PDA

View Full Version : New Howard 28 Deckboat

roln 20s
11-30-2004, 08:08 PM
I just thought you would like to see the newest addition to the Howard Boats line-- this is the new 28 Howard Deckboat (plug only). It looks like the first will be out of the mold and completed end of February, not in time for the LA Boat Show :( I'll keep you all posted with the pics as I get them. Great work Mike--this thing looks bad ass.
Here is what I know-- its Howard quality all over, and features will include the usual Deckboat stds plus I'm sure you will see a few "new" things- more info to come.
Here are the pics- enjoy! If you are interested, please contact me, I am the designated sales person--commission free of course :) :D :rolleyes:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1419howard_1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1419howard_2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1419howard_3.jpg
Roln 20s <---can't wait to see the first out of the mold :) :D

roln 20s
11-30-2004, 08:09 PM
A couple more pics...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1419howard_5.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1419howard_4.jpg
Roln 20s <--- definately stoked :)

Goodtime$
11-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Roln Double Dubs, Howard knows how to build em right, Looks great. Bummer it will miss the show, lots of fun deckboats will be sitting there waiting to go for a swim.

Steamin' Rice
11-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Looks pretty nice.. Is this the same bottom that is on their cat or did they make some modifications to it?? Looks like the deck has lines like the bullet, looking forward to seeing it completed.

phebus
11-30-2004, 09:32 PM
I really like the side profile, it looks sleek like a regular cat. It's funny how similar most of the deckboat's are as far as the interior's go. What will the expected price be? Howard quality should come with a pretty hefty price tag.

RiverDave
11-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Looks alot like a Bullett!! :)
RD

CustomCruiser
12-01-2004, 08:50 AM
Sweet! Nice lines for a deck boat. When are they going to offer the 28 with a regular, closed bow version?

Hustler
12-01-2004, 08:56 AM
Looks alot like a Bullett!! :)
RD
That was my first impression also, from the side and the back it looks like a Bullet. Very Nice.

fourspeednup
12-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Best lines of any deck out there. Cool to see the (almost)finished product. Thanks for keeping us in the loop roln22's :wink:

Umongus
12-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Nice profile...I wish I had the $$$ for a new boat right now
Tony :cool:

roln 20s
12-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Sweet! Nice lines for a deck boat. When are they going to offer the 28 with a regular, closed bow version?
You are in luck- talked to Mike yesterday, and as soon as the deckboat is 100% complete, he is going to make a new hard deck which will become a 28' cat, then I'm sure they will offer a cuddy/openbow version as well.
Steamin Rice--the bottom is the same as the cat as of now- Mike extended the front sponsons a little to increase the height of the boat. He did mention he plans to make a couple small little changes to the bottom, but nothin extreme. It works, we all know it does, and its been a great bottom for Magic, Conquest, Eliminator, etc...
Phebus-- the price is still unknown. I would expect for it to be a little more than a comparable conquest and somewhere near the Lavey Deckboat, needless to say, its gonna be bank $$$ My guess, and seriously just a guess, Gene hasn't given me a price yet because he doesn't know-- I'd say loaded with a HP525 is gonna be $115K-$120K: I know they have 4 or 5 people who are waiting for it.
I got to see this boat being put together in peices- it has extended sponsons from the 26 cat, the windshield/dash is from a 25 Bullet, rear end is a peiced together 28 Bullet, and the rest is a ton of wood, bondo and time!!! This project to date has taken 6-8 months.
Glad you all like it--I think the lines are just bad ass.
Roln 20s

dr. margarita
12-02-2004, 10:59 AM
I love it!!!!!

Essex502
12-02-2004, 11:27 AM
I love it!!!!!
Enough to trade up? :D
PSSST....my new garage is almost done! :D

dr. margarita
12-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Enough to trade up? :D
PSSST....my new garage is almost done! :D
I think so... I've already taken the wife to Howard to see it. It's bitchen!! We'll see though, we've got alot of home improvements to do this year..new kitchen, new master bath, new roof.
Do you think you might have extra storage space for rent??

FRENCHIE
12-02-2004, 04:57 PM
You are in luck- talked to Mike yesterday, and as soon as the deckboat is 100% complete, he is going to make a new hard deck which will become a 28' cat, then I'm sure they will offer a cuddy/openbow version as well.
Steamin Rice--the bottom is the same as the cat as of now- Mike extended the front sponsons a little to increase the height of the boat. He did mention he plans to make a couple small little changes to the bottom, but nothin extreme. It works, we all know it does, and its been a great bottom for Magic, Conquest, Eliminator, etc...
Phebus-- the price is still unknown. I would expect for it to be a little more than a comparable conquest and somewhere near the Lavey Deckboat, needless to say, its gonna be bank $$$ My guess, and seriously just a guess, Gene hasn't given me a price yet because he doesn't know-- I'd say loaded with a HP525 is gonna be $115K-$120K: I know they have 4 or 5 people who are waiting for it.
I got to see this boat being put together in peices- it has extended sponsons from the 26 cat, the windshield/dash is from a 25 Bullet, rear end is a peiced together 28 Bullet, and the rest is a ton of wood, bondo and time!!! This project to date has taken 6-8 months.
Glad you all like it--I think the lines are just bad ass.
Roln 20s
......hey Roln' hows your boat coming!!?? :idea: :confused:

little rowe boat
12-02-2004, 06:55 PM
......hey Roln' hows your boat coming!!?? :idea: :confused:
Yah,have you ordered it yet.

little rowe boat
12-02-2004, 06:57 PM
The Hcb deck boat looks very nice and the side profile is awesome,but from the pics it does not look as roomy as the Conquest or the Advantage. :confused:

roln 20s
12-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Yah,have you ordered it yet.
Actually, the sad part is I've been so busy I haven't even thought of it, and considering they are already into April/May for Bullet deliveries and we haven't even hit the Boat Show yet, I could give them a phat check :eek: and not see a boat until next winter if I keep waiting. We'll see, I'm not buying until I write one check for the whole thing :) If all goes well, it should be soon.
Roln 20s

little rowe boat
12-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Actually, the sad part is I've been so busy I haven't even thought of it, and considering they are already into April/May for Bullet deliveries and we haven't even hit the Boat Show yet, I could give them a phat check :eek: and not see a boat until next winter if I keep waiting. We'll see, I'm not buying until I write one check for the whole thing :) If all goes well, it should be soon.
Roln 20s
Come on man,we want to see you on the water this next summer.

FRENCHIE
12-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Come on man,we want to see you on the water this next summer.
............. :wink: :wink: :hammer2:

BADAXE
12-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Looks like the nicest looking deckboat I've seen. Gotta love those bullet lines.
If it's done in february it will be ready for the "2nd Annual Unoffical Howard Regatta" in the summer of 2005 hosted by the Badaxe family at Lake Mead.

dicudmore
12-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Looks like the nicest looking deckboat I've seen. Gotta love those bullet lines.
If it's done in february it will be ready for the "2nd Annual Unoffical Howard Regatta" in the summer of 2005 hosted by the Badaxe family at Lake Mead.
That sounds like a good gathering :wink:

dr. margarita
12-04-2004, 10:51 AM
If all goes well, it should be soon.
Roln 20s[/QUOTE]
;)

dr. margarita
12-04-2004, 10:53 AM
"2nd Annual Unoffical Howard Regatta" in the summer of 2005 hosted by the Badaxe family at Lake Mead.
You guys all settled in Boulder City???

dr. margarita
12-04-2004, 10:59 AM
The Hcb deck boat looks very nice and the side profile is awesome,but from the pics it does not look as roomy as the Conquest or the Advantage. :confused:
The pics posted don't do it justice...it's actually a really big boat. Same amount of room as Conquest or Magic. What's also not apparent by looking at the posted pics is how tall this baby is. It's somewhere between the Party Cat 28XL and a Conquest.

little rowe boat
12-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Is HCB using the same bottom as The Conquest,Magic and Delaminator ?

Thunderbutt
12-05-2004, 06:42 AM
Two years ago when I wanted to buy a Deckboat I made contact with Warlock (Carter Reed) and talked to him about building me on of his deckboats, he decline to do so because he didn't think it was worth the time, because the Deckboat era is over. How wrong he was, ever body is building Deckboats. I still like the Warlock the besthttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/586Cat_3-med.JPG

BADAXE
12-05-2004, 10:35 AM
You guys all settled in Boulder City???
Yup, we've had to update a few things and add a room addition for my office so we were living in the construction mess and out of boxes for the first hand full of weeks but most of that is finished now so we are getting more normal.
When are you guys coming for a visit?
I'm serious about hosting the unoffical regatta this summer so I started a thread in hot spots west. I know last year will be hard to beat but lets give it a try. :D

dr. margarita
12-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Dude, that sounds great. Whether or not Howard does a regatta, coming to visit you guys and spending time on Lake Mead would be awesome! I'll check the dates you have posted and start planning for it. Who knows, by then GT's boat will be done and Roln 20's will have a Bullet.
:D

BADAXE
12-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Dude, that sounds great. Whether or not Howard does a regatta, coming to visit you guys and spending time on Lake Mead would be awesome! I'll check the dates you have posted and start planning for it. Who knows, by then GT's boat will be done and Roln 20's will have a Bullet.
You guys are always welcome to come out anytime. Just let me know. And bring Patrick, I want to see him kick the skibob's ass again.

roln 20s
12-06-2004, 06:16 PM
You guys are always welcome to come out anytime. Just let me know. And bring Patrick, I want to see him kick the skibob's ass again.
I will win next time--that thing gets a little wicked when the boat starts to pick up speed--needless to say, I'm training all winter for that thing :) I will win.
Roln 20s

TPI
12-07-2004, 01:28 PM
Who knows, by then GT's boat will be done and Roln 20's will have a Bullet.
GT's boat better be done a lot sooner than that. By the way, Howard's new deckboat is a work of art in person. I know what you are thinking too, and the answer is no. GT is not going to build himself a deckboat(although my wife LOVES it!). This new 28 Bullet we have, is going to give us YEARS of pleasure and performance, I am sure of that.
We will be seeing these new Howard deckboats everywhere, I think. It really does have a nice layout, and I really like it's "Bullet" profile.

bigq
12-07-2004, 02:36 PM
By the way, This new 28 Bullet we have, is going to give us YEARS of pleasure and performance, I am sure of that.
RIGHT!!!! :D :D :D ........YEARS?....Thats a good one, Mr, Funny man.. :D :D :D
Soooo what do you want for? :idea:

TPI
12-07-2004, 04:54 PM
I must be a circus clown, because everyone has been laughing at me when I say "This is my last one". What can i say, building the boat is like the journey, and once the boat is finished, the goal is complete. That's when the new idea's start coming in. With that being said, I had to set a different goal with this next boat, a goal that can be achieved more than a few times. It takes quite a bit of time out of the year to build a motor and a boat like that, and I should focus that time in a little different direction, I also would never want to over step my boundries at Howard either, so.................laugh on, laugh on................
Let's get this thread back on track, I don't want to be accused of hijacking threads! Go check out the new Howard Deckboat, Dont wait too long, Summer's just around the corner!

roln 20s
12-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Saw the deckboat in person on Friday-- its real big, and should be real roomy. They were about to make the molds off of the plug--just 21 more coats of wax first :)
Roln 20s

Keith E. Sayre
12-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Great looking deckboat. Congrats to Gene and Mike and even ole Lenny!
If you build it like the rest of your boats, it'll be a big winner for you and for
the customer! Ever notice that noone gripes about their Howard boat?
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400

TOBTEK
12-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Great looking deckboat. Congrats to Gene and Mike and even ole Lenny!
If you build it like the rest of your boats, it'll be a big winner for you and for
the customer! Ever notice that noone gripes about their Howard boat?
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400
thats pretty cool coming from another boat manufacture! so that said, can I get a deal on a new 28 conquest? Tobtek has cash burning a hole in his pocket :D with the DCB sold..........

sofa king smooth
12-13-2004, 07:26 PM
I got one for ya!

roln 20s
12-13-2004, 10:28 PM
thats pretty cool coming from another boat manufacture! so that said, can I get a deal on a new 28 conquest? Tobtek has cash burning a hole in his pocket :D with the DCB sold..........
Tob-- go see Keith and ask about their "new" boat-- to be displayed at the LA Show--I was ready to buy it on the spot last Saturday, but didn't. Keith-- don't be shy, its ok, you can sell the boat to Tobtek- I guess that's alright :)
Roln 20s

BLOWN HOWARD
12-14-2004, 06:46 AM
What do they got hiding over there now Pat???

IN2MX
12-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Nice profile...I wish I had the $$$ for a new boat right now
Tony :cool:
Cant fool me, I know you do! :D