Chris

Magic34
04-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Posted this in tow rigs but thought I'd ask here to
What do you think?
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111860
Thanks,
Chris
Sell the 20's and instead of lowering it, take that money and buy some 24's for it.

jasonwtc
04-17-2006, 10:10 AM
i would put some 2" drop spindles and a set of drop keys to get you about a 5" drop in the front and then you can use drop trailing arm brackets and airbags in the back to adjust the height when towing and get you a better ride then you would get with the drop coils

sigepmock
04-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Sell the 20's and instead of lowering it, take that money and buy some 24's for it.
She hates 24's but 20's are ok..... :confused: Don't ask me.
I like the Air Ride Shockwaves up front and the Cool Ride in the rear. They say it should get us about 3" worth of drop and the shocks are adjustable as well as the bags.........but it might be a little much.
Maybe just do the drop spindles up front with the Cool ride in the rear.
Anyone recomend a good shop in SoCal???
Thanks,
Chris

Cole Trickle
04-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Leave it alone;)
McGaudeys (sp) sells a decent kit 2-3" I think

sigepmock
04-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Leave it alone;)
McGaudeys (sp) sells a decent kit 2-3" I think
That's the recomended one so far. But I think we'll ditch the coil springs in the rear and go with an Auto ride style airbags system....
Aren't you supposed to be the expert on low riders.... :cool:

Cole Trickle
04-17-2006, 11:15 AM
That's the recomended one so far. But I think we'll ditch the coil springs in the rear and go with an Auto ride style airbags system....
Aren't you supposed to be the expert on low riders.... :cool:
My 96 Full size had a Belltech 5-7 Drop with rear bags and it rode really nice until the bags leaked.
My 03 Full Size had a 3-4 and rode good unless you went over railroad tracks at full speed.(It hit frame in the rear)
Jens truck is staying stock or getting a small lift.Girls have this thing about jumping curbs,running over fencing or hitting buckets on the freeway that will eliminate them(Her) from the lowered truck club;)
Plus I am getting older and with age comes wisdom.....My next vehicle will be 100% stock;) :crossx:

fourspeednup
04-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Jens truck is staying stock or getting a small lift.Girls have this thing about jumping curbs,running over fencing or hitting buckets on the freeway that will eliminate them(Her) from the lowered truck club;)
Too true....already replaced a Nitto 305-40-22 about a month back. Next time I'll just take my chances and drive drunk J/K :D :D
Plus I am getting older and with age comes wisdom.....My next vehicle will be 100% stock;) :crossx:
I call major BS on this one :p Sell the vette yet? :cry:

sigepmock
04-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Where's the "When Monkeys fly out my a$$" icon when you need it.
I said that about my last lifted truck and look what happened. :crossx: I just needed to do it right from the begining and not skimp on the $$$
Thinking about just doing a 2/3" drop with rear bags. Recomend any shops?

MrsSigEpMock
04-17-2006, 11:29 AM
:mad: GD Chris.... I just asked. I haven't even have the thing 5 weeks and you're already focking with it!
You have enough of your own crap to mess with.....BTW what was the $50 for on Black Rhino??? :eat:
I don't remember ordering anything :hammerhea
"Husband for Sell" goes in the spam section, right?? :wink:

Magic34
04-17-2006, 11:38 AM
:mad: GD Chris.... I just asked. I haven't even have the thing 5 weeks and you're already focking with it!
You have enough of your own crap to mess with.....BTW what was the $50 for on Black Rhino??? :eat:
And this is the reason..... Fellas, keep the ladies off your men's club site.
Busted!

Cole Trickle
04-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Your being too hard on him;)
Why should he get in trouble for making your ride as comfortable and classy as possible?(It's a love thing)
The Black Rhino charge is to help the endangered species over in Africa.I too have made quite a few donations to ensure the survival of a magnificent animal.(This has nothing to do with the blue toy in your garge :p )
In all fairness you know finding someone better than Chris would be next to impossible so unless your looking to cash out and go the women on women route he might be worth hanging on too.(Don't forget men are like modified vehicles we are only worth 10 cents on the dollar once married)
<------- has no problem if your giving him up for the above mentioned reason!!! :crossx: :D

MrsSigEpMock
04-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Your being too hard on him;)
In all fairness you know finding someone better than Chris would be next to impossible so unless your looking to cash out and go the women on women route he might be worth hanging on too.(Don't forget men are like modified vehicles we are only worth 10 cents on the dollar once married)
<------- has no problem if your giving him up for the above mentioned reason!!! :crossx: :D
B- It is a good thing I like Chris, becuase if I did cash him in, I'd lose a lot of $$$. I'm just proving a point to him, that he can't just let things be stock. He even keeps telling me "you can get boobs if you want them". and he's getting his eyes done tomorrow too. (now he's really gonna wanna tweek things now that he can see them!) :rollside:

MrsSigEpMock
04-17-2006, 11:50 AM
And this is the reason..... Fellas, keep the ladies off your men's club site.
Busted!
It's all in good fun, If Chris didn't spend our money all the time I'd have nothing else to complain about! :)

Cole Trickle
04-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Too true....already replaced a Nitto 305-40-22 about a month back. Next time I'll just take my chances and drive drunk J/K :D :D
I call major BS on this one :p Sell the vette yet? :cry:
Those Nittos don't come cheap but they are great tires.(I had some 404's on my last truck)
I haven't been pushing the vette sale. If the new mortgage feels OK and the commute dosen't kill me I will probably hang onto it?
I have been debating either...
06 Regular cab 5.3L (Magnacharged/lowered on 20's)
06 Magnum RT (Stock,boring yet comfy and cool)
Shall see?
How was the weekend? :crossx:

Cole Trickle
04-17-2006, 11:55 AM
B- It is a good thing I like Chris, becuase if I did cash him in, I'd lose a lot of $$$. I'm just proving a point to him, that he can't just let things be stock. He even keeps telling me "you can get boobs if you want them". and he's getting his eyes done tomorrow too. (now he's really gonna wanna tweek things now that he can see them!) :rollside:
He must have gotten a nice Christmas bonus to be so giving;) :idea:
He is nicer that me Jen is looking to get boobies before the end of may and I am making her pay for them herself. :)
Hopefully when he gets his eyes done he will still be a good leader on the Rhino rides!! I thought he was crazy but maybe he drives like that because he can't see???!!! :crossx: :220v: :p

sigepmock
04-17-2006, 11:57 AM
It's all in good fun, If Chris didn't spend our money all the time I'd have nothing else to complain about! :)
Wow just like that ....out in front of the bus......BAM!!!!!! right in front of everyone...... :cry:
I tell ya....try to help your wife out after SHE asks about her car.....and this is what happens....public humiliation.....I just can't win.....
That's it I'm out.....I'm going over to The Inside Line.....oh wait.....nevermind........

MrsSigEpMock
04-17-2006, 11:59 AM
He is nicer that me Jen is looking to get boobies before the end of may and I am making her pay for them herself. :)
Hopefully when he gets his eyes done he will still be a good leader on the Rhino rides!! I thought he was crazy but maybe he drives like that because he can't see???!!! :crossx: :220v: :p
We're married so he'd own 50% of the boobs anyway. Tell Jen if/when you guy get married you'll buy them at the depreciated value as of wedding date! j/k. You were on the ride to the drags right? It was his navagator!!! :p But he didn't listen anyway..... so we had to take the road.

sigepmock
04-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the support Brandin!!! I owe you a couple.....
My eyes shouldn't change the way I drive......I try to use the "Force" as much as possible when driving......in fact my eyes are closed most of the time anyway........ :D
Chris

MrsSigEpMock
04-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow just like that ....out in front of the bus......BAM!!!!!! right in front of everyone...... :cry:
I tell ya....try to help your wife out after SHE asks about her car.....and this is what happens....public humiliation.....I just can't win.....
That's it I'm out.....I'm going over to The Inside Line.....oh wait.....nevermind........
Hi Honey!!! :mix:

sigepmock
04-17-2006, 12:03 PM
If anybody needs me call my cell I'll be out of the office for the rest of the day.....I'm going over to Montclair Yamaha to get that bike I've been wanting but was holding off in case my wife was serious about getting some work done to her Tahoe....now that that's out of the way.......
After that I'll be down at Al & Ed's getting the rest of the stuff done that I've been wanting.....like the alarm with Autostart (That the Tahoe already has) and the system upgrade.
Talk to you all later :mad:

SoCalHD
04-17-2006, 12:10 PM
If anybody needs me call my cell I'll be out of the office for the rest of the day.....I'm going over to Montclair Yamaha to get that bike I've been wanting but was holding off in case my wife was serious about getting some work done to her Tahoe....now that that's out of the way.......
After that I'll be down at Al & Ed's getting the rest of the stuff done that I've been wanting.....like the alarm with Autostart (That the Tahoe already has) and the system upgrade.
Talk to you all later :mad:
I thought we were going to Ultra as well??? Forget the deck boat, lets see if John can fit twin vipers in that 27 Cat!!! Since your going big.......and shit :)

djunkie
04-17-2006, 12:11 PM
My 96 Full size had a Belltech 5-7 Drop with rear bags and it rode really nice until the bags leaked.
My 03 Full Size had a 3-4 and rode good unless you went over railroad tracks at full speed.(It hit frame in the rear)
Aint this the truth. My new truck is stock and its staying that way. :rollside:

sigepmock
04-17-2006, 12:20 PM
I thought we were going to Ultra as well??? Forget the deck boat, lets see if John can fit twin vipers in that 27 Cat!!! Since your going big.......and shit :)
YEAH!!!!! That's right.....Ultra here we come!!!!! I hope they can install a beer bong too......you know how I hate to spill beer at 120mph....steering with my knees... :rollside:

SoCalHD
04-17-2006, 12:26 PM
YEAH!!!!! That's right.....Ultra here we come!!!!! I hope they can install a beer bong too......you know how I hate to spill beer at 120mph....steering with my knees... :rollside:
I'm sure that they have something that matches in billet, of course........And with full hyd. steering-why do you even need to touch the steering wheel at all??? Just hit the "auto pilot" and have both hands free to hit the beer bong and throw beads!!!LOL :crossx: :crossx: