PDA

View Full Version : has anyone heard of a riviera?

1riviera
06-02-2001, 07:03 PM
I just recently became a new owner of a 1979 custom riviera jet boat of arizona.
the boat was given to me and i know nothing about it. nor did the previous owner. it has
a hardin 454, basset wet headers, and berkly
jet. this is all i know. if anyone has any info i would realy appreciate the help.

77charger
06-02-2001, 08:35 PM
I have a friend who has one he likes the boat and has had no problems with it says its a pretty solid boat.

1riviera
06-03-2001, 09:41 AM
does your friend have any history about this company, how many were built and so forth.
i ask because no one seems to know much about them.

spectras only
06-03-2001, 04:00 PM
Some Oldsmobile car dealerships used to sell them here in Vancouver.They were stylish replica boats of the 50's ChrisCrafts made of fibreglass looking like woodboats.They were pricey compared to other boats,so sales declined and the boats dissapeared. If you interested in nostalgia boats look it my buddy's website.His making fibreglass hulled,african mahogany topsided mediterranian style boats here in Vancouver.His website ; www.kazulinboats,com (http://www.kazulinboats,com) .He restores woodboats also like the real McCoy Rivas from Italy.The pictures do no justice how beatiful his boats are.He just had a 23 Adriatic shipped to Lake Tahoe with the new 496 Merc.

1riviera
06-03-2001, 09:44 PM
sorry spectra but my riviera looks nothing like what you described. it almost looks like
a kachina, but a little longer bow. i appreciate the info anyway. your buddys boats are pretty nice though. if anything else comes to mind please let me know.

Vern S
06-04-2001, 12:26 PM
I have seen 2 different Rivieras run with high horse power, 600+. Both boats performed really well. No porpoise or wierd handling problems, very stable and fast in choppy water. Check the following link and you can find info on the company that built it. http://www.uscgboating.org/default.asp

Squirtcha?
06-04-2001, 04:52 PM
I know an old jetter that has one. He's had it for years. His is powered by a 460 cu in BBF and Berkeley pump and still runs right along, despite many years of pounding by a multitude of drivers in some extremely rough waters. The boat is affectionately referred to as "The Brown Boat" even though it's changed colors numerous times, and is currently white. The boat has pulled literally hundreds, nay, thousands of skiers and still pulls em today. If you could get a chance to talk to ol' Milton he'd give ya an ear full too. "The Brown Boat", you see, is a legend in his own mind. Congrats I'm sure it'll work out fine for ya.

1riviera
06-04-2001, 07:46 PM
i thank everyone for your help with my small
problem. your input was a great help. my next adventure is to fire it up and hammer down to see what this boat is all about in the water. if you have any input let me know.