PDA

View Full Version : Parade of Light Question? Parking in the Channel

mbrown2
12-02-2004, 05:57 PM
I heard from a couple different sources (not sure how reliable), that they were not allowing boats to park in the channel this year? Anybody know the real truth?

FRENCHIE
12-02-2004, 06:09 PM
bs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lightsabe ;)

mbrown2
12-02-2004, 06:33 PM
bs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lightsabe ;)
Do you know for sure?

FRENCHIE
12-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Do you know for sure?
no!! but i know several other boaters who have left today and said no probs!!! ;)

mbrown2
12-02-2004, 06:52 PM
no!! but i know several other boaters who have left today and said no probs!!! ;)
I am figuring there are no problems today with parking in the channel, just heard two sources, 1 being Grass Pays through another person that there will be no parking the night of the parade...I am hoping not, but trying confirm what is the real scoop from someone in the know. :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
12-02-2004, 07:09 PM
I am figuring there are no problems today with parking in the channel, just heard two sources, 1 being Grass Pays through another person that there will be no parking the night of the parade...I am hoping not, but trying confirm what is the real scoop from someone in the know. :cool:
I was just on the phone with GRASS PAY$, and he said that they are closing the entire lake. :hammer2:
He also said that all DCBs with wackas will be burned in a big bonfire to keep everyone warm. :eek:

Sane Asylum
12-02-2004, 07:16 PM
I heard from a couple different sources (not sure how reliable), that they were not allowing boats to park in the channel this year? Anybody know the real truth?
Just tell em' you're from Beaumont...........They'll let you park anywhere....Matter of fact.....Tell em' you run it really hard and they'll park it for ya...... :D :D

Phat Matt
12-02-2004, 07:17 PM
I was just on the phone with GRASS PAY$, and he said that they are closing the entire lake. :hammer2:
He also said that all DCBs with wackas will be burned in a big bonfire to keep everyone warm. :eek:
What if we launch under the cover of darkness. :idea:

Havasu Hangin'
12-02-2004, 07:19 PM
What if we launch under the cover of darkness. :idea:
They probably won't catch you...
...unless the "zip-tie bonfire" is too bright (unlike the owners). :cry:

Donnie
12-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Thats funny right there :D

mbrown2
12-02-2004, 07:39 PM
That's funny...at least those DCB's will burn...that Concrete Pillar of yours will make a nice Bon Fire Pit... ;)

Havasu Hangin'
12-02-2004, 07:45 PM
That's funny...at least those DCB's will burn...that Concrete Pillar of yours will make a nice Bon Fire Pit... ;)
Actually...the fire probably would improve your graphics (I don't think they could get any worse). :notam:
However, all that oil burning from the wackas will probably make Havasu look like Kuwait after the gulf war! :squiggle:
My brother's dentist's sister-in-law's cousin told me that the channel will have a minimum height requirement, as well. :p
:D

mbrown2
12-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Actually...the fire probably would improve your graphics (I don't think they could get any worse). :notam:
That's a thought...maybe the change will help since several others came out pretty close to it after the fact...
I heard they had a weight limitation as well, so you might want to keep the white elephant on the beach and go for the bon fire pit idea.... :idea: ;) :D

Havasu Hangin'
12-02-2004, 07:59 PM
That's a thought...maybe the change will help since several others came out pretty close to it after the fact...
So it's "Dave's Semi-Custom Boats" now? :idea:
I just got off the phone with GRASS PAY$ again. He said that since there are no boats allowed on the lake...they are just going to have people walk up & down the path with flashlights.
He figures you DCB guys can get together and zip-tie some light strings between each other and take first prize!
:D

Dusty Times
12-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Damn!!!!!!!
I'll stay outa this one. But I'm putting my tank in the chanel! :D

Havasu Hangin'
12-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Damn!!!!!!!
I'll stay outa this one. But I'm putting my tank in the chanel! :D
I guess us "tank guys" need to stick together... ;)

Dusty Times
12-02-2004, 09:08 PM
I guess us "tank guys" need to stick together... ;)
I guess we are neighbors now after your advice. I put mine in the stroage on Kiowa Friday morning. It was a little tight in between units to make the turn even though they are pull throughs.
Thanks again!

UnionJack
12-02-2004, 10:17 PM
There is this guy, who knows two girls, who had a friend, who slapped a girl, who new this little boy, who had a cousin, who lived on the East Coast with his dog, and his vet, who was this girl, was engaged to this guy, who on his birthday hooked up with this other guy, and this guy heard from a guy who killed guy, that this other guy with a blue Nordic that they are stopping the flow from the dam and the parade of light will be with trucks in the channel.... but you will have to talk to GP$ on the enrty fee and the order.

GRASS PAY$
12-02-2004, 11:20 PM
NICE, I sure didn't say that. I guess some of us think we can add a little here and there. But I'll bring my zip ties and flashlight just in case.
UJ - you bringing the fiberwood?
mb - I know who you talked to and it's all good.
See you all there Saturday.

mbrown2
12-02-2004, 11:33 PM
NICE, I sure didn't say that. I guess some of us think we can add a little here and there. But I'll bring my zip ties and flashlight just in case.
UJ - you bringing the fiberwood?
mb - I know who you talked to and it's all good.
See you all there Saturday.
Sorry dude...guess he got the story wrong...thanks for clearing it up...obviously you were trying to keep his boat on the trailer.. :D ...its all good ;) .

GRASS PAY$
12-02-2004, 11:41 PM
MB,Right on see you out there.

mbrown2
12-03-2004, 12:26 AM
There is this guy, who knows two girls, who had a friend, who slapped a girl, who new this little boy, who had a cousin, who lived on the East Coast with his dog, and his vet, who was this girl, was engaged to this guy, who on his birthday hooked up with this other guy, and this guy heard from a guy who killed guy, that this other guy with a blue Nordic that they are stopping the flow from the dam and the parade of light will be with trucks in the channel.... but you will have to talk to GP$ on the enrty fee and the order.
LMAO...did not see this one earlier...
But if you are going to kick a man while he down, at least tie your shoe.....did'nt you lose one job that way already :wink: :) :wink:
And BTW, a reliabe havasu source that will be hanging out with us this weekend alerted me earlier that they have a ban on Xerox, so you might want to keep the F on the trailer....your drive might make it through the weekend that way... :) :) :) :) :) nut'n but luv for ya :)

Havasu Hangin'
12-03-2004, 04:56 AM
I guess we are neighbors now after your advice. I put mine in the stroage on Kiowa Friday morning. It was a little tight in between units to make the turn even though they are pull throughs.
Thanks again!
Hey...no problem! (wait til you get my "consulting fee" bill, though)... :notam:
.....did'nt you lose one job that way already :wink
And BTW, a reliabe havasu source that will be hanging out with us this weekend alerted me earlier that they have a ban on Xerox, so you might want to keep the F on the trailer....your drive might make it through the weekend that way... :) :) :) :) :) nut'n but luv for ya :)
So you're saying "Team Toner" should keep the TFB Motorsports entry on the trailer? :idea:

UnionJack
12-03-2004, 09:33 AM
MB (aka RC) Well this a great week for TFB Motorsports, I might retire early, I looking for someone to run my bisnack, know anyone?
ps.... I love GCS

UnionJack
12-03-2004, 09:34 AM
MB... Well this a great week for TFB Motorsports, I might retire early, I looking for someone to run my bisnack, know anyone?
ps.... I love GCS