PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell Blowdown

dirty old man
11-23-2004, 11:31 AM
how about that 90 hour bottom blow down out of the glen canyon dam? meant to remove silt and dump it down the colorado. sounds good for lake mead but bad for powell. will check lake levels later this week to see any difference. still can't launch at Hemminway tho...

AzLakeLizard
11-23-2004, 11:59 AM
They had to halt the Ferry Crossing from Bullfrog to Halls Crossing today because of a new ROCK showing up in the channel that they run! :jawdrop:
and they were saying that there would be little or no effect.. right :hammer2:
The Flow is supposed to be halted by 1am on Thanksgiving morning... and then we will run down to the docks and check out the effect!

Boatcop
11-23-2004, 12:13 PM
When it's all said and done, the release won't have any effect on either Lake.
All they did was blow out a month or so worth of releases in a short time. There will be minimal releases from now until the month has gone by, and then they'll resume normal releases.
There may have been a large initial drop in Powell, and rise in Mead, but after the month has passed, the levels are going to be the same as if they'd just kept up with the standard release.

MsDrmr
11-23-2004, 12:47 PM
for those of you who reside at Powell, please post pics, that is my favoriate place in the world and mr has yet to see it. I would like to show it off for ya, maybe we can hook up with you all sometime

Mardonzi
11-23-2004, 12:51 PM
for those of you who reside at Powell, please post pics, that is my favoriate place in the world and mr has yet to see it. I would like to show it off for ya, maybe we can hook up with you all sometime
We would love too,, unfortunately, I am pictorally illiterate (can't use photoshop worth a damn) and everything that I attempt to resize, crop, fold, spindle, or mutilate always ends up being the wrong size,,, AzLL is better at it than I am... (there, I admitted it,, I CAN be bested by a woman) :confused:
I know that we have been discussing a trip out for the week prior to Memorial Day with Titties and Beer, Deeznutz, and a few others,, drag out a couple of houseboats,, drink a few margs,,, Keep it in mind

MsDrmr
11-23-2004, 12:53 PM
We would love too,, unfortunately, I am pictorally illiterate (can't use photoshop worth a damn) and everything that I attempt to resize, crop, fold, spindle, or mutilate always ends up being the wrong size,,, AzLL is better at it than I am... (there, I admitted it,, I CAN be bested by a woman) :confused:
and this time I will show up and bring breakfast...Promise. :redface: :redface:

Mardonzi
11-23-2004, 12:55 PM
and this time I will show up and bring breakfast...Promise. :redface: :redface:
I'll hold you to that,,, I'll even mix the bloodies,,,

MsDrmr
11-23-2004, 01:06 PM
I'll hold you to that,,, I'll even mix the bloodies,,,
okay, it's eggs benedict with extra sauce, and some hash browns right. :D
Make mine strong, and with a slice of celery :redface:

AzLakeLizard
11-23-2004, 01:10 PM
I know that we have been discussing a trip out for the week prior to Memorial Day with Titties and Beer, Deeznutz, and a few others,, drag out a couple of houseboats,, drink a few margs,,, Keep it in mind
WOOHOO.. YA FINALLY ADMITTED IT...LOL :jawdrop:
Ok.. I will dredge up a few pics of Powell.. Do I have to wait until spring for another lake run??? Pout Pout :confused:
and for the Lake.. the people who have to extend the docks, electrical, etc to keep things running.. like Dangling Rope etc. This Water dump effects them more so right now than if it happened gradually. Just my minor input!