PDA

View Full Version : Superboat grieving their loss...

SHARKEYMARINE
12-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Just saw this posted on another board:
Jennifer Quinn was found after an apparent suicide.She was the wife of John Coen of Superboats.
May God Bless her and she rest in peace....
Jen helped me out alot with Doug Lewis's fund raising and put up a charity website.
She will be missed.....:( :( :(

dicudmore
12-01-2004, 05:16 PM
:frown: :frown: :cry:

JetBoatRich
12-01-2004, 05:22 PM
wow, two people loss today in the boating family. very sad day

Huckleberry
12-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Very sad day! Didn't she try this a few years back also, but was rescued by members on OSO? Rest in peace.

Squirtin Thunder
12-01-2004, 05:57 PM
:crossx:

rrrr
12-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Very sad. Prayers said.

C-2
12-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Wow, that sucks.
I remember her and Superboat getting beat up pretty bad on OSO before they required registration. It was brutal and the very reason I cringe whenever somebody starts capping on a manufacturer. I always remember that trashing and seeing how things can cannonball out of control.
It's just too bad, I'll send my regards to Byng at Marine Machine.
:(

THOR
12-01-2004, 07:16 PM
My condolences

LVJAKAZ
12-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Another sad thing close to all of us :confused: :confused: :confused:

SHARKEYMARINE
12-01-2004, 08:24 PM
I just came across this on her website. She was asking for help....
Why she did not call on us for help? God only knows... :( :( :(
Tough story:
I'm Almost Homeless
Dear Friends:
I stand here humbled by God.
I was fired from my job in a hostile take over in May. At that time, the company owed me in excess of $9,000. I consulted with an attorney, and I have no recourse to collect this money aside from a small-claims court suit with a Canadian company that will not even be heard for at least a year. I was also almost charged with facilitating securities fraud because I was responsible for designing the web sites that were disseminating the misleading information. I can still be charged at any time. A law suit would only aggravate this situation.
I have been unemployed since and living off my credit cards which are now maxed out. I am over $25,000 in debt (I have never been in debt in my life), and I will be homeless in one month.
Most days I have to decide whether to eat or put gas in my car. I'm terrified. I own a web design company. In fact, I just finished school. I go back every single year to keep up with the latest technology. I finished first in my class. The economy sucks, and I can't find any work.
Now, I spend my days doing charity work for one of my girlfriends from AA who was killed on September 13, 2004 in a brutal act of domestic violence and found by her three children all under the age of six. Her name is Diane Malone. She was from Long Beach.
I also attend mass 5 days a week. I pray to God that he takes me into heaven. And I cry. I cry a lot. I cry ever day. I'm crying now.
Please help me. I'm really scared. Any donation would be greatly appreciated including:
- A gift card from Hess for gas. my Jeep averages 12 mpg, and I spend $70 a week on gas.
- A gift card to King Kullen, Pathmark or Stop and Shop for food.
- A gift card to Office Max or Staples for ink for my computer.
- A a check in any amount would help pay my rent.
In addition I can clean, landscape, cook, and do demolition construction. Any work for cash, I will do. I will clean toilets if necessary. I also happen to be a pretty damn good photographer, web designer and marketer. My professional web design web site is located at TridentInternet solutions -Affordable web site design, marketing and online photo galleries If you know anyone who needs design work done, please forward them my professional site. This web site and this web page is not linked with my professional site.
Jennifer Quinn
2555 Joel Place
Oceanside, NY 11572
E-mail: JenniferQ@usapowerboating.com
Please click on this link: The Hand of God
PS: - I just got the bill for my car insurance in the mail - $1,400. It never ends. Now I can't even live in my car. God, please take me into your loving arms.
THE ROAD OF LIFE
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now . . . for I shall not pass this way again."

Havasu Hangin'
12-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Crap. That really puts things into perspective. :frown:

Jordy
12-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Wow. :( :( :( :(

Mrs. casean
12-01-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm speachless! How very sad for all in her life and her ofcourse. Condolences to her family and friends! Makes merealize you need to be greatful of all I have. Very sorry for the two losses we learned about today.

Debbolas
12-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Thats just so sad...poor thing....she is in our prayers

73kona455
12-01-2004, 10:24 PM
may she rest in peace

ECeptor
12-02-2004, 05:39 AM
Damn. I've kinda been watching Superboats over the years and the Y2K is near the top of my dream boat list.
Sad to see someone get to the point in their life when ending it seems to be the best option....

JetBoatRich
12-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Jennifer reached out for help but now we are to late, very sad to read her post from another thread. May she rest in peace.

JustMVG
12-02-2004, 05:58 AM
I wonder when she wrote that plea for help, and i wonder if the Offshore community knowing she's tried this kind of terrible thing in the past was not able to come to her aid sooner, maybe they tried, i am hoping they at least did try.
Still my condolences to her family, her friends and others that knew her, Godspeed to her and hoping that she finds the Peace she so desperately needed.
MikeVG

RiverOtter
12-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Very Sad! Suicide is never a better way out.

redi4fun
12-02-2004, 07:37 AM
WOW is all I can say. I have been lurking for awhile and their are alot of good people on this board. If we would have known I am sure the help would have poured in. Rest in peace Jennifer.

unleashed
12-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Wow, This is really sad to hear. She will be missed. I checked out her website she defiinitly was outgoing and talented. What a loss! :frown:
http://www.usapowerboating.com
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

bunny 166
12-02-2004, 09:09 AM
I'm stunned...I feel so bad for her family and friends; she sounded so sad. It's hard to read her post--may she rest in peace :clover:

CornWater
12-02-2004, 09:16 AM
That sucks... I remember she had some problems a few years ago on OSO (Sunseeker).. she seemed like a great person, and just never got the obviously much needed help.. :( :(

welk2party
12-02-2004, 09:25 AM
I am speechless. What a horrible thing to have such a passionate cry for help and feel that it was in vain. May God be with her in her next journey.

BoatFloating
12-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Sorry to hear such tragic news....... :frown: What makes me wonder where was her husband and how did they get in such money hole. Where were all the other Offfshore teams at for her????? :frown:

HCS
12-02-2004, 09:36 AM
That's so sad. The boating industry sure seems to be a rough biz. :(
Once in my life I was completely broke. Did not have one dollar to my name, no place to live and no job. I felt like I had no freinds and no where to go.
Very Very tough situation to be in. I found a family member to cut me some slack and give me a place to live until I could back on my feet. The thoughts that go through your mind when your down on your luck are devastating. It took everything with in my sole to lift myself back up. That was 15 years ago in my life. I have over come and prospered.
My thoughts and prayers are with her family and freinds.

jbtrailerjim
12-02-2004, 09:50 AM
OMG....That is so very sad. :( I hate whenever I hear stories like this. It just saddens me when I hear there are people out there that can not find any other alternative than suicide. May she forever rest in peace. :( :(

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-02-2004, 09:55 AM
I have read this over and over again.. I am speechless.. for someone to reach out like she did and had to and wasn't helped before this tragedy.. very sad.. may she rest in peace in a better place where nothing else matters but love and happiness.. she and all that knew her are in our thoughts and prayers.. God Bless her .R.I.P. sweetie.. all is well now. :(

SHARKEYMARINE
12-02-2004, 02:13 PM
I don't know when she posted that on her website, but I can assure you that if anyone knew it was there, it would have gotten alot of attention. We all certainly would have pulled together to help her out. We have in the past.
Unfortunately the message did get out in time.... :frown:

redi4fun
12-02-2004, 02:44 PM
I do not know Jennifer nor have I ever met her, but I took some time to browse through her website and the cries for help were all over the place. She even went as far as to say who she wanted her belongings to go to and what she wanted done with her remains. Very intense and erie stuff. Makes my head :rollside:. Definitely have to give my wife a hug when I get home. :)