PDA

View Full Version : Subs for Deck Boat

hallett 260
12-07-2004, 03:48 PM
As a few of you know I am rebuilding a Hallett deck boat. It currently has 4 cutouts for 6x9s (2 across from each other in the front and 2 at 90 degrees facing each other in the back). I have not wired up anything yet but would like to add some bass.
I thought of changing the 6x9's to subs and adding some 6.5's. Any thoughts?

Eliminator 4 Life
12-07-2004, 04:30 PM
6.5s are always good try to get them up as high as possible so they dont get drownded out by the bass. I would do 4 to 6 6.5s and some 10s or 12s for bass depends on how responsive you want it.........

Krumbsnatcher
12-08-2004, 08:40 AM
As a few of you know I am rebuilding a Hallett deck boat. It currently has 4 cutouts for 6x9s (2 across from each other in the front and 2 at 90 degrees facing each other in the back). I have not wired up anything yet but would like to add some bass.
I thought of changing the 6x9's to subs and adding some 6.5's. Any thoughts?
Here is a customer of mine and his layout hope it helps. if you want PM me and I can hook you up with asking him questions on his setup.
This boat will be at the LA Boat show on Display.
Just to let you know we did not install the stereo, however, we did supply the bling (speaker grills)
either way post some pics

hallett 260
12-08-2004, 10:38 AM
thanks for the picts. They gave me a good idea of what the boat would look like. Those grill are killer. PM me some prices.
Zach