PDA

View Full Version : EBay Scamed!!!

ECeptor
12-01-2004, 05:27 AM
I lost a bid on ebay, but then recieved a "second chance" from the seller to buy it. I started a dialog with the seller and when things started not sounding right, I emailed the winning bidder. The winning bidder said he has the boat in his driveway right now! I kept things on the downlow and got name, addresses, and phone #'s of the "seller".
I'm going to the police with this one. Anyone ever deal with an ebay scam like this?

RiverOtter
12-01-2004, 05:35 AM
Good luck. Hope ya nail em. :cool:

cjordan
12-01-2004, 05:39 AM
that's a good one :rollside: My personal favorite is when you are like the 8th highest bidder and get a "second chance" I don't even bother to respond to em anymore..... :notam: NAIL THEM........ :hammerhea

manuel
12-01-2004, 05:53 AM
Last week I sold a set of wheels, (item # 4502792466) then I start getting questions about shipping info from OTHER bidders, ???, this scammer was sending second chance offers to all the losing bidders, I sent the information to eBay but they didn't seem to care about it much, just got form letters in response, this is what he sent them, with his address and everything,
"Dear non_5656, You expressed interest in an item titled:JAGUAR D-Type E-Type alloy DUNLOP replica wheels 6x15 Item number: 4502792466 by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder. In compliance with eBay policy, the seller is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price. The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction or the seller has duplicate items for sale. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To purchase this item please contact the seller at this email address: golani2000@aol.com To learn more about Second Chance Offer go to: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/personal_offer.html Thank you, eBay, Inc. Seller's verified payment address: Gigiu Bocovete 16 Burrows Road London NW10 5SG United Kingdom"
I wish I could DO something to him but he is either Nigeria or the U.K. and the laws here mean nothing over there, :yuk: Manuel

FastTimmy
12-01-2004, 06:06 AM
That's some good info. I'm not a big ebayer but have bought stuff in the past from there.
I hate crooks :devil:
Timmy

PHX ATC
12-01-2004, 06:18 AM
I use ebay to sell stuff all the time. Nothing ever over $300. I've been lucky most of the time, but I'm sure my time will come.
That sounds like a scam to me too. Find out where he lives and next time (if ever ) you're in the hood, knock on his door, pretend to have a check and ask where the boat is.
Morons.

HammerDown
12-01-2004, 06:31 AM
I lost a bid on ebay, but then recieved a "second chance" from the seller to buy it. I started a dialog with the seller and when things started not sounding right, I emailed the winning bidder. The winning bidder said he has the boat in his driveway right now! I kept things on the downlow and got name, addresses, and phone #'s of the "seller".
I'm going to the police with this one. Anyone ever deal with an ebay scam like this?
Just wondering as to what the sellers feedback rating was?

Backfire
12-01-2004, 07:10 AM
The first clue that something is wrong should be the substitute e-mail address..... I'm suspicious of sellers that conduct private auctions because of shill bidding, but now I see where a private auction can protect the bidders...

ECeptor
12-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Just wondering as to what the sellers feedback rating was?
One negative, one neutral and several positive.
The message I recieved was just like the one Manuel posted above.
I've emailed ebay and plan on calling the police after work.
My gf said this is what I get for even thinking about buying another boat!

cjordan
12-01-2004, 08:14 AM
I too have contacted Ebay several times on these scams, especially the ones involving "UK" based sellers and buyers.....Not once have they responded back...Ebay could care less, its buyer and seller beware. With all the fake cashiers checks, etc going around I just demand a wire transfer for payment when selling larger items...no way to scam a wire....when the funds hit your account they are yours. What you'll find is the serious buyers have no problem with a wire.......the scammers well,..........they never seem to get back to you. :crossx:

manuel
12-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Check out how to have fun with scammers here:
http://saabnet.com/tsn/class/scam/
Manuel