PDA

View Full Version : Wear Sunblock !!!!!!

riverbound
04-17-2006, 11:19 AM
So Friday night my aunt gets a call from her Dr. and she finds out she has stage 3 melanoma
All of us kids found out Sat. Morning. We all knew something was wrong when my mom called an emergency family meeting. So obviously I have had alot on my mind this weekend and will continue to for a while.
My aunt is 50....but looks like she is in her 30's. of all our family members she has always been the healthiest of all of us.....but she was the type who liked to go to the river and lay out and tan.
Im not the praying type....but I have to say that god and I have reopend a line of communication.
I have read threads like this before and always thought to myself, oh whatever I have been going to the river forever......well it finally hit close to home. Now I get to watch the effects of chemo, etc..... first hand (again)
Needless to say there will always be sunblock on both my kids and my self from now on.

JB in so cal
04-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Prayers for your family!

Biglue
04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Hope everything works out for the best Bill. Will keep a good thought for her.

fourspeednup
04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Shit Bill, I wish I didn't have to hear that but best wishes to the whole fam through this :(
I'm good about wearing sun screen but I still usually leave the river with burns the first couple trips out. Stupid move especially since my pops has had to have a few minor spots removed. I'm with you on thinking it will never happen to someone close :(

AZKC
04-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Wow that sucks, I have been getting biopsies done for about 4 years now, have had only one true melanoma out of about 100 tests and they were able to remove it. Best wishes to your Aunt.
Like RB said folks wear those hats and apply that sunscreen./

djunkie
04-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Sorry to hear that Bill. Hope everything turns out alright.
For years I always thought that bimini's looked gay on boats. I just had one made for my boat this winter. After one day out with it up I can tell that it is worth every penny.

atomickitn
04-17-2006, 11:36 AM
best wishes to your family........remember the man up stairs is ..always listing...the louder you talk the more he hears..... :)

Nord
04-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Sad news Bill.............I'm pretty good at wearing lotion, but not the blocking kind. Maybe its time to switch it up.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Sorry to hear the news B.K. I know we talked about this earlier but I just wanted to let you know you and your family will be in our thoughts. :rollside:
:boxed:

andy01
04-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Bill sorry to hear it! For those of you that read in disbelief, or think it won't happen to you.............. I grew up gong to the river. At 32, I just had a spot removed from my back that "caught at a later date may not have been a removal". Wear sun block! It's the fastest killer out there...........
Andy

Wicky
04-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I've had two spots on my face that I opted to do an "experimental" treatment. I started treatment on one spot in the end of January. As of three weeks ago I am in complete dismay. The spot, about the same diameter of good sized nipple has 98% dissappeared. It was very visible high on my cheek about 3/4 inch below my left eye.
My girlfriend does FDA drug reasearch and this treatment was NOT approved. It had a 97% success rate too. So far, it appears that it is 100% success for me so far. I just started treatment on the second spot a couple of weeks ago. We shall see how it works.
Mow,
Wicky

barbigrl
04-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Sad news Bill.............I'm pretty good at wearing lotion, but not the blocking kind. Maybe its time to switch it up.
You are the worst offendor!!
Wow this is the first I have heard!! I am sorry to hear that..... :( I sure hope she is going to be ok.