whats wrong with it

Havasu Hangin'
12-02-2004, 07:47 PM
I hve to have one of my hores put down... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pimpin' ain't easy. :idea:

hoolign
12-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Chriest woman..have ya tried tellin her to get busy..that's a bit drastic..but if she's wore out that's a different story!

Mrs.Racer277
12-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Topless I am soooo sorry to hear that. You are in my thoughts. :frown:

topless
12-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Oops..... I meant horses .not hores.....still sad. :cry:

Havasu Hangin'
12-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Can I buy a vowel, too?
"h_ve"
:cool:

Bre
12-02-2004, 07:56 PM
What happened?

hoolign
sorry to here about the horse Topless!...

Tom Brown
Sorry, Top. I know how they become a member of the family.

topless
12-02-2004, 08:05 PM
I haven't had her long and knew she had problems but not to this extent. I just don't think it's fair to her to keep her in pain like she is now. I love animals and I personally think that it is very unjust to keep an animal alive if it is only living in pain. I honestly hope I'm making the right decision.

Bre
12-02-2004, 08:06 PM
I am sure you are :shift:

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm sure you did the right thing...that has got to be one of the hardest things to do in the world.....Take comfort in the knowledge that your horse isn't in pain anymore......Take Care....Deb

Mrs CP 19
12-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Very sorry to hear it. You are doing the right thing. It is easy to be selfish and keep an animal around, it is a loving owner who will let them go. I lost a mare last winter and still miss her.

LVJAKAZ
12-02-2004, 08:14 PM
I am an animal lover too, i know how hard it is to lose something you love, i am so sorry :frown: :frown:

topless
12-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. This horse has only been with me for a few months but is very sweet. The cold weather has made her arthritis really bad. she falls down and can't get up. I couldn't even go to work today because I had to help her. I feel so bad for her but there is not much more I can do for her. I have her on medication, I have blenketed her.etc... I hate looking in her eyes and seeing her looking back like she's asking for help. I can't type right now because I'm crying.......... Sorry guys.

Mrs.Racer277
12-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. This horse has only been with me for a few months but is very sweet. The cold weather has made her arthritis really bad. she falls down and can't get up. I couldn't even go to work today because I had to help her. I feel so bad for her but there is not much more I can do for her. I have her on medication, I have blenketed her.etc... I hate looking in her eyes and seeing her looking back like she's asking for help. I can't type right now because I'm crying.......... Sorry guys.
Hang in there sweetie you are doing the right thing. And please pass the tissue.

FMluvswater
12-03-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm sorry you've had to make such a heart wrenching decision, Alison. Take some comfort in knowing that you did what was best for your friend. I can't fathom how it must have hurt you. :( I hope you're able to make peace with what you decided - IMO you did the right thing ... but your own opinion is really the only one that counts. Be kind to yourself. You're in my thoughts.
~FM

Rexone
12-03-2004, 12:47 AM
:( :( sorry.

bunny 166
12-03-2004, 07:01 AM
good morning--I'm sorry Alison. It is the right, humane thing to do. We all love our animals so much and it hurts to see them suffering...I'm sorry for your loss :frown:

oldbuck40
12-03-2004, 07:14 AM
hey topless sorry to hear about your horse. its the right thing to do.

diggler
12-03-2004, 07:42 AM
Topless, sorry to hear about the horse. Your animals will always let you know when their time is up. I'm certain you didn't come to this conclusion lightly of putting her down. Take care and just remember there is a "horsey-heaven".

Dribble
12-03-2004, 08:01 AM
I am truly sorry,
I dread the day ours have to go. They are now 20 and 21. We have had them since they were babies. They have truly enriched our lives. I know the day will come. It will be like losing a close family member.
Take care.

Mrs. Restless22
12-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Alison Im so sorry you have to do this. But like everyone else said, Im sure you know best, and your horse can now rest peacefully rather then be in pain daily.
Its never easy to put an animal you love down, but just like us, everyone has a time.
R.I.P Horsey.... :frown: :frown:

dicudmore
12-03-2004, 08:51 AM
really sorry to hear about your loss.....
as others have said, they are definitely family members :cry:

ColeTR1
12-03-2004, 08:57 AM
topless SOO SORRRRY to hear that. Losing a pet is the hardest.

esabataj
12-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Topless. I've been raising horses for over 25 years and have had to put several down and can really understand what you are going through. I agree totally. It's better to let them go than having them live in constant pain. If there was nothing left to try, it was time.
My prayers are with you.
Richard

esabataj
12-03-2004, 09:31 AM
To thee, my master, I offer my prayer. Feed me, water and care for me, and when the day's work is done, provide me with shelter, a clean, dry bed, and stall wide enough for me to lie down in comfort.
Always be kind to me. Your voice often means as much to me as the reins. Pet me sometimes, that I may serve you the more gladly and learn to love you. Do not jerk the reins, and do not whip me when going uphill. Never strike, beat, or kick me when I do not understand you. Watch me, and if I fail to do your bidding, see if something is not wrong with my harness or feet.
Do not check me so that I cannot have free use of my head. If you insist that I wear blinkers, so that I cannot see behind me as it was intended I should, I pray you be careful that the blinders stand well out of my eyes. Do not overload me, or hitch me where water will drip on me. Keep me well shod. Examine my teeth when I do not eat, I may have an ulcerated tooth, and that, you know, is very painful. Do not tie my head in an unnatural position, or take away my best defense against flies and mosquitoes by cutting off my tail.
I cannot tell you when I am thirsty, so give me clean, cool water often. Save me, by all means in your power from that fatal disease - the glanders. I cannot tell you in words when I am sick, so watch me, that by signs you may know my condition. Give me all possible shelter from the hot sun, and put a blanket on me, not when I am working, but when I am standing in the cold. Never put a frosty bit in my mouth, first warm it by holding it a moment in your hands.
I try to carry you and your burden without a murmur, and wait patiently for you long hours of the day or night. Without the power to choose my shoes or path, I sometimes fall on hard pavement which I have often prayed might not be of wood but of such a nature as to give me safe and sure footing. Remember that I must be ready at any moment to lose my life in your service.
And finally, OH MY MASTER, when my useful strength is gone, do not turn me out to starve or freeze, or sell me to some cruel owner, to be slowly tortured and starved to death, but do thou, My Master, take my life in the kindest way, and your God will reward you here and hereafter. You will not consider me irreverent if I ask this in the name of Him who was born in a stable.
AMEN
Author Unknown

Mandelon
12-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Down where?

topless
12-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Thank you everyone for you kind words. Here is her picture. Her name is Auburn and the human looking one is my daughter.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/956Brianna.jpg

Mrs. Restless22
12-03-2004, 10:50 AM
She is beautiful Topless...the horse and your daughter ;)

topless
12-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Thank you . :)

Midlife Advantage
12-03-2004, 03:00 PM
I haven't had her long and knew she had problems but not to this extent. I just don't think it's fair to her to keep her in pain like she is now. I love animals and I personally think that it is very unjust to keep an animal alive if it is only living in pain. I honestly hope I'm making the right decision.
Is it a muscle or bone problem, and have you talked to Shannon at Jump Start Equine Therapy? good friend, a miracle worker with our best friends.

Midlife Advantage
12-03-2004, 03:04 PM
yer killin me here Larry. poor baby, both of you. She is gorgeous. here is a shot of mine, with my niece on board.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1987DSC02038-med.JPG

topless
12-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Is it a muscle or bone problem, and have you talked to Shannon at Jump Start Equine Therapy? good friend, a miracle worker with our best friends.
It's bone related. When I got her I was told she broke her tail and she does hold it funny too. With the weather getting colder, she is getting stiffer and stiffer. Do you have Shannon's number?

topless
12-03-2004, 03:05 PM
yer killin me here Larry. poor baby, both of you. She is gorgeous. here is a shot of mine, with my niece on board.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1987DSC02038-med.JPG
Oh how pretty. I do have 2 others that we ride. I'll have to get pictures of them. :D

atomickitn
12-03-2004, 03:10 PM
very sad to hear sorry for your loss :confused:

dicudmore
12-03-2004, 03:14 PM
yeah what she said :D

Midlife Advantage
12-03-2004, 03:17 PM
It's bone related. When I got her I was told she broke her tail and she does hold it funny too. With the weather getting colder, she is getting stiffer and stiffer. Do you have Shannon's number?
yup, I will PM it. She does a accuscope therapy that draws the healing stuff to the injured bones and it does miracles. She recently treated a $60k barrel horse on property right now that they said would have to be put down, it is now racing as good as ever, after a broken bone somewhere. She is at NFR this weekend, but call her anyway and tell her Tim tol'ya. she is going to be treating my nutcase Lab that just broke her 3rd leg!

topless
12-03-2004, 03:19 PM
yup, I will PM it. She does a accuscope therapy that draws the healing stuff to the injured bones and it does miracles. She recently treated a $60k barrel horse on property right now that they said would have to be put down, it is now racing as good as ever, after a broken bone somewhere. She is at NFR this weekend, but call her anyway and tell her Tim tol'ya. she is going to be treating my nutcase Lab that just broke her 3rd leg!
Thanks Tim.

RiverKitty
12-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Alison, I'm so sorry to hear about your horse. :cry:
I love animals so much and I can't even imagine how hard that would be. :(

Mrs CP 19
12-03-2004, 04:06 PM
If you are looking for therapy, or if Shannon can't get to you right away, Nancy Hall also does acuscope therapy. Equine wellness services (909)763-3774. Has the vet determined this is a bone thing? Usually it's joints. Adequan injections are great for that or some cosequin. Sure hope you can find some comfort for her and possibly an alternative to putting her down. Good luck, I will be thinking about you both. Jill

wsuwrhr
12-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Sorry about the horse. Can something medically can be done for it?
I hate having to put pets down.
Brian

topless
12-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Sorry about the horse. Can something medically can be done for it?
I hate having to put pets down.
Brian
I gave her Bute last night and she seems to be a lot better. WHen the weather is warmer, she is fine but I think the cold got to her. I'm calling Shannon to see if there is something else I can do besides put her to sleep. .
Thanks for your concern Brian....Now tell Mopar to stop winking at me. ;)

Tom Brown
12-04-2004, 10:35 AM
How are you doing today, Top? I'm thinking about you.

Mandelon
12-04-2004, 10:39 AM
How much for the little girl? :mix:

Midlife Advantage
12-04-2004, 11:00 AM
I gave her Bute last night and she seems to be a lot better. WHen the weather is warmer, she is fine but I think the cold got to her. I'm calling Shannon to see if there is something else I can do besides put her to sleep. .
Thanks for your concern Brian....Now tell Mopar to stop winking at me. ;)
glad to hear she is feelin better, did you call her yet? I gave her a heads up and she is expecting your call. 'cep I couldn't remember your first name! so imagine me telling her someone called Topless will be calling...

Tahiti350
12-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Topless, I'm new on here, so you don't know me, but I was raised on a ranch and had a beautiful line back dunn, Doc bar lines, that I rode for years. She developed ringbone, but my dad is a horseshoer (semi-retired) who was able to shoe her to relieve the pain . Couldn't ride her, but got several foals. Finally had to be put down about 5 years ago, while I was home on leave. I also had to put down my 16 y.o Sheltie in March of last year, so I understand the emotions you're going through. No matter what happens do what is right for her, and remember the good times you've had. I'm praying that the doc's can help her.
GaryB> Tahiti350

topless
12-04-2004, 11:34 AM
How much for the little girl? :mix:
Shut up perv.........she's only14. :lightsabe

topless
12-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Topless, I'm new on here, so you don't know me, but I was raised on a ranch and had a beautiful line back dunn, Doc bar lines, that I rode for years. She developed ringbone, but my dad is a horseshoer (semi-retired) who was able to shoe her to relieve the pain . Couldn't ride her, but got several foals. Finally had to be put down about 5 years ago, while I was home on leave. I also had to put down my 16 y.o Sheltie in March of last year, so I understand the emotions you're going through. No matter what happens do what is right for her, and remember the good times you've had. I'm praying that the doc's can help her.
GaryB> Tahiti350Thanks, she is doing better today and I'm hoping for the best.........Midlife, I'll call Shannon now. Thanks everyone.

topless
12-04-2004, 11:41 AM
How are you doing today, Top? I'm thinking about you.I'm thinking about you too........so how are the muffinns baking?