http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060417/pl_nm/usa_immigration_georgia_dc_1

ThongMagnet
04-17-2006, 04:10 PM
One state down, 49 to go

spectratoad
04-17-2006, 04:21 PM
One state down, 49 to go
Wouldn't that be sweet. :) :) :)
It's a shame that laws have to be passed to stop this......
The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act, signed into law by Gov. Sonny Perdue, denies many state services paid for by taxpayers to people who are in the United States illegally. :mad: Many should be ALL though

Get415
04-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Bout time somebody grew a pair and did something about all this nonsense. Too bad Cali is way to accomidating for that to ever happen here :mad: .

572Daytona
04-17-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm so turning JBB in. I hear he's got 2 working on his cobra and another half a dozen trying to green up his lawn and keep it trimmed. :argue:

soupersonic
04-17-2006, 06:18 PM
I wonder how many illegal's end up in Georgia.Probably not a real risky career move if there arent many.

572Daytona
04-17-2006, 06:30 PM
There's actually quite a lot, a lot of migrant workers in the farms and chicken plants in the area. Georgia also has a large textile/carper manufacturing area near Dalton, Georgia and is one of the top states in new housing construction. I would be Georgia ranks up there in the top 10 states.
*Edit - found this, Georgia is number 7 in the country (I blame it on JBB)
Congressman Jack Kingston
Testimony before the Judiciary Committee's Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, & Claims
"How Illegal Immigration Impacts Constituencies: Perspectives from Members of Congress"
November 17, 2005
Mr. Chairman, thank you for the opportunity to speak before this committee. It is estimated that in the year 2000 there were 228,000 illegal aliens in the State of Georgia. That was a seven-fold increase from the INS estimate of 32,000 illegal aliens as of October 1996. The number of illegal aliens has increased 613 percent since 1996 and 777 percent since 1992, giving Georgia the seventh largest illegal alien population in the country.

NOTALENT
04-17-2006, 06:32 PM
That's awesome...once one starts others will start to follow....it will cause alot of trouble once it hits CA, if it does. If so....be ready...I sure am... :crossx:

yeah,right
04-17-2006, 08:14 PM
That would be great if the rest of the states would follow. Probably won't happen and will probably be deemed unconstitutional anyway, but it would be nice.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-17-2006, 08:56 PM
How do they track the numbers of illegal aliens?
California tried that law about 10-12 years ago. The courts nixed it. The bottom line is we can't afford to give these benefits away to every Tom, Dick and Harry that wants to cross the border. We just can't afford it. Our schools are suffering, and our health system is suffering. I think it was George Will who stated a few weeks ago that if the eastern Germans could build a wall around Berlin 50 years ago, we could build one along our long southern border today.

Jbb
04-18-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm so turning JBB in. I hear he's got 2 working on his cobra and another half a dozen trying to green up his lawn and keep it trimmed. :argue:
Gonna have to plead the fifth on this one......Ole!!...er...I mean....rock on.. :p

Huckleberry
04-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Arizona passed a similar bill last year. Why not in Kulifornia?

Riverjet502
04-18-2006, 04:39 AM
I hope more states follow GA lead. We have a lot here in Iowa thanks to IBP. Iowa Beef Products who advertise in Mexico for jobs up here. Which by the way have been hit-up in the past for hiring illegals. They have ATM's and all sort of stuff in Spanish here. Its B/S especially this far north of the border.

sorry dog
04-18-2006, 04:53 AM
...looks like JBB is gonna have to move the rodeo out of Georgia...
http://www.lajerga.com/m/i/covers/1jerga9/la-jerga-2big.jpg

Jbb
04-18-2006, 04:57 AM
...looks like JBB is gonna have to move the rodeo out of Georgia...
http://www.lajerga.com/m/i/covers/1jerga9/la-jerga-2big.jpg
No Mas...... :frown:

mike37
04-18-2006, 04:58 AM
How do they track the numbers of illegal aliens?
California tried that law about 10-12 years ago. The courts nixed it. The bottom line is we can't afford to give these benefits away to every Tom, Dick and Harry that wants to cross the border. We just can't afford it. Our schools are suffering, and our health system is suffering. I think it was George Will who stated a few weeks ago that if the eastern Germans could build a wall around Berlin 50 years ago, we could build one along our long southern border today.
isn't that law still on the books just no one will enforce it because some one thinks its un constitutional

Seadog
04-18-2006, 05:20 AM
My understanding was that the people of California passed the bill, but the then governor and legislation refused to defend it when it was challenged in the courts. It was defeated in the courts, not because it was wrong, but because the Democrats were so worried about offending the hispanic vote that they failed to perform their duty to the taxpayers.

axkiker
04-18-2006, 05:34 AM
Ok look here is how we can solve all the unemployment and immigration problems all at the same time. Anyone who needs a job or wants to come over the border is more than welcome. The catch is that they will be given a trowel and concrete to begin building a big wall around the US. Of course they will be building it from the outside in and once finished they are screwed, but im sure it will keep them busy for a few years. I would be willing to pay a little additional tax to fund this process.