PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy's Jewels................

Rod-64
11-23-2004, 09:53 AM
How slow or feeble was this burglar that Ozzy could get this guy in a head lock? Ozzy barely shuffles across the floor!
Osbourne jewels: $187,000 reward
LONDON, England (CNN) -- Rocker Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon have appealed to the public to help them recover £2 million ($3.74 million) worth of jewelry stolen from their British country mansion.
"Everything we got we worked our asses off for," Sharon Osbourne told reporters Tuesday.
"When somebody comes who hasn't worked and wants to take what is yours, it pisses me off big time."
During a televised news conference, the Osbournes showed photographs of the jewelry -- including Sharon's wedding rings which she said were taken from her bedside table -- and offered a £100,000 ($187,000) reward for information leading to the conviction of the thieves.
Ozzy Osbourne, 55, who fought off one of the burglars, said he acted "on instinct" to protect his wife's jewelry which he said had "enormous" sentimental value.
The former Black Sabbath front man said he had the burglar in a headlock in the early hours of Monday before the intruder jumped from a first-floor window and escaped with an accomplice.
"At the time that I had a go at the assailant... I was acting purely on instinct," Osbourne said.
"In hindsight, it could have been a lot worse. I could have been like George Harrison (the late Beatle who had once been stabbed by an intruder).
"I could have been badly injured or shot or anything."
Earlier, Osbourne told Britain's Sun tabloid that the intruder "was a big, strong man. ... At one point I thought I could kill him to stop him hurting Sharon. But then I just let him drop."
"It was terrifying. I was looking to see if he had a knife. I can't get his staring eyes out of my mind."
Osbourne said he intends to beef up security at his home in Chalfont St. Peter, Buckinghamshire, northwest of London.
The burglary occurred about 4 a.m. Monday after the couple celebrated the birthday of Elton John's boyfriend, David Furnish, the UK's Press Association reported.
The Osbournes are staying at their Buckinghamshire home while Sharon appears in the British TV talent show "The X-Factor."
Their children were not in the house at the time. Police said Osbourne's daughter, Kelly, was in Vancouver, Canada, and his son, Jack, was in Los Angeles.
Jay Marose, the family's spokesman in the United States, said "my understanding is that the intruder was discovered in ... Sharon's dressing room," adjoining the main bedroom, he said.
The intruder had used a ladder to get into the first floor room and police believe he would have been injured by the jump.
In a statement, Thames Valley Police said: "The disturbance woke the residents and a man grabbed one of the burglars.
"The offender eventually managed to struggle free and then jumped out of the window and made off.
"Police believe the burglar who escaped would have been injured after jumping from the window, a drop of 30 feet (9 meters)."
The man who jumped from the window is described as being of large build, 5 feet 10 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall. He was wearing a ski mask, a light-colored jacket and trainers.
There is no description of the second man. Police believe the men were driving a large vehicle, possibly a van.
The break-in is the latest event in a turbulent recent history for the Osbournes, who were thrust back into the media spotlight following the success of their eponymous reality TV show.
Last December, Osbourne spent eight days in a coma after breaking his collarbone, six ribs and a vertebra in a quadbike accident at the Buckinghamshire estate.
"Changes," his duet with daughter Kelly, topped the charts in the weeks following the accident as Osbourne made his recovery.
Sharon Osbourne has battled back from a cancer scare and saw her U.S. talk show axed this year.
But she has bounced back as a judge on "The X-Factor." The couple also appeared together Friday night on the BBC's "Children In Need" program, an annual fund-raising charity extravaganza for disadvantaged children.

sizzlingcell
11-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Actually since Oz changed Doctors and Meds he is much more active and looking like the Old Ozz Man...

cdog
11-23-2004, 11:33 AM
That guy's a complete idiot. I predict that when him and his wife die their fat sasuage finger'd kids will burn thru their family cash and go out like chris farley.

hoolign
11-23-2004, 05:18 PM
That guy's a complete idiot. I predict that when him and his wife die their fat sasuage finger'd kids will burn thru their family cash and go out like chris farley.
An idiot who has probably written some of the best tunes in rock to date, or an idiot who has helped launch how many carreers to date? or maybe an idiot who is that old still doin what he loves and just like he did 20 years ago?
remember opinions are like assholes... :notam: