PDA

View Full Version : The Long Way Around

Ducatista
12-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Tonight at 7pm PST, will be episode 5, of this 6 one-hour series. Actors and friends Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman star in and co-produce this new Bravo series chronicling their four-month transcontinental journey by motorcycle.
Through six one-hour episodes, Long Way Round shows the actors in a way the audience has never seen them before, utterly left to their own devices and foregoing their more comfortable lifestyle. Their journey takes them over 20,000 miles, circumnavigating the longest continuous landmass on earth through the Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China, Siberia, Alaska and Canada before arriving in the Untied States. As would be expected, they encounter hardships along the way, including cultural and language barriers as they pitch tents and attempt to live off the land. The journey is not only a test of their endurance, but a cultural lesson as well – as they take part in a range of activities native to the lands they traverse.
2 men...2bikes(BMW R1150 GS)...20,000 miles...it has been a great series to watch. This sort of adventure touring really appeals to me, and I'd like to do a ride someday from Alaska to the tip of Baja, or something like that.
Anyways, if you get a chance, I would recommend catchin' these episodes from Bravo if ya like this sort of thing. :mix:

dicudmore
12-02-2004, 11:40 AM
that's one hell of a ride....

spectras only
12-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Ducatista , not trying to hijack your thread ,but anyone seen the movie 'motorcycling diaries' ? They have the same bike [ Norton ] as mine in it and wonder if the rest of the movie worth seeing. I've read the scenery is excellent :wink: :)

Ducatista
12-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Ducatista , not trying to hijack your thread ,but anyone seen the movie 'motorcycling diaries' ? They have the same bike [ Norton ] as mine in it and wonder if the rest of the movie worth seeing. I've read the scenery is excellent :wink: :)
No biggie, I have not seen that movie myself. I did a week long tour of Hwy 49 a couple of years ago with some friends, one who rides a Norton 850. What a bitchen bike, skinny tires but he was right there with the rest of us on our modern bikes as we sliced and diced up the 49. Talk about nice scenery right here in our back yard. :smile:

spectras only
12-02-2004, 12:38 PM
Not talking about comfy [ 850 commandos ]bikes here :hammer2:. Mine is a late 30's rigid frame girder fork ES 2 model :rollside: .There was a lady in the 50's rode around the world on a garden state [OHC] model :cool: