to get health insurance through them so he's f*cked without health insurance.
I've told him it's time to start looking for an attorney and fight those pricks.
Yes, attorneys, very good idea, I would reccomend that as well. He really needs to take a stand and flip them mo fos off. move forward and come to CA, where all is better anyway. What better place to spend a cold summer than in Ca where its usually 85 degrees