PDA

View Full Version : My End of my Best Friend

Mandelon
11-29-2004, 08:43 PM
:frown:
Motorcyclist's death baffles police
By Marshall Allen , Staff Writer
PASADENA -- Pasadena detectives said Monday they are searching for a motive and a suspect in the shooting death of a motorcyclist over the weekend.
Marc Gerard Falcinella, 39, of Pasadena, suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the back when he was riding his motorcycle about 2:40 a.m. Sunday in the 500 block of Lincoln Avenue, said Sgt. Tom Delgado of the Pasadena Police Department.
"The investigation is leading toward the fact that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and became a victim,' Delgado said.
Witnesses told police they heard people on the street talking before the shooting, which is not unusual on a weekend in the residential area, Delgado said. Soon afterward, they heard four to seven shots being fired. After the shots, witnesses said they heard a vehicle and a motorcycle speed away, Delgado said.
Falcinella apparently continued riding after he was shot, but fell a short distance from the scene. He was taken to Huntington Hospital where he was pronounced dead, Delgado said. It was the eighth homicide in Pasadena this year.
Delgado said it's unknown why Falcinella was in the area. He was last seen by his mother about 10 p.m. Friday, Delgado said.
"We have no idea if he had business in the area, if he didn't have business in the area, if he was lost, if they stopped him and tried to rob him; we don't know anything,' Delgado said.
I grew up with this guy. He was my best friend from 6 years of age until I moved to San Diego in 1985. He had a drug problem. That's probably why he was up there. He'd spent time in prison for cocaine possession and sales.
What is even more tragic is that he is the third and last son to be killed from the Falcinella family. The first, Paul, was killed by the Sheriffs up in the high desert, on a motorcycle, on a drug issue. The second brother Perry, was killed by some druggies in the forest near Arcata, in Northern CA, while on a magic mushroom gathering trip. The parents were nice, but something sure cursed that family. Marc would've had it so easy too. Just take care of his mom and the house.....his dad died last year, he was a well off commercial real estate broker.....
Huntington Hospital is the same place my father was pronounced dead. :frown:
Two other kids my neighborhood also suffered drug related deaths. One OD'd mainlining coke and heroin, a speedball? I think its called, and the other crashed his car......

dmontzsta
11-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend, there are definately some jacked up people in the world.

Kilrtoy
11-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Sorry to hear that mandy

BarryMac
11-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Sorry to hear of this Mandelon, drugs will take you down faster than anything in life, I nearly lost a brother about 15 years ago... My thoughts are with you and with the family...
Barry

78Eliminator
11-29-2004, 08:47 PM
That's really rough. I am speechless. I hear another reason to leave California almost every day.

bunny 166
11-29-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm so sorry Mandelon-I don't know what to say. How sad for the family; my condolences to you. Bunny

Sleek-Jet
11-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Jesus Mandy, that's almost Shakespearian...
My condolences.

Mandelon
11-29-2004, 08:50 PM
I don't need thoughts or prayers.......save em for those who really need them. Just sad, that's all.
He just couldn't quit. Cocaine is a powerful drug and those boys were easily susceptible......:( He always fell in with the wrong crowd....except me, of course... ;) Well, maybe I just left in time....

LVJAKAZ
11-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Im so sorry to hear that..PLEASE take care

RP1
11-29-2004, 08:59 PM
sorry to hear this. If you want the complete details Mandy, let me know and I will find out tomorrow and forward it to you. PM me if so...

Racer277
11-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Sorry to hear that Mandy.
It's tough to hear about it the way you did.
Hopefully his mother has more family.
R277

hoolign
11-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Sorry to here dude!..
I can relate to what your going through, Last month a buddy of mine who was getting deeper and deeper into the coke , was murdered by three guys I know, they are awaiting trial onfirst and second degree murder, 3 lives drastically changed, 1 ended, and countless others paying a different price..I too got away from that shit along time ago..at probably the right time.
it's a shame that people don't weigh the odds before getting involved in the darker side of life...
Here's to workin hard..livin right ...and livin on
Jeff.

Debbolas
11-29-2004, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry Mandy :(

C-2
11-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Losing your best friend sucks - they're like family members and can never be replaced.
Sorry to hear the bad news, especially for the poor mother. Gotta be tough. :(

IN2-IN2MX
11-29-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. This is terrible.

Rexone
11-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Sorry Mandy :(

RiverKitty
11-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Wow Mandy! That's awful. I feel really sad for the mom left all alone with no husband or sons. I can only imagine how she must feel right now. :( I'm sorry you lost your friend. I hope the police catch the guys that did this. :(

ROZ
11-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Strange how life is, eh? I feel for the mother.
You're very fortunate to have an inspirational family unit. :)

Tom Brown
11-29-2004, 10:56 PM
I don't need thoughts or prayers.......save em for those who really need them.
It's pretty tough to not think about a friend when you know they've been hit hard with some news. I'm thinking about you right now. :frown:

Phat Matt
11-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Why do you think it is that all 3 sons took the same path if the family life was good? :confused:

Krazy K
11-30-2004, 12:46 AM
Man, talk about some weird connections...
Me, my sister and my Dad all were born at Huntington Memorial. My father was on the Pasadena PD in the late 60's. My dad's best friend, now my stepdad, was LA Sheriff Deputy at the same time.
I know how you feel....I just lost a friend 2 years ago to a head-on collision on Ortega Highway.

topless
11-30-2004, 02:19 AM
I'm sorry to hear this sad sad news Mandy. :(

JetBoatRich
11-30-2004, 06:20 AM
Sorry to hear the news Rich